|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting of the school?
(c) Dominican Republic.
2. Where are the children allowed off the compound?
(a) School and church.
(b) Anywhere as long as they walk in pairs.
(d) No where.
3. How do the children respond to their life?
(a) They rebel and sometimes sneak out.
(b) They cry.
(c) They are bored.
(d) They accept the neccessity of it.
4. What does Chucha often see in her dreams?
(a) She never dreams.
(b) The future.
(c) Monsters shaped like people.
(d) The past altered to bizarre visions.
5. What is one thing Anita's mother asks Anita to do?
(a) Not mention anything political to Sammy anymore.
(b) Pack a small suitcase to be ready at a moment's notice.
(c) Keep quiet about Anita's uncle.
(d) Not hang around with Oscar anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Anita talk after going to her uncle's house?
2. Why does Anita spend more time in the bathroom these days?
3. What is one thing Anita learns about their country's leader?
4. What does Oscar talk about concerning the country?
5. What was Tio Tony involved in that makes him a wanted man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
2. Why does Anita's mother send Anita to Tio Toni's home on her way to the party?
3. What does Chucha reply when Anita asks about seeing her cousins again, and how does Anita feel about the answer?
4. Why does Anita use a pencil in her journal?
5. How does Anita begin to see their leader in a different light?
6. What does Anita's mother say when the children are allowed to go back to school?
7. Who comes into the classroom and what does the teacher do?
8. What does Anita realize when she writes in her diary?
9. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
10. What happens when the teacher wants the children to play secret Santa for Christmas?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)