|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Anita think more?
(b) Asking her teachers questions.
(d) Listening to the adults.
2. What is Anita inclined to say about Oscar's comments about the country?
(a) That they are free.
(b) That everyone cannot be rich.
(c) That she feels she is getting a good education.
(d) That its history is shrouded in lies.
3. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
4. What is one thing that makes Anita realize Oscar is right about their country?
(a) The way the teachers never veer from planned lessons.
(b) The way the Secret Police stand on every street corner.
(c) The way she has to erase her diary.
(d) The way her father and mother speak in low tones all the time.
5. What does Anita ask Chucha about her cousins?
(a) If they are safe.
(b) If she will ever see them again.
(c) Where they are.
(d) Why they are gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita's mother want her to do with her diary?
2. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
3. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
4. What is significant about Anita's family?
5. What worries Anita?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
2. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
3. What arrives for Lucinda the day after the party, and how does Lucinda feel?
4. What do Anita and Chucha see at Toni's house and what does Chucha tell Anita?
5. How does Antia compare American elections to those of her country?
6. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
7. What happens when Mr. Washburn is driving in traffic?
8. Where do soldiers find El Jefe's body and who do they arrest and what do they say about Papi and Tio Toni?
9. What does Anita overhear her father and other men talking about concerning Trujillo, and what does Anita's mother say to the men?
10. Why do parents not like their daughters to go out in public places?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)