|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading Nellie's letter, what does Frank tell his staff?
(a) Nellie left for London with the children, it is unknown when she will return.
(b) Nellie took the children to Bridgeport, he doesn't know when she will return.
(c) Nellie left with the children, he doesn't know when she will return.
(d) Nellie left for Paris, he doesn't know when she will return.
2. In an effort to ingratiate himself with neighboring businesses, Frank arranges to pay for what?
(a) A night watchman for the whole block.
(b) Fire service for the whole block.
(c) Clearing of snow for the entire block.
(d) Garbage disposal for the whole block.
3. Following their marriage, Frank and Nellie stop in Frankfurt, Germany for how long en route to Moscow?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. In Chapter 2, Frank receives a call informing him his children are being taken care of where?
(a) The cathedral.
(b) The station master's home.
(c) The police station.
(d) The train station.
5. In taking over Reidka, Frank learns which overseer has been cheating the employees?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dolly respond to his comment?
2. Whom does Nellie take with her when she leaves home?
3. Whose reputation likely accounts for a portion of Reidka's success?
4. When did Frank's father start his machinery sales business?
5. What else does Nellie admit to soon after meeting Frank?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)