|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, how much money does Miss Tann want the Seviers to come up with?
2. In Chapter 20, what are Rill and Fern told to call Mr. and Mrs. Sevier?
3. When was the slave cabin on Trent's property built?
4. In Chapter 22, who does Rill, Arney, and Fern see when they wake on the boat in the morning?
5. How much older is Arney than Rill?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, how did Rill describe the Sevier place and the people there?
2. In Chapter 22, why did Miss Tann come to talk to Mrs. Sevier?
3. In Chapter 19, what does May tell Trent about his grandfather?
4. In Chapter 18, why did Rill think that Briny and Queenie might not want her back?
5. In Chapter 18, what happened to Rill at the end of the chapter?
6. In Chapter 21, what are Avery's sisters and niece and nephews doing when she gets to Drayden Hill?
7. In Chapter 23, who comes by while Avery and Trent are inside the little cottage?
8. In Chapter 15, why does Abby call Avery and what do they talk about?
9. What is the first thing that Avery and Trent find after the cabbie drops them off and they walk down a path?
10. In Chapter 14, what condition was Camellia in when Rill returned from the viewing party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story is told from the first person point of view and from the point of view of different narrators. How does using different narrators affect what can be told about characters? How does the author’s choice to use different narrators and the first person impact the plot and how readers view characters?
Essay Topic 2
As Rill left the river for the last time, she realized that Rill had to die and May Weathers had to live. What experiences did Rill have that made her the person she was? Did her experiences made her stronger or weaker? Why did she decide Rill had to die and May had to live?
Essay Topic 3
Each of the remaining sisters had dragonfly bracelets. What did the bracelets mean to the sisters and remind them of? What did they symbolize to May and Grandma Judy?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)