|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chucha often see in her dreams?
(a) The future.
(b) The past altered to bizarre visions.
(c) Monsters shaped like people.
(d) She never dreams.
2. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
(b) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
(c) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(d) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
3. Where is the setting of the school?
(d) Dominican Republic.
4. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) The classroom is very noisy.
(b) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
(c) So the students can go on with their classwork.
(d) To talk in privacy.
5. What are the men in dark glasses using as an excuse to search the compound?
(a) The fact that someone has made out-of-country phone calls from their home.
(b) That someone reported smoke coming from the compound.
(c) That someone reported gun shots coming from the compound.
(d) The disappearance of Carla's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
2. Who is Mr. Washburn?
3. What are Carla and her siblings sent to do?
4. What does Anita realize when she looks inside?
5. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)