|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anita's response to the answer Chucha gives her about her cousins?
(a) Anita thinks Chucha is teasing.
(b) Anita thinks the Chucha is being melodramatic.
(c) Anita does not understand the answer.
(d) Anita thinks Chucha is getting senile.
2. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) So the students can go on with their classwork.
(b) To talk in privacy.
(c) The classroom is very noisy.
(d) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
3. When was school supposed to start back up again?
(a) January 9.
(b) February 1.
(c) January 15.
(d) January 3.
4. What worries Anita?
(a) That their father will be killed.
(b) That the men will hurt her mother.
(c) That they are going to go to prison.
(d) That her cousins will not have gotten out of the country yet.
5. What is one thing Anita learns about their country's leader?
(a) He is hypocritical.
(b) He is arrogant.
(c) He has no conscience.
(d) He is cruel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mami have Anita do after seeing the black Volkswagons?
2. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
3. Where is Anita when some black Volkswagons appear?
4. What does Anita receive for Christmas that helps her process her life?
5. What aspects of her country and of the United States does Anita compare?.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)