|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is born in late autumn of 1911?
2. At the tea-room Kuriatin has invited Frank to, waiters career about wheeling large teapots about like what?
(a) Oversized balloons.
(b) Fish in a glass bowl.
(c) Bumper cars.
(d) Taxis in the city.
3. Nellie has her pregnancies in what sequence in Germany?
(a) Dolly, a miscarriage, Ben.
(b) Ben, Dolly, a miscarriage.
(c) A miscarriage, Dolly, Ben.
(d) Dolly, Ben, a miscarriage.
4. When Frank interviews Lisa Ivanovna, how do Dolly and Ben seem to take to her?
(a) Slowly initially.
(b) Not too easily.
(c) Not at all.
(d) Very easily.
5. Why does Frank transfer from Nottingham to Norbury?
(a) Better hours.
(b) Better chances for promotion.
(c) Better wages.
(d) More up-to-date machinery.
6. What is Kuriatin supposed to be supplying Reid Press?
(a) Wood to construct work tables.
(b) Wood for floor repairs.
(c) Wood to replace old stairs.
(d) Wood for shipping crates.
7. In Chapter 1, a messenger delivers a letter from Nellie to Frank at what location?
(a) Frank's hotel, out of town.
(b) Frank's office.
(c) Frank's secretary at work.
(d) Frank's home.
8. In Chapter 7, what does Frank finally recognize regarding Nellie?
(a) She will likely be back when she runs out of money.
(b) She is likely never coming back.
(c) Her absence might be longer than he thought.
(d) She will likely return when she tires of her brother.
9. Where does Frank meet Kuriatin to discuss the issue when he fails to provide the wood?
(a) Kuriatin's office.
(b) Kuriatin's home.
(c) The steam room at the baths.
(d) Frank's office at Reid Press.
10. What town does Lisa come from?
11. Since Lisa's haircut, Frank what?.
(a) Disagrees with Dolly.
(b) Is overwhelmed by her beauty.
(c) Is able to make a few polite comments.
(d) Tries to avoid looking at Lisa.
12. How does Frank respond to Dolly saying she thinks he asks too much of Nellie?
(a) He does not agree.
(b) That is between Nellie and Frank.
(c) Perhaps, but not enough for her to leave.
(d) She may be right.
13. What employment has Miss Kinsman been at when Frank meets her?
(c) Office clerk.
14. How does Frank decide whether or not to take a police inspector to the office with him after hours?
(a) By not wanting to waste a single moment.
(b) By taking Selwyn along with him.
(c) By tossing a coin.
(d) By having his pistol in his coat pocket.
15. How does Selwyn initially describe Lisa Ivanovna to Frank as?
(a) A governess whose father is a professor.
(b) A governess with considerable experience.
(c) A child of nature.
(d) A governor who comes from St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his talk with Selwyn, Frank appears to be concentrating too much on what?
2. When does the wood arrive at Reid Press?
3. Following their marriage, Frank and Nellie stop in Frankfurt, Germany for how long en route to Moscow?
4. Frank's plant sits on which roadway?
5. What does Frank ask Lisa to do?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)