|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Anita's country had the same leader?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 31 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 44 years.
2. What does Anita help Carla do?
(a) Choose a jewelry box.
(b) Sew her name into her clothing.
(c) Wash her dresses.
(d) Sew a button on one of Carla's dresses.
3. Where are Anita's grandparents?
(b) La Romana
(c) New York.
(d) San Cristobal
4. What is the weather like?
(d) There is a hurricane.
5. Who is Chucha?
(a) Anita's dog.
(b) Anita's older sister.
(c) An old woman who was the family's nursemaid.
(d) Carla's great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
2. What topics do Sammy, Anita and Sammy's visitor discuss?
3. What does Mami have Anita do after seeing the black Volkswagons?
4. What does Anita learn about their new housekeeper?
5. Who comes over to spend time with Sammy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Anita's diary entries for June 3, and June 5, 1961, say?
2. Who are arrested in town and why?
3. Upon what occasion do the people living in the compound decide to have a party?
4. Why can't Anita stay with Lucinda until Lucinda leaves?
5. Why does Anita use a pencil in her journal?
6. Who is moving in next door, and why is Anita particularly happy about it?
7. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
8. Describe Chucha and why she is mentioned.
9. What does Anita learn about Chucha?
10. How do Anita and Mami communicate with Mundo?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)