|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Frank's No. 2 and No. 3 compositors most upset by?
(a) The holes in Tyvordov's apron.
(b) Frank playing the incident down.
(c) Tyvordov being absent.
(d) Knowing an incident happened in their work area.
2. In response to Charlie indicating he may have spoken out of turn earlier with Frank, Dolly says what?
(a) It was okay, as her dad knows he will be lonely in returning home.
(b) Not to worry, her dad did not likely object to anything he said.
(c) It was alright, her dad did not object to people expressing their views.
(d) After his shopping and some tea, she will tell him what she thinks.
3. What does Frank do when he spots Lisa and the children across the square on Palm Sunday?
(a) Tells Volodya not to mention the shooting.
(b) Abandons Volodya.
(c) Tells Volodya not to mention the burglary.
(d) Takes Volodya with him.
4. In Chapter 26, Frank feels he must await the children returning, or else they will be disappointed to miss what?
(a) Spring boat sailing along the river.
(b) Spring cleaning of the house.
(c) Spring opening of the zoo.
(d) Spring blossuming at Alexander Garden.
5. While Charlie is out with Selwyn, Frank calls on Mrs. Graham again to ask about whom?
(c) Miss Kinsman.
6. Why does the train make a half-hour stop in Mozhaisk before it proceeds toward Berlin?
(a) Switching passengers, cargo.
(b) Changing crews.
(d) A restaurant.
7. Kuriatin offers to assume total control of Frank's children, which greatly impresses Bernov, but Frank advises what?
(a) Kuriatin has too many children of his own.
(b) Kuriatin does not really mean it.
(c) Kuriatin is far too busy.
(d) Kuriatin is not sufficiently responsible.
8. What does the individual Frank finds at work after hours do upon being surprised?
(a) Shoots twice at Frank.
(b) Says hello upon beng surprised.
(c) Turns and runs down the stairs.
(d) Knocks Frank over running past him.
9. What does Mrs. Graham suggest to Frank regarding Lisa?
(a) Be using her beauty to advance herself.
(b) She may be seeking to supplant Nellie.
(c) She may be teaching revolutionary theories to the children.
(d) She may be part of a revolutionary group.
10. After Lisa and the children depart on Palm Sunday, Frank gets a call from which division within the Ministry of Defense?
11. The day before Charlie is to return to Great Britain, he joins Frank en route to work how far?
(a) The tram.
(b) The bus.
(c) Several blocks.
(d) The end of the home's front walkway.
12. When Frank asks Lisa what she is going to say to him as she departs with the children for the dacha, she responds how after a brief pause?
(a) "Until next Saturday, Frank Albertovitch."
(b) "Until next Saturday, Frank Reid."
(c) "Until next Saturday, Frank."
(d) "Until next Saturday, Mr. Reid."
13. In Chapter 24, why is it the staff begins packing as though the children will be gone for months rather than a few days?
(a) Because none of them are going along.
(b) They are uncertain what the weather will be like.
(c) They feel it is a pretext for the Reid family leaving Russia.
(d) Because they feel the children may be gone a couple weeks.
14. Selwyn takes Charlie to a concert to hear Scriabin play what instrument?
15. At tea at Selwyn's with Charlie, Dolly suddenly states, "Uncle Charlie wants to take us back with him to Norbury," and also adds what?
(a) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of spring."
(b) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of winter."
(c) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of summer."
(d) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of autumn."
Short Answer Questions
1. During their walk, Charlie suggests to Frank he return where with his children?
2. Mrs. Graham disapproves of Lisa's presence in Frank's home and so many men impressed with her beauty, accusing all men of what?
3. Why do the police leave the scene?
4. At his home, Selwyn offers Dolly and Charlie a tea of sorts that he brews from nine herbs of healing, and that Dolly says are for what?
5. Frank's goal is seeing the break-in investigation does not what?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)