|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pounds on the door of the location Frank finds his children at?
(a) The taxi driver.
(b) The station master's wife.
(c) A police officer.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Selwyn inadvertently leave behind?
(a) His briefcase.
(b) His coat.
(c) His hat.
(d) His umbrella.
3. At home, Frank hires Dunyasha to help Nellie with what?
(a) The cooking.
(b) The general care of the home.
(c) The children.
(d) The cleaning.
4. Soon after they return, what does Frank say to Dolly?
(a) He was very lonely while the children were away.
(b) He does not know why her mother left.
(c) He asks where his wife is.
(d) He had been looking everywhere for them.
5. Frank calls whom immediately after reading Nellie's letter?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His chief accountant.
(c) The train station for the schedule.
(d) His minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she met Frank, Nellie was soon to take a qualifying exam for what position?
2. In Chapter 1, a messenger delivers a letter from Nellie to Frank at what location?
3. Bert informs Frank he recently hires an accountant who is also what?
4. What courses did Frank study prior to taking on an apprenticeship?
5. When Frank says he does not know in response to Dolly's inquiry about her mother, how does Dolly reply?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)