|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita hear her father talk about on the phone that she finds confusing?
(d) Boarding schools.
2. What do Anita and Chucha look at together?
(a) The house.
(b) The henhouse.
(c) The well.
(d) The barn.
3. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
(a) To see if Tio Enrique will return.
(b) To mind the store.
(c) To wait for Anita's older borther to be released from prison.
(d) To wait for Anita's older brother to get out of the military.
4. Who have gathered at Tio Tony's house on the night of the party?
(a) Some of the party guests.
(b) A group of men.
(c) Just two of Tony's closests friends.
(d) Most of Anita's relatives.
5. What happens when word is taken to Tony's house that Mr. Smith's friends are there?
(a) Tony runs and hides in the Americans' home.
(b) Everyone disperses.
(c) Tony goes down a trap door in the cellar.
(d) Nothing because Tony has already been smuggled into the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Anita been out of school?
2. What worries Anita?
3. How does Anita's mother talk to Anita for the first time?
4. Who comes over to spend time with Sammy?
5. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papi explain to Anita about Carla when Anita gets home?
2. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
3. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
4. What do the secret police do and say at the compound, and what worries Anita?
5. What are Carla and her siblings told to do when they get home, and what does Carla do?
6. What does Chucha reply when Anita asks about seeing her cousins again, and how does Anita feel about the answer?
7. How does Anita's mother talk to her for the first time?
8. What do Anita and Chucha see at Toni's house and what does Chucha tell Anita?
9. Who is moving in next door, and why is Anita particularly happy about it?
10. What does Papi say when he returns from work?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)