|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, where does Avery's Uncle Clifford remember going when he was older?
(a) Kiawah Island.
(b) Folly Beach.
(c) Pawleys Island.
(d) Hunting Island.
2. In Chapter 2, how old does May remember she was when she was on the deck of a shantyboat?
3. In Chapter 9, what type of tree does Avery remember playing under at her grandmother's house?
4. In Chapter 10, how many boys are playing cards in the bushes?
(a) 4 or 5.
(b) 3 or 4.
5. Where does Trent Turner, Jr., live?
(d) South Carolina.
6. Toward the end of Chapter 7, what does Grandma Judy call Avery?
7. What was the name of Grandma Judy's husband?
8. In Chapter 8, what grade did Rill remember that Lark would be in in the fall?
9. In Chapter 1 when Avery and Wells go to a nursing home for a woman's birthday celebration, how old is the woman?
10. How old does Avery remember that she was when she attended a baby shower at Magnolia Manor?
(a) 9 or 10.
(b) 8 or 9.
11. In Chapter 4, what was Queenie wearing when Briny got her ready to go to the hospital?
(a) Blue and green striped dress.
(b) Blue flowered dress.
(c) Pink and yellow striped dress.
(d) Pink flowered dress.
12. In Chapter 13, what family member does Avery call?
(a) Uncle Clifford.
(d) Her father.
13. In Chapter 6, which of the children nearly escapes?
14. In Chapter 1, what branch of the military does Avery remember that her father served in?
(b) Air Force.
15. What color does May remember that her mother's eyes were?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elliott work?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, what was the next activity for Rill and the other children?
3. What color was the house that Rill and the other children were taken to in Chapter 8?
4. At the end of Chapter 10, what color is the hair of the boy who tells Rill not to let Riggs get her off by herself?
5. In Chapter 11, how long has Avery spent in doctors' offices holding her mother's hand?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)