|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Volkswagons does Anita see coming up the driveway?
2. What does Anita hear her father talk about on the phone that she finds confusing?
(b) Boarding schools.
3. Why does Anita write with a pencil at times?
(a) She is not good at math and frequently has to erase her work.
(b) Carla's family moves constantly, so she writes their address in pencil.
(c) So she can quickly erase.
(d) Some times it is the only writing instrument in the house.
4. What does Mami tell Anita and Lucinda to do?
(a) Get Chucha and go to the store.
(b) To keep quiet.
(c) Stay together.
(d) Flee out the back door.
5. Where is Tio Tony?
(a) He is hiding in the mountains outside of Santo Domingo.
(b) He is in prison in Santo Domingo
(c) He is in the Bronx.
(d) He is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when word is taken to Tony's house that Mr. Smith's friends are there?
2. Where is the setting of the school?
3. What is the weather like?
4. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
5. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is school supposed to re-open and what happens at that time?
2. What does Anita's mother say when the children are allowed to go back to school?
3. What do Anita and Chucha see at Toni's house and what does Chucha tell Anita?
4. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
5. What does Anita realize when she writes in her diary?
6. What does Chucha reply when Anita asks about seeing her cousins again, and how does Anita feel about the answer?
7. What does Mami say about why the family is staying in the country?
8. How does Anita begin to see their leader in a different light?
9. How do Anita and Carla react to Carla's leaving, and how does Mami comfort them?
10. What do Sam and Anita see at Tio Tony's home and what do they decide to do about it?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)