|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mami tell Anita and Lucinda to do?
(a) To keep quiet.
(b) Stay together.
(c) Flee out the back door.
(d) Get Chucha and go to the store.
2. What is the weather like?
(d) There is a hurricane.
3. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
(a) That good will soon happen.
(b) That they haven't seen anyone.
(c) That they live in the United States.
(d) That they can leave when they want to.
4. Where are Anita's grandparents?
(a) San Cristobal
(b) La Romana
(d) New York.
5. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
(a) Help Carla practice her lines.
(b) Help Carla pack her belongings.
(c) Help the new boy find the correct classroom.
(d) Continue her presentation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
2. Why does Anita spend more time in the bathroom these days?
3. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
4. Why is Anita upset with Sammy when she isn't invited?
5. What are Carla and her siblings allowed to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
2. Why does Anita's mother send Anita to Tio Toni's home on her way to the party?
3. How does Antia compare American elections to those of her country?
4. What does Papi say when he returns from work?
5. Upon what occasion do the people living in the compound decide to have a party?
6. Why do parents not like their daughters to go out in public places?
7. What does Papi explain to Anita about Carla when Anita gets home?
8. What does Anita realize about Sam as she writes in her diary?
9. What happens when the teacher wants the children to play secret Santa for Christmas?
10. Describe Chucha and why she is mentioned.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)