|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dolly respond to his comment?
(a) It did not take him too long to find them.
(b) She does not know where her mother is now.
(c) He must know the reason his wife left.
(d) The children weren't away for very long.
2. Nellie has her pregnancies in what sequence in Germany?
(a) Ben, Dolly, a miscarriage.
(b) Dolly, a miscarriage, Ben.
(c) Dolly, Ben, a miscarriage.
(d) A miscarriage, Dolly, Ben.
3. What does Bert die of?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Violent protest in Moscow.
(d) Old age.
4. Who does Bert tell Frank he has hired as his chief compositor?
(a) Selwyn Osipych.
(b) Toma Dunyasha.
(c) Yacob Tvyordov.
(d) Jacob Kraninsky.
5. The Reid family home in Russia burns down how far in the riots?
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon after they return, what does Frank say to Dolly?
2. What is Frank doing when he receives the letter from Nellie in the opening chapter?
3. Where does Frank work in Frankfurt, Germany?
4. Although born and raised in Russia, Frank is viewed by everyone as what?
5. What else does Nellie admit to soon after meeting Frank?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)