|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dolly tells Frank her mother sent the children back for what reason?
(a) She had run out of funds.
(b) They were not a comfort to her.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She did not have sufficient funds to support them.
2. When Frank meets them across the square on Palm Sunday, what do the children do?
(a) Beg him to let them go to the dacha with Lisa.
(b) Beg him to go with them to the dacha with Lisa.
(c) Beg him to let them go for tea with Lisa.
(d) Beg him to let them go for pastry with Lisa.
3. At tea at Selwyn's with Charlie, Dolly suddenly states, "Uncle Charlie wants to take us back with him to Norbury," and also adds what?
(a) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of spring."
(b) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of summer."
(c) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of autumn."
(d) "I don't want to leave Russia, it's the beginning of winter."
4. When did Frank's father start his machinery sales business?
5. In Chapter 2, Frank receives a call informing him his children are being taken care of where?
(a) The police station.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The station master's home.
(d) The train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitya give the dancing bear to drink at the party?
2. Chapter 18 opens with Charlie admiring Moscow and viewing Frank's life as being out of what literary tale?
3. Mrs. Graham disapproves of Lisa's presence in Frank's home and so many men impressed with her beauty, accusing all men of what?
4. Who does Bert tell Frank he has hired as his chief compositor?
5. As Frank and the children await in the dining room on Lisa's first day, how does she arrive?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)