|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's response when Lisa arrives on her first day?
(a) He speaks with Toma.
(b) He avoids talking to her.
(c) He excuses himself to make a call.
(d) He avoids looking at her.
2. Nellie has her pregnancies in what sequence in Germany?
(a) Ben, Dolly, a miscarriage.
(b) A miscarriage, Dolly, Ben.
(c) Dolly, Ben, a miscarriage.
(d) Dolly, a miscarriage, Ben.
3. At the tea-room Kuriatin has invited Frank to, waiters career about wheeling large teapots about like what?
(a) Bumper cars.
(b) Oversized balloons.
(c) Fish in a glass bowl.
(d) Taxis in the city.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Frank finally recognize regarding Nellie?
(a) She will likely be back when she runs out of money.
(b) She will likely return when she tires of her brother.
(c) Her absence might be longer than he thought.
(d) She is likely never coming back.
5. What does Sergei, a servant, toss at the bear?
(a) Boiling water.
(c) Ice water.
(d) Red-hot coals.
6. How frequently does Frank wire Charlie about Nellie?
(a) Every 6 hours.
(b) Every 24 hours.
(c) Every 12 hours.
(d) Every 3 hours.
7. Why does Frank select a taxi that appears as though it were just starting for the day rather than one that was running all night?
(a) The taxi just starting is more likely to be clean.
(b) The taxi running all night is more likely to break down.
(c) The operator driving all night is likely to have been drinking.
(d) The taxi just starting would move faster.
8. When did Frank's father start his machinery sales business?
9. Whose reputation likely accounts for a portion of Reidka's success?
(a) The primary consultant.
(b) The senior engineer.
(c) The chief compositor.
(d) The chief editor.
10. The kitchen-mother Frank finds watching his children normally is available for how much per day?
(a) 80 kopeks a day.
(b) 90 kopeks a day.
(c) 100 kopeks a day.
(d) 70 kopeks a day.
11. In Chapter 2, Frank receives a call informing him his children are being taken care of where?
(a) The train station.
(b) The police station.
(c) The station master's home.
(d) The cathedral.
12. Frank does not see the outside world making a sufficient impression on Lisa for her to cry over what?
(a) Living in his home.
(b) Leaving her job at Muirka's.
(c) Being alone in the city.
(d) Cutting her hair.
13. After collecting his children where he finds them, Frank takes them where?
(b) His sister's.
(c) The church.
(d) His business.
14. When Frank interviews Lisa Ivanovna, how do Dolly and Ben seem to take to her?
(a) Slowly initially.
(b) Very easily.
(c) Not at all.
(d) Not too easily.
15. How old does Nellie make it clear to Frank she is when they meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is born in late autumn of 1911?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Selwyn have concern about?
3. Frank's plant sits on which roadway?
4. After reading Nellie's letter, what does Frank tell his staff?
5. When the cheating overseer asks for his internal passport, what is Frank's response?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)