|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anita's father take to work the day after Carla leaves?
(a) Anita's brother.
(d) No one.
2. What does Anita hear her father talk about on the phone that she finds confusing?
(a) Boarding schools.
3. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
(a) They brush aside her questions.
(b) They say that he has always won re-election because he is so popular.
(c) They explain that he is a dictator.
(d) They tell her she must not ask such questions.
4. How does Anita's mother talk to Anita for the first time?
(a) As a disappointed mother.
(b) As a frightened woman.
(c) As a dissatisfied wife.
(d) As an adult.
5. What is Anita doing when her mother comes in to talk with her?
(b) Writing in her diary.
(c) Her homework.
(d) Washing the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita's papi explain to Anita?
2. What happens when word is taken to Tony's house that Mr. Smith's friends are there?
3. Who have gathered at Tio Tony's house on the night of the party?
4. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
5. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sam and Anita see at Tio Tony's home and what do they decide to do about it?
2. Where is Anita at the opening of the story, and what is she doing?
3. The morning after Chucha moves in, who arrives at the compound after Anita's father leaves?
4. How does Antia compare American elections to those of her country?
5. What does Anita's mother say when the children are allowed to go back to school?
6. Who comes into the classroom and what does the teacher do?
7. What does Anita realize when she writes in her diary?
8. Why do parents not like their daughters to go out in public places?
9. Upon what occasion do the people living in the compound decide to have a party?
10. What do the secret police do and say at the compound, and what worries Anita?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)