|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita's father tell her he wants for his children?
(a) For them to live without fear.
(b) For them to become citizens of the United States.
(c) For them to feel hopeful about their future.
(d) For them to live free.
2. Why do many people come to the compound?
(a) To bring their stories to Anita's father who is to run for public office.
(b) For protection.
(c) To seek advice.
(d) To spruce up the place for the party.
3. How do the men search under the beds?
(a) With their bayonets.
(b) By firing shots that lodge in the opposite wall.
(c) Very carefully, pulling everythng out.
(d) With Infrared lights.
4. What is Anita inclined to say about Oscar's comments about the country?
(a) That its history is shrouded in lies.
(b) That everyone cannot be rich.
(c) That they are free.
(d) That she feels she is getting a good education.
5. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
(a) He is in the fields supervising.
(b) He is packing to go back to the States.
(c) He is in bed with a hangover.
(d) He is with his father in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the teacher tell the students at school?
2. What does Anita's papi explain to Anita?
3. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
4. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
5. What does Anita realize when she looks inside?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)