|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what month does Rill decide it must be?
2. In Chapter 18, who faints when Mrs. Murphy is interrogating everyone to see who left sandy footprints in the night?
3. What time does a cab driver say that he always goes to Grandma Judy's house?
(a) Every Wednesday at 3.
(b) Every Thursday at 10:30.
(c) Every Monday at 2.
(d) Every Tuesday at 1.
4. Where is the couple who want to adopt Gabion from in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 14, what is on Mrs. Pulnik's breath?
6. In Chapter 22, what does Fern give Arney to take them to the river?
(a) Gold piece.
(c) Silver dollars.
7. At the end of Chapter 14, who does Rill think she sees under a gaslight by the street?
(a) Briny and Queenie.
(b) Mr. Riggs.
(c) Miss Tann.
(d) Zede and SIlas.
8. Where does Trent say that his grandfather had his law office?
9. In Chapter 22, who does Rill, Arney, and Fern see when they wake on the boat in the morning?
(a) 3 colored boys.
(b) 2 men.
(c) A family.
(d) 3 white boys.
10. In Chapter 17, when does Avery remembering coming to Edisto alone with her father for a science project?
(a) 5th grade.
(b) 8th grade.
(c) 7th grade.
(d) 6th grade.
11. At the end of Chapter 22, how long has it been since Queenie died?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
12. In Chapter 14, how long have Rill and her siblings been at Miss Tann's?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. Where is Elliott flying in Chapter 21?
14. What time does the viewing party slow down in Chapter 14?
(a) Toward dark.
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) After dark.
15. In Chapter 23, how old is Big Bart's grandson?
(a) 3 1/2.
(b) 2 1/2.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog that Trent and Avery see at the little house by the river in Chapter 23?
2. Where do Elliott and Avery walk in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 16, what profession are the people who adopt Lark?
4. What photo appeared in an expose about corporate-owned nursing care?
5. What does Trent say that his grandfather's adoptive father did for a living?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)