|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
(a) They think something is wrong with Anita's mother.
(b) It is almost time for recess, but they can't leave until the teacher dismisses them.
(c) It is interrupting their practice time.
(d) The last time it happened, one student left and never came back.
2. What is one thing that makes Anita realize Oscar is right about their country?
(a) The way the Secret Police stand on every street corner.
(b) The way the teachers never veer from planned lessons.
(c) The way her father and mother speak in low tones all the time.
(d) The way she has to erase her diary.
3. What does Anita hear her father talk about on the phone that she finds confusing?
(a) Boarding schools.
4. Where does Anita's family sleep?
(a) Together in one room.
(b) In a guest cabin on the property.
(c) In two bedrooms.
(d) Out on a sleeping porch as it is very hot.
5. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
(a) Help Carla practice her lines.
(b) Help Carla pack her belongings.
(c) Continue her presentation.
(d) Help the new boy find the correct classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Oscar, who helps Anita see their leader in a different light?
2. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
3. What is one thing Anita learns about their country's leader?
4. What is significant about Anita's family?
5. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)