|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
(a) She tells them nothing, as she does not want to give them false hope.
(b) Carla can come back to visit.
(c) They will be back together soon.
(d) Life will be better.
2. Why does Anita spend more time in the bathroom these days?
(a) To hide her crying.
(b) To make herself attractive.
(c) To have a private place to write in her journal.
(d) To write private letters to Carla.
3. Why does Anita write with a pencil at times?
(a) Carla's family moves constantly, so she writes their address in pencil.
(b) She is not good at math and frequently has to erase her work.
(c) Some times it is the only writing instrument in the house.
(d) So she can quickly erase.
4. What do Anita and Chucha look at together?
(a) The house.
(b) The barn.
(c) The well.
(d) The henhouse.
5. Where are Anita's grandparents?
(a) New York.
(b) La Romana
(c) San Cristobal
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name used for the person who likes young girls as sexual objects?
2. Who have gathered at Tio Tony's house on the night of the party?
3. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
4. What does Anita realize when she looks inside?
5. Why is school not opening on time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do soldiers find El Jefe's body and who do they arrest and what do they say about Papi and Tio Toni?
2. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
3. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
4. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
5. What does Anita overhear her father and other men talking about concerning Trujillo, and what does Anita's mother say to the men?
6. What happens when the teacher wants the children to play secret Santa for Christmas?
7. Where is Anita at the opening of the story, and what is she doing?
8. Who comes into the classroom and what does the teacher do?
9. What do Anita and Chucha see at Toni's house and what does Chucha tell Anita?
10. What does Papi say he wants for his children?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)