Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men in dark glasses are in the Volkswagons?
2. What does Anita learn about their new housekeeper?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is from the city.
(c) She is only 17 years old.
(d) She is a spy.
3. What is Anita inclined to say about Oscar's comments about the country?
(a) That everyone cannot be rich.
(b) That its history is shrouded in lies.
(c) That they are free.
(d) That she feels she is getting a good education.
4. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
(a) Help Carla practice her lines.
(b) Help Carla pack her belongings.
(c) Continue her presentation.
(d) Help the new boy find the correct classroom.
5. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
(b) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
(c) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(d) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anita's family sleep?
2. What does Anita's mother want her to do with her diary?
3. Why does Anita's mother say she and Anita's father are staying in the Dominican Republic?
4. What does Oscar talk about concerning the country?
5. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita realize when she writes in her diary?
2. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
3. Why does Anita use a pencil in her journal?
4. How does Anita begin to see their leader in a different light?
5. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
6. How does Mrs. Mancini's distrust of people turn out to be fortuitous?
7. What does Papi and the Washburns decide to do about Lucinda?
8. What does Papi explain to Anita about Carla when Anita gets home?
9. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
10. What does Mami say about why the family is staying in the country?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)