|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Frank finally recognize regarding Nellie?
(a) She is likely never coming back.
(b) She will likely be back when she runs out of money.
(c) Her absence might be longer than he thought.
(d) She will likely return when she tires of her brother.
2. Where does Frank work in Frankfurt, Germany?
(a) Hirsch's Printing Machinery.
(b) Hirschfeld's Printing Machinery.
(c) Hurstfeld's Printing Machinery.
(d) Heidelburg Printing Machinery.
3. What does Frank's experience with Dolly lead him to believe about a gold cross she requests?
(a) She pesters to get her way.
(b) She only asks once.
(c) She asks several times.
(d) She asks once, waits a good while, then asks a second time.
4. In Chapter 7, Frank believes Nellie will return, and he wires all the railway stations as far as where?
5. Who introduces Frank to Muriel Kinsman?
(a) Mr. Graham.
(b) Thomas Graham.
(c) Reverend Graham.
(d) Mrs. Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dolly respond to his comment?
2. Frank calls whom immediately after reading Nellie's letter?
3. Why does Frank select a taxi that appears as though it were just starting for the day rather than one that was running all night?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Selwyn inadvertently leave behind?
5. What else does Nellie admit to soon after meeting Frank?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)