|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his talk with Selwyn, Frank appears to be concentrating too much on what?
(b) His children.
(d) Miss Kinsman.
2. What does Sergei, a servant, toss at the bear?
(b) Boiling water.
(c) Ice water.
(d) Red-hot coals.
3. What is Kuriatin supposed to be supplying Reid Press?
(a) Wood to construct work tables.
(b) Wood to replace old stairs.
(c) Wood for shipping crates.
(d) Wood for floor repairs.
4. Who does Bert tell Frank he has hired as his chief compositor?
(a) Toma Dunyasha.
(b) Selwyn Osipych.
(c) Jacob Kraninsky.
(d) Yacob Tvyordov.
5. What is the name of Selwyn's book that Frank is printing?
(a) Oak Tree Thoughts.
(b) Birch Tree Thoughts.
(c) Pine Tree Thoughts.
(d) Maple Tree Thoughts.
6. Whom does Nellie take with her when she leaves home?
(a) Dolly, Ben, Andrea.
(b) Dolly, Ben, Alicia.
(c) Dolly, Ben, Annushka.
(d) Dolly, Ben, Alexandra.
7. Who pounds on the door of the location Frank finds his children at?
(a) The taxi driver.
(c) A police officer.
(d) The station master's wife.
8. Early in Chapter 10, Frank learns Miss Kinsman has left for where?
(a) Lenin Station.
(b) Alexander Station.
(c) Nicholas I Station.
(d) Moscow Station.
9. Frank was born where?
(a) Moscow, of English parents.
(b) London, of Russian parents.
(c) Moscow, of Irish parents.
(d) St. Petersburg, of English parents.
10. Where does Frank meet Kuriatin to discuss the issue when he fails to provide the wood?
(a) Kuriatin's home.
(b) Kuriatin's office.
(c) The steam room at the baths.
(d) Frank's office at Reid Press.
11. Mrs. Graham tells Frank she would never suggest Miss Kinsman as a governess as she knows what?
(a) Why she left her previous position.
(b) She cannot manage three children.
(c) Miss Kinsman yearns to return home.
(d) Why Nellie left.
12. In Chapter 2, Frank receives a call informing him his children are being taken care of where?
(a) The police station.
(b) The train station.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The station master's home.
13. At the tea-room Kuriatin has invited Frank to, waiters career about wheeling large teapots about like what?
(a) Bumper cars.
(b) Oversized balloons.
(c) Fish in a glass bowl.
(d) Taxis in the city.
14. Frank informs Selwyn about Miss Kinsman, mainly to check what?
(a) What Selwyn knew of her.
(b) His own understanding of the incident.
(c) Whether he should contact her.
(d) If he should hire a governess.
15. When she met Frank, Nellie was soon to take a qualifying exam for what position?
(a) Pharmacy assistant.
(b) Dental assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she asks for his address, Frank offers to escort Miss Kinsman where?
2. Nellie's brother, Charlie, writes to whom and how frequently?
3. Subsequent to his initial apprenticeship, where does Frank transfer to?
4. In an effort to ingratiate himself with neighboring businesses, Frank arranges to pay for what?
5. Nellie has her pregnancies in what sequence in Germany?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)