|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bert informs Frank he recently hires an accountant who is also what?
(a) A banker.
(b) A manager.
(c) A poet.
(d) A stock broker.
2. When did Frank's father start his machinery sales business?
3. What is Lisa employed in at Muirka's?
(a) Women's garments.
(b) Women's hats.
(c) Men's handkerchiefs.
(d) Women's shoes.
4. When the cheating overseer asks for his internal passport, what is Frank's response?
(a) Withholds it from him.
(b) Withholds it until he agrees to pay the employees back.
(c) Gives it to him.
(d) Withholds it until he pays the employees back.
5. In Chapter 1, a messenger delivers a letter from Nellie to Frank at what location?
(a) Frank's home.
(b) Frank's hotel, out of town.
(c) Frank's office.
(d) Frank's secretary at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank meet Kuriatin to discuss the issue when he fails to provide the wood?
2. When she met Frank, Nellie was soon to take a qualifying exam for what position?
3. When Frank asks Miss Kinsman what she seeks, what is her reply?
4. Where is Miss Kinsman returning to when Frank meets her?
5. Nellie has her pregnancies in what sequence in Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions does Lisa take that very much please Frank when he arrives home quite late one evening?
2. When Charlie arrives at the station, what is it Frank first inquires about?
3. What are some examples of Nellie Cooper's lack of enthusiasm for the things she does?
4. What sort of character is Mrs. Graham shown to be in Chapter 18?
5. Why is it Mrs. Kuriatin readily agrees to have Dolly and Ben come after school to Mitya's party?
6. What prompts Frank to ask Nellie if he should get crosses for Dolly and Ben following Annushka's birth?
7. What transpires after Frank receives a telephone call from the Security Police on Palm Sunday?
8. What custom does Lisa partake in on the day prior to Palm Sunday that surprises Frank?
9. Although born and raised in Moscow, where does Frank receive his adult education?
10. When Frank tells Lisa he is sorry she never managed to study, what transpires next?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)