|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(b) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(c) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
(d) That they are not being watched.
2. What is one thing Anita learns about their country's leader?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He has no conscience.
(c) He is hypocritical.
(d) He is arrogant.
3. What are Carla and her siblings allowed to take?
(a) Three sets of clothing.
(b) A small valise each.
(c) Only what they are wearing.
(d) One item.
4. What does Anita receive for Christmas that helps her process her life?
(a) A book about the history of the Dominican Republic.
(b) A letter from her grandmother.
(c) A diary.
(d) A card from Carla.
5. For how long has Anita's country had the same leader?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 31 years.
(c) 44 years.
(d) 21 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is associated with Chucha?
2. What is one topic Anita and her mother discuss?
3. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
4. Where does Lucinda take Anita to talk to her?
5. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
2. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
3. Upon what occasion do the people living in the compound decide to have a party?
4. Why does Anita's mother send Anita to Tio Toni's home on her way to the party?
5. The morning after Chucha moves in, who arrives at the compound after Anita's father leaves?
6. How does Anita's mother talk to her for the first time?
7. What do the secret police do and say at the compound, and what worries Anita?
8. What does Anita realize when she writes in her diary?
9. When is school supposed to re-open and what happens at that time?
10. What are Carla and her siblings told to do when they get home, and what does Carla do?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)