|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
(b) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(c) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
(d) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
2. What is the weather like?
(b) There is a hurricane.
3. Where does Lucinda take Anita to talk to her?
(a) Nowhere; it's not safe to talk to someone so young.
(c) To the attic.
(d) To the basement.
4. What are Carla and her siblings allowed to take?
(a) A small valise each.
(b) Three sets of clothing.
(c) One item.
(d) Only what they are wearing.
5. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
(a) It is an important one in the Dominican Republic.
(b) They won't be able to celebrate it this year.
(c) They always skip celebrating that year's birthday because of superstition.
(d) It is the same day as Lucinda's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Oscar, who helps Anita see their leader in a different light?
2. Why do many people come to the compound?
3. What is one thing Anita's mother asks Anita to do?
4. How many men in dark glasses are in the Volkswagons?
5. What does Oscar talk about concerning the country?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)