|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
(a) That they can leave when they want to.
(b) That they haven't seen anyone.
(c) That they live in the United States.
(d) That good will soon happen.
2. What color is associated with Chucha?
3. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
(a) To search the property.
(b) To arrest Anita's mother.
(c) To stay for a few days.
(d) To buy stuff in the store.
4. For how long has Anita's country had the same leader?
(a) 44 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 31 years.
(d) 12 years.
5. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) The classroom is very noisy.
(b) So the students can go on with their classwork.
(c) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
(d) To talk in privacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was school supposed to start back up again?
2. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
3. Why is school not opening on time?
4. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
5. What does Anita learn about their new housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
2. What do Sammy, Anita and Oscar discuss?
3. How does Mami feel about the Washburns living next door and what does she do because of that?
4. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
5. How does Anita begin to see their leader in a different light?
6. What does Chucha reply when Anita asks about seeing her cousins again, and how does Anita feel about the answer?
7. What are Carla and her siblings told to do when they get home, and what does Carla do?
8. Describe Chucha and why she is mentioned.
9. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
10. What does Anita's mother say when the children are allowed to go back to school?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)