|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
(a) To see if he has secretly returned.
(b) To see if he left any clues about where he is..
(c) To feed his cat.
(d) To check out something she wonders about.
2. How do the men search under the beds?
(a) Very carefully, pulling everythng out.
(b) By firing shots that lodge in the opposite wall.
(c) With Infrared lights.
(d) With their bayonets.
3. How old is Susie about to turn?
4. What does Chucha often see in her dreams?
(a) The future.
(b) She never dreams.
(c) The past altered to bizarre visions.
(d) Monsters shaped like people.
5. What are Carla and her siblings allowed to take?
(a) One item.
(b) Three sets of clothing.
(c) Only what they are wearing.
(d) A small valise each.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many people come to the compound?
2. What does Mami have Anita do after seeing the black Volkswagons?
3. How does Anita feel when Sammy has someone visit him?
4. Who understands Anita's feelings about Sammy and his friend?
5. Who does Anita's father take to work the day after Carla leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Antia compare American elections to those of her country?
2. What does Chucha reply when Anita asks about seeing her cousins again, and how does Anita feel about the answer?
3. What happens when the teacher wants the children to play secret Santa for Christmas?
4. How does Anita feel when Oscar comes over to play with Sammy?
5. What does Papi say when he returns from work?
6. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
7. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
8. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
9. What do Sammy, Anita and Oscar discuss?
10. Who comes into the classroom and what does the teacher do?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)