|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank select a taxi that appears as though it were just starting for the day rather than one that was running all night?
(a) The operator driving all night is likely to have been drinking.
(b) The taxi just starting would move faster.
(c) The taxi just starting is more likely to be clean.
(d) The taxi running all night is more likely to break down.
2. What does Charlie wire Frank back the third day?
(a) He has not seen or heard from Nellie.
(b) He heard from her once, but has no other information.
(c) Nellie is safe and well, but not there with him.
(d) Nellie is safe and well with him.
3. In Chapter 2, Frank receives a call informing him his children are being taken care of where?
(a) The train station.
(b) The station master's home.
(c) The police station.
(d) The cathedral.
4. What was Frank's father's trade?
(a) Foreign service officer.
(b) Railroad engineer.
(c) Importer and assembler of printing machinery.
(d) Newspaper publisher.
5. How frequently does Frank wire Charlie about Nellie?
(a) Every 24 hours.
(b) Every 3 hours.
(c) Every 12 hours.
(d) Every 6 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Frank finally recognize regarding Nellie?
2. What is the name of Frank's company?
3. Whom is Nellie living with when she meets Frank in Norbury?
4. Frank initially takes on an apprenticeship where upon finishing his courses?
5. At home, Frank hires Dunyasha to help Nellie with what?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)