|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter 7, what does Grandma Judy call Avery?
2. In Chapter 8, what grade did Rill remember that Lark would be in in the fall?
3. When the bookmobile comes in Chapter 12, how many books is Rill allowed to get?
4. Where is Elliott in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 6, which of the children nearly escapes?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where are the children first taken?
2. What last name are Rill and the other children given in Chapter 8?
3. What does Rill smell in Chapter 10, when a man comes into the room where she and her siblings are sleeping?
4. In Chapter 12, what is the name of the boy whose father comes to get him, but he is told that his boy has been adopted?
5. In Chapter 1 when Avery and Wells go to a nursing home for a woman's birthday celebration, how old is the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what photo does Avery see in May Crandall's room, and why does the photograph interest her?
2. In Chapter 13, what did Avery's uncle Clifford say about going to Edisto Island?
3. At the end of Chapter 12, who was interested in Fern?
4. In Chapter 11, what was Wells' condition?
5. What happens to Rill and the other children in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 7, how does Avery remember that her parents met?
7. In Chapter 1, when Avery is at a nursing home with her father, what encounter does she have with a woman named May Crandall?
8. In Chapter 2, why was Rill worried?
9. In Chapter 4, who came with Briny to help get Queenie to the hospital?
10. In Chapter 13, what does Trent tell Avery that his grandfather might have been doing for her grandmother?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)