Prelude - Chapter 5
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Wingate, Lisa, Before We Were Yours, Ballantine Books, 2017, Hardback.
• The Prelude takes place in Baltimore, Maryland, on a hot August evening in 1939.
• A woman named Christine was giving birth.
• The woman gave birth to a baby girl, but she was stillborn.
• The doctor told Christine’s father that the baby had died, and that Christine must never become pregnant again.
• Christine’s father was upset because Christine was his only child, and there would be no one to carry on his family name.
• The physician told the father that there might be a woman in Memphis who could help.
• In Chapter 1 it is present day in Aiken, South Carolina.
• Avery Stafford is riding with her father in a limo to a birthday party at a local nursing home for a woman who...
This section contains 5,744 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)