|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
(a) That religious symbols are being used in school.
(b) The climate, which they are not used to.
(c) That there are only girls in the school.
(d) That the summer break is going to be much shorter this year.
2. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
(b) Repeat her last lines.
(c) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
(d) Help another girl with her lines.
3. What does Anita realize when she looks inside?
(a) Her cousin who went away with her uncle.
(b) The chickens are almost as cowed as the humans.
(c) Her uncle is there.
(d) The well is drying.
4. For how long has Anita's country had the same leader?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 44 years.
(d) 21 years.
5. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
(b) That they are not being watched.
(c) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(d) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
2. Why does Anita spend more time in the bathroom these days?
3. Who is Mr. Washburn?
4. Why does Anita's mother say she and Anita's father are staying in the Dominican Republic?
5. Who is Chucha?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)