|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that makes Anita realize Oscar is right about their country?
(a) The way she has to erase her diary.
(b) The way the Secret Police stand on every street corner.
(c) The way her father and mother speak in low tones all the time.
(d) The way the teachers never veer from planned lessons.
2. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
(a) To wait for Anita's older brother to get out of the military.
(b) To see if Tio Enrique will return.
(c) To wait for Anita's older borther to be released from prison.
(d) To mind the store.
3. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
(a) That they live in the United States.
(b) That they haven't seen anyone.
(c) That good will soon happen.
(d) That they can leave when they want to.
4. Where does Lucinda take Anita to talk to her?
(a) To the basement.
(b) Nowhere; it's not safe to talk to someone so young.
(c) To the attic.
5. How old is Susie about to turn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Carla and her siblings sent to do?
2. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
3. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
4. What is one topic Anita and her mother discuss?
5. What does Lucinda say the men know about their cousins?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)