|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, Nellie receives a wire from Charlie advising he will be arriving when in Moscow?
(a) May 31.
(b) August 31.
(c) January 31.
(d) March 31.
2. What does the individual Frank surprises say he is doing after hours?
(a) Attempting to get a few school pages printed.
(b) Hoping to get some rest as he works two jobs.
(c) Hoping to get personal business documents printed.
(d) Hoping to get caught up on work.
3. Why does the train make a half-hour stop in Mozhaisk before it proceeds toward Berlin?
(a) Changing crews.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Switching passengers, cargo.
4. What does Frank tell the individual he finds in the shop to do?
(a) To turn off the lights.
(b) To lock up.
(c) Take the copy of Birch Tree Thoughts that he offers.
(d) To turn out the lights, lock up, leave the key with the watchman.
5. In Chapter 26, Frank feels he must await the children returning, or else they will be disappointed to miss what?
(a) Spring opening of the zoo.
(b) Spring cleaning of the house.
(c) Spring boat sailing along the river.
(d) Spring blossuming at Alexander Garden.
6. What does Tvyordor tell Frank he plans to do with his tools?
(a) Toss them in the river.
(b) Pass them on to his son.
(c) Give them to No. 2 compositor.
(d) Sell them.
7. In seeing him off at the station, Frank realizes Charlie seems to have forgotten what?
(a) Some of the packages he was taking.
(b) Where it was he was heading.
(c) His hat.
(d) The main goal of his visit.
8. What is Frank's response to Lisa's reply upon being told to answer Ben's question about how it was easier for women than a decade ago?
9. Selwyn takes Charlie to a concert to hear Scriabin play what instrument?
10. In Chapter 25, how does Fitzgerald describe the Reid dacha?
(a) A small brick house.
(b) An elaborate home.
(c) A modest wooden cabin.
(d) Little more than a shack.
11. Frank replies how when Volodya asks that they forgive each other on Palm Sunday?
(a) He has already forgven.
(b) He can never forgive.
(c) He is doing his best.
(d) There is nothing to forgive.
12. Frank would like it if Dolly gave Charlie what?
(a) A chance.
(b) A hug.
(c) A tune on the piano.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
13. The Defense Ministry informs Frank of what?
(a) They could invalidate all his exit permits.
(b) They could legally suspend all his exit permits.
(c) They could withhold all his exit permits.
(d) They could legally invalidate all his exit permits.
14. While Charlie is out with Selwyn, Frank calls on Mrs. Graham again to ask about whom?
(c) Miss Kinsman.
15. Frank's goal is seeing the break-in investigation does not what?
(a) Become a major security issue.
(b) Avoiding future break-ins.
(c) Frighten Tyvordov away.
(d) Raise insurance costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Dolly and Ben doing when Frank arrives home following the after hours incident at Reid Press?
2. The Reid dacha is closely surrounded by trees as the forest had been cut when?
3. When Charlie arrives, Frank promptly asks about Nellie and is told what?
4. Frank is told the Defense Ministry is making him responsible for the burglar to Reid Press, Vladimir Semyonich Grigoriev, and what?
5. When is the only time Lisa speaks at dinner?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)