|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to see Anita and Mami?
2. What obstacles does she have to get past when she writes Oscar?
(a) She has to be careful because she is a young girl and it would be unseemly to be too forward.
(b) The letter has to get past censors.
(c) She does not want to encourage him romantically.
(d) She does not want to make him envious of her being out of the country.
3. What is one thing that makes Anita realize Oscar is right about their country?
(a) The way she has to erase her diary.
(b) The way the Secret Police stand on every street corner.
(c) The way the teachers never veer from planned lessons.
(d) The way her father and mother speak in low tones all the time.
4. Who understands Anita's feelings about Sammy and his friend?
(a) Anita's Papi.
(b) Anita's Mami.
5. What do Lucinda and Anita do that night?
(a) Talk about the future.
(b) Cry and share memories.
(c) Eat pastries and listen to music.
(d) Reassure each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
2. What are Carla and her siblings allowed to take?
3. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
4. Why is school not opening on time?
5. How does Anita feel every time she starts to write Oscar?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)