|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Frank's company?
(a) Reid Press.
(b) Franklin Press.
(c) F.R. Press.
(d) Daily Press.
2. Soon after they return, what does Frank say to Dolly?
(a) He asks where his wife is.
(b) He does not know why her mother left.
(c) He was very lonely while the children were away.
(d) He had been looking everywhere for them.
3. What else does Nellie admit to soon after meeting Frank?
(a) She does not like singing very much.
(b) She does not like anything very much.
(c) She does not like dancing very much.
(d) She does not like drinking very much.
4. Who is born in late autumn of 1911?
5. Who does Bert tell Frank he has hired as his chief compositor?
(a) Jacob Kraninsky.
(b) Toma Dunyasha.
(c) Selwyn Osipych.
(d) Yacob Tvyordov.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the novel's opening paragraph, Nellie has taken her three children and left, presumably for where?
2. Frank initially takes on an apprenticeship where upon finishing his courses?
3. Frank's plant sits on which roadway?
4. When did Frank's father start his machinery sales business?
5. In Chapter 7, Frank believes Nellie will return, and he wires all the railway stations as far as where?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)