|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what type of car does Elliott drive?
(a) White Cadillac.
(b) Navy Lexus.
(c) Silver BMW.
(d) Gray Lincoln.
2. What photo appeared in an expose about corporate-owned nursing care?
(a) Wells and his mother walking in the gardens at Magnolia.
(b) The Stafford family at Magnolia with Grandma Judy.
(c) Wells and his mother in a common room at Magnolia.
(d) The Stafford family admitting Grandma Judy at Magnolia.
3. In Chapter 23, what plants are growing around the tidy little house that Avery and Trent find?
(a) River birch and birdfoot violets.
(b) Silver maples and hepatica.
(c) Roses and crepe myrtles.
(d) Eastern red cedar and rue anemone.
4. In Chapter 21, what is the name of the cab driver who drives Avery?
5. In Chapter 17, when does Avery remembering coming to Edisto alone with her father for a science project?
(a) 7th grade.
(b) 5th grade.
(c) 8th grade.
(d) 6th grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the couple who want to adopt Gabion from in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 20, where does Mrs. Sevier say that she grew up?
3. In Chapter 19, as Avery arrives at May's nursing home, how many calls has she missed from Leslie?
4. In Chapter 14, how long have Rill and her siblings been at Miss Tann's?
5. In Chapter 16, how does Silas find Rill?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does May tell Trent about his grandfather?
2. In Chapter 14, what condition was Camellia in when Rill returned from the viewing party?
3. In Chapter 16, why did Miss Dodd need the job at the home?
4. In Chapter 15, why does Abby call Avery and what do they talk about?
5. In Chapter 17, what photographs does Avery find in Trent's grandfather's research room in the old slave cabin?
6. Why did Rill run after Mr. Sevier talked about getting her piano lessons?
7. In Chapter 21, what does Elliott say about Grandma Judy?
8. In Chapter 18, why did Rill think that Briny and Queenie might not want her back?
9. In Chapter 14, what were the children given at the viewing party?
10. In Chapter 23, who comes by while Avery and Trent are inside the little cottage?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)