|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita spend more time in the bathroom these days?
(a) To make herself attractive.
(b) To hide her crying.
(c) To write private letters to Carla.
(d) To have a private place to write in her journal.
2. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
(a) Oscar's family has moved back to Italy.
(b) Her Papi is perhaps to be released soon.
(c) No mail is getting through to her country.
(d) Oscar has moved out of the country, but no one knows where.
3. Why are the adults remonstrating themselves?
(a) BecauseTio Tony is not the only man wanted now.
(b) Because had given in to the idea of a celebration.
(c) Because they had declined to go to the United States when it was possible.
(d) Because they had become so careless.
4. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Throwing up..
5. What does Anita's papi explain to Anita?
(a) That Carla's family has received permission to leave the country.
(b) That Carla's family has to go into hiding.
(c) That Anita's mother and Anita must go to the United States.
(d) That she must go with Carla to the United Sates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
2. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
3. Who comes to see Anita and Mami?
4. What do the grandparents call Thanksgiving?
5. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)