|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Frank's father start his machinery sales business?
2. Where is Miss Kinsman returning to when Frank meets her?
3. Since Lisa's haircut, Frank what?.
(a) Is overwhelmed by her beauty.
(b) Tries to avoid looking at Lisa.
(c) Disagrees with Dolly.
(d) Is able to make a few polite comments.
4. Following their marriage, Frank and Nellie stop in Frankfurt, Germany for how long en route to Moscow?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Who introduces Frank to Muriel Kinsman?
(a) Reverend Graham.
(b) Mrs. Graham.
(c) Thomas Graham.
(d) Mr. Graham.
6. What town does Lisa come from?
7. When the cheating overseer asks for his internal passport, what is Frank's response?
(a) Withholds it until he pays the employees back.
(b) Gives it to him.
(c) Withholds it until he agrees to pay the employees back.
(d) Withholds it from him.
8. In Chapter 7, what does Frank finally recognize regarding Nellie?
(a) She is likely never coming back.
(b) She will likely return when she tires of her brother.
(c) Her absence might be longer than he thought.
(d) She will likely be back when she runs out of money.
9. The Reid family home in Russia burns down how far in the riots?
10. How old does Nellie make it clear to Frank she is when they meet?
11. Frank's plant sits on which roadway?
(a) Seraphim Avenue.
(b) Moscow Pathway.
(c) Seraphim Drive.
(d) Seraphim Street.
12. What courses did Frank study prior to taking on an apprenticeship?
(c) Mechanical engineering and printing.
(d) Architechtural engineering.
13. Why does Frank transfer from Nottingham to Norbury?
(a) Better hours.
(b) Better wages.
(c) Better chances for promotion.
(d) More up-to-date machinery.
14. In the novel's opening paragraph, Nellie has taken her three children and left, presumably for where?
15. What was Frank's father's trade?
(a) Importer and assembler of printing machinery.
(b) Foreign service officer.
(c) Railroad engineer.
(d) Newspaper publisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frank arrives where his children were said to be at, he is told they are now where?
2. Who does Bert tell Frank he has hired as his chief compositor?
3. What does Mitya give the dancing bear to drink at the party?
4. Dolly tells Frank her mother sent the children back for what reason?
5. As Frank departs the Chaplaincy, Miss Kinsman follows how closely?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)