|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other person who comes into the classroom?
(a) The new boy's mother.
(b) Carla's mother.
(c) Anita's mother.
(d) The new boy's father.
2. What is one thing that makes Anita realize Oscar is right about their country?
(a) The way the Secret Police stand on every street corner.
(b) The way her father and mother speak in low tones all the time.
(c) The way she has to erase her diary.
(d) The way the teachers never veer from planned lessons.
3. What makes Anita think more?
(b) Asking her teachers questions.
(d) Listening to the adults.
4. Besides Oscar, who helps Anita see their leader in a different light?
(c) Her Tio Jose.
(d) Her Papi.
5. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
(a) That good will soon happen.
(b) That they can leave when they want to.
(c) That they live in the United States.
(d) That they haven't seen anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
2. Why does Anita spend more time in the bathroom these days?
3. Who is Carla?
4. What is Anita's response to the answer Chucha gives her about her cousins?
5. Why is school not opening on time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mami feel about the Washburns living next door and what does she do because of that?
2. Who comes into the classroom and what does the teacher do?
3. Why do parents not like their daughters to go out in public places?
4. What does Anita realize when she writes in her diary?
5. How does Anita begin to see their leader in a different light?
6. Who is moving in next door, and why is Anita particularly happy about it?
7. What do Sam and Anita see at Tio Tony's home and what do they decide to do about it?
8. What does Anita's mother say when the children are allowed to go back to school?
9. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
10. How does Antia compare American elections to those of her country?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)