|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, for how long at a time does the man who came for Rill tell Miss Tann that his wife takes to her bed?
(a) 4-5 weeks.
(b) 10-12 days.
2. In Chapter 18, what does the man say that he does for a living when he speaks to Miss Tann about taking Rill?
3. In Chapter 15 when Avery sees Jonah, Trent's son, how old does she think that he is?
(c) 2 or 3.
(d) 3 or 4.
4. In Chapter 19, how old does May say that Trent's grandfather was when they first met?
5. How many graves does Rill say are on the Sevier property in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, who does Rill tell to leave Stevie alone?
2. What does Trent say that his grandfather's adoptive father did for a living?
3. Where do Elliott and Avery walk in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 22, what does Fern give Arney to take them to the river?
5. At the end of Chapter 22, how long has it been since Queenie died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rill run after Mr. Sevier talked about getting her piano lessons?
2. In Chapter 14, what condition was Camellia in when Rill returned from the viewing party?
3. In Chapter 15, why does Abby call Avery and what do they talk about?
4. What happened to Gabion at the viewing party in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 22, why did Rill think something was wrong with the Arcadia?
6. In Chapter 23, who comes by while Avery and Trent are inside the little cottage?
7. In Chapter 19, what does May tell Trent about his grandfather?
8. In Chapter 18, why did Rill think that Briny and Queenie might not want her back?
9. In Chapter 14, what were the children given at the viewing party?
10. At the end of Chapter 16, what news did Rill learn about Fern?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)