|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergei, a servant, toss at the bear?
(a) Red-hot coals.
(b) Ice water.
(d) Boiling water.
2. Subsequent to his initial apprenticeship, where does Frank transfer to?
(a) Hoses of Norbury.
(b) Hoes of Norbury.
(c) Hues of Norbury.
(d) Hoots of Norbury.
3. In Chapter 2, Frank receives a call informing him his children are being taken care of where?
(a) The police station.
(b) The station master's home.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The train station.
4. What does Frank's experience with Dolly lead him to believe about a gold cross she requests?
(a) She pesters to get her way.
(b) She asks several times.
(c) She asks once, waits a good while, then asks a second time.
(d) She only asks once.
5. As Frank departs the Chaplaincy, Miss Kinsman follows how closely?
(a) Relatively closely.
(b) Some distance.
(c) Shyly approaching.
(d) Approaching at a quick pace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nellie take with her when she leaves home?
2. What is Frank doing when he receives the letter from Nellie in the opening chapter?
3. The kitchen-mother Frank finds watching his children normally is available for how much per day?
4. In the novel's opening paragraph, Nellie has taken her three children and left, presumably for where?
5. Whose reputation likely accounts for a portion of Reidka's success?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)