|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the children allowed off the compound?
(a) School and church.
(b) No where.
(c) Anywhere as long as they walk in pairs.
2. What does Anita help Carla do?
(a) Sew her name into her clothing.
(b) Sew a button on one of Carla's dresses.
(c) Wash her dresses.
(d) Choose a jewelry box.
3. What does Chucha often see in her dreams?
(a) The future.
(b) Monsters shaped like people.
(c) The past altered to bizarre visions.
(d) She never dreams.
4. What are the men in dark glasses using as an excuse to search the compound?
(a) That someone reported smoke coming from the compound.
(b) That someone reported gun shots coming from the compound.
(c) The fact that someone has made out-of-country phone calls from their home.
(d) The disappearance of Carla's family.
5. What does Anita hear her father talk about on the phone that she finds confusing?
(b) Boarding schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who have gathered at Tio Tony's house on the night of the party?
2. Who understands Anita's feelings about Sammy and his friend?
3. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
4. What does Anita realize when she looks inside?
5. Why does Anita's mother say she and Anita's father are staying in the Dominican Republic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chucha reply when Anita asks about seeing her cousins again, and how does Anita feel about the answer?
2. What do Anita and Chucha see at Toni's house and what does Chucha tell Anita?
3. What does Mami say about why the family is staying in the country?
4. How does Anita's mother talk to her for the first time?
5. When is school supposed to re-open and what happens at that time?
6. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
7. Who comes into the classroom and what does the teacher do?
8. What does Papi explain to Anita about Carla when Anita gets home?
9. What does Anita realize about Sam as she writes in her diary?
10. The morning after Chucha moves in, who arrives at the compound after Anita's father leaves?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)