|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dolly respond to his comment?
(a) He must know the reason his wife left.
(b) She does not know where her mother is now.
(c) The children weren't away for very long.
(d) It did not take him too long to find them.
2. When did Frank's father start his machinery sales business?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Selwyn inadvertently leave behind?
(a) His umbrella.
(b) His hat.
(c) His coat.
(d) His briefcase.
4. Bert informs Frank he recently hires an accountant who is also what?
(a) A poet.
(b) A stock broker.
(c) A manager.
(d) A banker.
5. In Chapter 2, Frank receives a call informing him his children are being taken care of where?
(a) The police station.
(b) The station master's home.
(c) The train station.
(d) The cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank's father, Bert, dies when?
2. Frank initially takes on an apprenticeship where upon finishing his courses?
3. Where does Frank work in Frankfurt, Germany?
4. When Frank arrives where his children were said to be at, he is told they are now where?
5. In the novel's opening paragraph, Nellie has taken her three children and left, presumably for where?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)