|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the class preparing to do?
(a) Put on a Thanksgiving play.
(b) Put on a passion play.
(c) Go trick-or-treating.
(d) Fly an American flag.
2. Why does Anita write with a pencil at times?
(a) So she can quickly erase.
(b) Carla's family moves constantly, so she writes their address in pencil.
(c) Some times it is the only writing instrument in the house.
(d) She is not good at math and frequently has to erase her work.
3. What does Oscar talk about concerning the country?
(a) Its noble history.
(b) Freeing it.
(c) The lack of a good educational system.
(d) The class structure that keeps people poor.
4. What are Carla and her siblings sent to do?
(a) Get their paperwork.
(b) Change their clothes.
(c) Get shots.
(d) Have a medical exam.
5. What aspects of her country and of the United States does Anita compare?.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anita's mother say she and Anita's father are staying in the Dominican Republic?
2. What makes Anita think more?
3. What is decided about Susie's birthday?
4. How many men in dark glasses are in the Volkswagons?
5. Who is Chucha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chucha reply when Anita asks about seeing her cousins again, and how does Anita feel about the answer?
2. What does Anita realize when she writes in her diary?
3. What do Sammy, Anita and Oscar discuss?
4. How do Anita and Carla react to Carla's leaving, and how does Mami comfort them?
5. How does Anita's mother talk to her for the first time?
6. Where is Anita at the opening of the story, and what is she doing?
7. What do Anita and Chucha see at Toni's house and what does Chucha tell Anita?
8. What are Carla and her siblings told to do when they get home, and what does Carla do?
9. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
10. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)