|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Frank asks Miss Kinsman what she seeks, what is her reply?
(b) Only a position in Frank's household.
(c) Only Frank's address.
(d) Only a position with Frank's firm.
2. When does Tvyordov take his break each day?
3. How frequently does Frank wire Charlie about Nellie?
(a) Every 6 hours.
(b) Every 12 hours.
(c) Every 24 hours.
(d) Every 3 hours.
4. When Frank tells Dolly where the paper and envelopes are if she wants to write her mother, what is her response?
(a) It would likely be better if she didn't.
(b) She would prefer to wire her.
(c) She would immediately.
(d) She would wait awhile.
5. Frank's plant sits on which roadway?
(a) Seraphim Street.
(b) Moscow Pathway.
(c) Seraphim Avenue.
(d) Seraphim Drive.
6. Dunyasha, whose job is to watch the children, asks what of Frank when he does return home?
(a) Her final payment.
(b) No disciplinary measure be taken.
(c) Her internal passport.
(d) A letter of recommendation.
7. As Frank departs the Chaplaincy, Miss Kinsman follows how closely?
(a) Some distance.
(b) Shyly approaching.
(c) Approaching at a quick pace.
(d) Relatively closely.
8. Nellie has her pregnancies in what sequence in Germany?
(a) Dolly, Ben, a miscarriage.
(b) A miscarriage, Dolly, Ben.
(c) Dolly, a miscarriage, Ben.
(d) Ben, Dolly, a miscarriage.
9. In Chapter 7, what does Frank finally recognize regarding Nellie?
(a) Her absence might be longer than he thought.
(b) She is likely never coming back.
(c) She will likely return when she tires of her brother.
(d) She will likely be back when she runs out of money.
10. In Chapter 6, Frank believes that foreigners will be able to run businesses in Moscow for how many more years?
(a) 2 to 5.
(b) 6 to 8.
(c) 5 to 10.
(d) 10 to 15.
11. As Frank and the children await in the dining room on Lisa's first day, how does she arrive?
(a) With her hair cut.
(d) In a new dress.
12. How old does Nellie make it clear to Frank she is when they meet?
13. Whom does Frank inform Selwyn will be joining Reid Press?
(a) A new printer first class.
(b) An assistant tax accountant.
(c) A new cost accountant.
(d) A typesetter second class.
14. In taking over Reidka, Frank learns which overseer has been cheating the employees?
15. Where does Frank meet Kuriatin to discuss the issue when he fails to provide the wood?
(a) Frank's office at Reid Press.
(b) Kuriatin's home.
(c) Kuriatin's office.
(d) The steam room at the baths.
Short Answer Questions
1. The kitchen-mother Frank finds watching his children normally is available for how much per day?
2. Which two individuals make a knowing comment to Frank about his hiring Lisa so soon after Nellie leaves?
3. When she met Frank, Nellie was soon to take a qualifying exam for what position?
4. Where does Frank work in Frankfurt, Germany?
5. Whom is Nellie living with when she meets Frank in Norbury?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)