|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what type of bird flew into the front-door glass?
(c) Blue Jay.
2. In Chapter 1, who does May think that Avery might be?
3. In Chapter 6 when Lark slips off and falls asleep in a clearing by a creek, how long does it take her family to find her?
(a) 9 hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 1/2 days.
(d) 11 hours.
4. Where did Avery's parents meet?
(b) Magnolia Manor.
(d) North Carolina house of representatives.
5. In Chapter 8, what color were Miss Tann's eyes?
6. What was the name of Grandma Judy's husband?
7. In Chapter 6, what injuries does Silas have?
(a) Broken nose and a shiner.
(b) Busted lip and a shiner.
(c) Broken ankle.
(d) Broken finger.
8. In Chapter 9, what type of tree does Avery remember playing under at her grandmother's house?
9. How old is Wells Stafford in Chapter 1?
10. In Chapter 11, how long has Avery spent in doctors' offices holding her mother's hand?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 3 days.
11. At the end of Chapter 8, what was the next activity for Rill and the other children?
12. In Chapter 10, how many boys are playing cards in the bushes?
(c) 3 or 4.
(d) 4 or 5.
13. What color are Camellia's eyes?
14. In Chapter 12, what is the name of the boy who wants Rill to be his girlfriend?
15. Where is Elliott in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rill smell in Chapter 10, when a man comes into the room where she and her siblings are sleeping?
2. In Chapter 10, which of the children move to Rill's cot in the night?
3. What television show is playing when Avery enters the Memory Care Unit at Magnolia Manor in Chapter 7?
4. In the Prelude, what is the name of the woman who has a still birth?
5. Where does Trent Turner, Jr., live?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)