|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita spend more time in the bathroom these days?
(a) To make herself attractive.
(b) To have a private place to write in her journal.
(c) To write private letters to Carla.
(d) To hide her crying.
2. For how long has Anita's country had the same leader?
(a) 44 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 31 years.
(d) 21 years.
3. How do the children respond to their life?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They cry.
(c) They rebel and sometimes sneak out.
(d) They accept the neccessity of it.
4. Who have gathered at Tio Tony's house on the night of the party?
(a) Just two of Tony's closests friends.
(b) Some of the party guests.
(c) A group of men.
(d) Most of Anita's relatives.
5. What does Anita's papi explain to Anita?
(a) That Carla's family has to go into hiding.
(b) That she must go with Carla to the United Sates.
(c) That Carla's family has received permission to leave the country.
(d) That Anita's mother and Anita must go to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita realize when she looks inside?
2. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
3. Where is Tio Tony?
4. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
5. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
2. Why do parents not like their daughters to go out in public places?
3. How does Anita begin to see their leader in a different light?
4. When is school supposed to re-open and what happens at that time?
5. Describe Chucha and why she is mentioned.
6. How does Antia compare American elections to those of her country?
7. What do Anita and Chucha see at Toni's house and what does Chucha tell Anita?
8. What does Anita realize when she writes in her diary?
9. Where is Anita at the opening of the story, and what is she doing?
10. How does Anita's mother talk to her for the first time?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)