|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tio Tony?
(a) He is in prison in Santo Domingo
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is in the Bronx.
(d) He is hiding in the mountains outside of Santo Domingo.
2. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
3. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
(a) That they haven't seen anyone.
(b) That they can leave when they want to.
(c) That good will soon happen.
(d) That they live in the United States.
4. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
(a) To see if Tio Enrique will return.
(b) To wait for Anita's older brother to get out of the military.
(c) To wait for Anita's older borther to be released from prison.
(d) To mind the store.
5. Besides Oscar, who helps Anita see their leader in a different light?
(b) Her Tio Jose.
(d) Her Papi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like?
2. What is one thing Anita's mother asks Anita to do?
3. Where is Anita when some black Volkswagons appear?
4. Where are the children allowed off the compound?
5. What is the class preparing to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papi say when he returns from work?
2. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
3. Why do parents not like their daughters to go out in public places?
4. What do Sam and Anita see at Tio Tony's home and what do they decide to do about it?
5. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
6. What does Papi and the Washburns decide to do about Lucinda?
7. What does Anita discover when she goes into Lucinda's room, and what is Anita's reaction?
8. Why does Anita's mother send Anita to Tio Toni's home on her way to the party?
9. What does Anita learn about Chucha?
10. What message from Chucha does Tia Mari give Anita ?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)