|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Frank tells Lisa to answer Ben's query about why it is better for women now than ten years ago, she puts down her spoon and responds how?
(a) She feels it is unkind asking more of anyone than they can give.
(b) She does not believe she knows how to explain.
(c) She does not feel Ben would understand the answer.
(d) He might understand the answer better were he older.
2. In Chapter 14, what does Frank find upon arriving at work after hours?
(a) A student sitting at a stool.
(b) The night watchman sleeping.
(c) An individual ransacking his office.
(d) Tvyordov working.
3. In Chapter 7, Frank believes Nellie will return, and he wires all the railway stations as far as where?
4. In seeing him off at the station, Frank realizes Charlie seems to have forgotten what?
(a) His hat.
(b) Where it was he was heading.
(c) The main goal of his visit.
(d) Some of the packages he was taking.
5. What does Frank tell the individual he finds in the shop to do?
(a) To lock up.
(b) To turn off the lights.
(c) Take the copy of Birch Tree Thoughts that he offers.
(d) To turn out the lights, lock up, leave the key with the watchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time Lisa speaks at dinner?
2. What does the individual Frank finds at work after hours do upon being surprised?
3. What does Charlie wire Frank back the third day?
4. The night prior to Charlie leaving, when he suggests Lisa accompany him with the children en route home to ease Frank's mind, Frank asks what?
5. When Frank tells Dolly where the paper and envelopes are if she wants to write her mother, what is her response?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)