|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
(a) To choose items for the valise.
(b) To attend different schools.
(c) To travel so far by train.
(d) To leave each other.
2. What is Anita's response to the answer Chucha gives her about her cousins?
(a) Anita thinks the Chucha is being melodramatic.
(b) Anita thinks Chucha is getting senile.
(c) Anita thinks Chucha is teasing.
(d) Anita does not understand the answer.
3. What does Mami tell Anita and Lucinda to do?
(a) Stay together.
(b) To keep quiet.
(c) Flee out the back door.
(d) Get Chucha and go to the store.
4. Why does Anita's mother say she and Anita's father are staying in the Dominican Republic?
(a) To fight against the things that are wrong.
(b) For Anita's father to run for public office.
(c) To wait for Anita's mother to give birth.
(d) To try to sell the business.
5. Why is school not opening on time?
(a) A fire damaged the cafeteria and auditorium.
(b) Many people are going to the United States to witness JFK's inauguartion.
(c) The government said they were not allowed to open.
(d) A hurricane damged many of the buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anita doing when her mother comes in to talk with her?
2. What happens when word is taken to Tony's house that Mr. Smith's friends are there?
3. What is decided about Susie's birthday?
4. What makes Anita think more?
5. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)