|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how long has Avery spent in doctors' offices holding her mother's hand?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 6 days.
2. Where is the couple who want to adopt Gabion from in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Camellia have bumps and bruises in Chapter 14 when Rill returns from the viewing party?
(a) Lip and chin.
(b) Nose and forehead.
(c) Arm and hand.
(d) Cheek and eye.
4. Where did Avery's parents meet?
(b) Magnolia Manor.
(c) North Carolina house of representatives.
5. In Chapter 2, when May remembers sitting on a shantyboat as a young girl, what child was her mother in labor with?
(a) 4 and 5.
(c) 6 and 7.
Short Answer Questions
1. What photo appeared in an expose about corporate-owned nursing care?
2. In Chapter 8, what grade did Rill remember that Lark would be in in the fall?
3. What last name are Rill and the other children given in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 6, what injuries does Silas have?
5. In Chapter 1 when Avery and Wells go to a nursing home for a woman's birthday celebration, how old is the woman?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)