|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who understands Anita's feelings about Sammy and his friend?
(a) Anita's Mami.
(d) Anita's Papi.
2. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
(a) They don't let their daughters out in public because of him.
(b) They help Mr. Smith cover up evidence.
(c) They help Mr. Smith smuggle rebels.
(d) They avoid Mr. Smith.
3. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
(a) That there are only girls in the school.
(b) That the summer break is going to be much shorter this year.
(c) That religious symbols are being used in school.
(d) The climate, which they are not used to.
4. What do Anita and Chucha look at together?
(a) The house.
(b) The barn.
(c) The well.
(d) The henhouse.
5. What does Anita ask Chucha about her cousins?
(a) Where they are.
(b) If they are safe.
(c) Why they are gone.
(d) If she will ever see them again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
2. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
3. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
4. What happens when word is taken to Tony's house that Mr. Smith's friends are there?
5. What is decided about Susie's birthday?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)