|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Anita use a pencil?
(a) To write down Carla's address.
(b) When she writes in her journal.
(c) To draw pictures of things in her life.
(d) For her math homework.
2. How many men in dark glasses are in the Volkswagons?
3. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
(a) They are the secret police.
(b) They are officious.
(c) They are hungry.
(d) They are ruthless.
4. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
(a) That she often cries herself to sleep.
(b) That she has a pet chicken.
(c) What she writes in her journal.
(d) Her fondness for Sam.
5. When was school supposed to start back up again?
(a) January 15.
(b) February 1.
(c) January 9.
(d) January 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
2. What is one topic Anita and her mother discuss?
3. Where is Tio Tony?
4. Where does Chucha sleep?
5. What makes Anita think more?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sammy, Anita and Oscar discuss?
2. What do the secret police do and say at the compound, and what worries Anita?
3. Who comes into the classroom and what does the teacher do?
4. Why is Anita spending more time in the bathroom?
5. What does Papi say when he returns from work?
6. Who is moving in next door, and why is Anita particularly happy about it?
7. What are Carla and her siblings told to do when they get home, and what does Carla do?
8. What does Anita realize about Sam as she writes in her diary?
9. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
10. How does Anita's mother talk to her for the first time?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)