|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their walk, Charlie suggests to Frank he return where with his children?
2. The night before Lisa accompanies the children to the dacha, she tells Frank that Volodya had stuck a note to her in the library reading what?
(a) "You're alive. I too am alive."
(b) "I am in love with you. You're alive."
(c) "You're alive. I must be with you."
(d) "I am in love with you. I need you."
3. Mrs. Graham disapproves of Lisa's presence in Frank's home and so many men impressed with her beauty, accusing all men of what?
(a) Lusting after her at heart.
(b) Being serf-owners at heart.
(c) Being merely lechers in their souls.
(d) Being smitten schoolboys.
4. Who is the patron saint of printing?
(a) St. Moritz.
(b) St. Modestus.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) St. Markus.
5. As Frank tells Lisa to answer Ben's query about why it is better for women now than ten years ago, she puts down her spoon and responds how?
(a) He might understand the answer better were he older.
(b) She does not believe she knows how to explain.
(c) She does not feel Ben would understand the answer.
(d) She feels it is unkind asking more of anyone than they can give.
6. Volodya adds he shot at Frank because he took Lisa into his home, he had met her in the library, and spoke to her how many times?
7. How does Frank reply as Lisa enters the room with the two men and says in Russian, she did not plan to stay knowing he wants to talk with Charlie?
(a) "Stay here, I'm in love with you," in Russian.
(b) "Stay here," in English.
(c) "Stay here, I'm in love with you," in English.
(d) "Stay here," in Russian.
8. The day before Charlie is to return to Great Britain, he joins Frank en route to work how far?
(a) The tram.
(b) Several blocks.
(c) The bus.
(d) The end of the home's front walkway.
9. Frank is told the Defense Ministry is making him responsible for the burglar to Reid Press, Vladimir Semyonich Grigoriev, and what?
(a) He cannot leave Moscow while Grigoriev is a student at the university.
(b) He must employ Grigoriev while he is a student at the university.
(c) He cannot leave Moscow until Grigoriev's university time is paid for.
(d) He can leave Moscow only while Grigoriev is a student at the university.
10. Frank would like it if Dolly gave Charlie what?
(a) A tune on the piano.
(b) A chance.
(c) A kiss on the cheek.
(d) A hug.
11. While speaking with Lisa about the note Volodya stuck to her in the library, Selwyn appears, and Frank tells him what?
(a) This is not a particularly good time to talk to him.
(b) Depart or he will shove his teeth down his throat.
(c) Excuse them, he and Lisa are busy right then.
(d) He does not have time to meet with him at that moment.
12. Kuriatin offers to assume total control of Frank's children, which greatly impresses Bernov, but Frank advises what?
(a) Kuriatin has too many children of his own.
(b) Kuriatin does not really mean it.
(c) Kuriatin is not sufficiently responsible.
(d) Kuriatin is far too busy.
13. Why does the train make a half-hour stop in Mozhaisk before it proceeds toward Berlin?
(a) Switching passengers, cargo.
(b) A restaurant.
(d) Changing crews.
14. The Defense Ministry informs Frank of what?
(a) They could invalidate all his exit permits.
(b) They could legally suspend all his exit permits.
(c) They could withhold all his exit permits.
(d) They could legally invalidate all his exit permits.
15. Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Bernov, Frank's new cost accountant, offers ideas that would increase profitability, but that would what?
(a) Decrease the lifespan of machinery.
(b) Require significant investment.
(c) Limit profit margins.
(d) Be hard on the staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time Lisa speaks at dinner?
2. What does Frank tell the individual he finds in the shop to do?
3. The Reid dacha is closely surrounded by trees as the forest had been cut when?
4. What does Frank do when he spots Lisa and the children across the square on Palm Sunday?
5. On what night at the dacha is Dolly awakened by the slight noise of a door opening?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)