|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
(a) There is one American student who it.
(b) They do not celebrate American holidays.
(c) It's a school for Americans.
(d) The students closely identify with the United States.
2. Where does Anita's family sleep?
(a) Together in one room.
(b) Out on a sleeping porch as it is very hot.
(c) In two bedrooms.
(d) In a guest cabin on the property.
3. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(b) Almost Thanksgiving.
4. How do the children respond to their life?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They cry.
(c) They rebel and sometimes sneak out.
(d) They accept the neccessity of it.
5. Where does Chucha sleep?
(a) On a pallet on the floor.
(b) Wherever there is space.
(c) On a narrow cot.
(d) In her coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Anita's mother asks Anita to do?
2. How does Anita feel when Sammy has someone visit him?
3. What is significant about Anita's family?
4. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
5. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sammy, Anita and Oscar discuss?
2. The morning after Chucha moves in, who arrives at the compound after Anita's father leaves?
3. What does Papi say when he returns from work?
4. Why does Anita use a pencil in her journal?
5. Why do parents not like their daughters to go out in public places?
6. What does the teacher tell Carla and Anita after she goes outside to talk to Carla's mother?
7. How does Anita begin to see their leader in a different light?
8. What are Carla and her siblings told to do when they get home, and what does Carla do?
9. Who comes into the classroom and what does the teacher do?
10. What does Mami say about why the family is staying in the country?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)