|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda say the men know about their cousins?
(a) Where the cousins are.
(b) That the cousins have been arrested.
(d) That they are out of this country, but not yet at their destination.
2. What worries Anita?
(a) That her cousins will not have gotten out of the country yet.
(b) That the men will hurt her mother.
(c) That they are going to go to prison.
(d) That their father will be killed.
3. What color is associated with Chucha?
4. How do the men search under the beds?
(a) By firing shots that lodge in the opposite wall.
(b) With their bayonets.
(c) Very carefully, pulling everythng out.
(d) With Infrared lights.
5. What does Anita learn about their new housekeeper?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is from the city.
(c) She is only 17 years old.
(d) She is a spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita realize about Sam?
2. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
3. What does Anita's papi explain to Anita?
4. Why do many people come to the compound?
5. Where is Tio Tony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sammy, Anita and Oscar discuss?
2. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
3. Upon what occasion do the people living in the compound decide to have a party?
4. What do Sam and Anita see at Tio Tony's home and what do they decide to do about it?
5. How do Anita and Carla react to Carla's leaving, and how does Mami comfort them?
6. Describe Chucha and why she is mentioned.
7. Who are arrested in town and why?
8. What does Mami ask Anita not to do?
9. What do Anita and Chucha see at Toni's house and what does Chucha tell Anita?
10. What does Anita know about why Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)