|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are so many people arrested?
(a) They are using El Jefe's death to get rid of the opposition.
(b) They do not know who killed El Jefe.
(c) They are trying to send a message.
(d) El Jefe's son wants to punish anyone remotely associated with the assassination.
2. What does Anita realize the next morning?
(a) She has had her first period.
(b) She is no longer enamored of Sam.
(c) She finds Oscar more interesting than Sam.
(d) She is going to be more on her own.
3. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
(a) That she often cries herself to sleep.
(b) What she writes in her journal.
(c) Her fondness for Sam.
(d) That she has a pet chicken.
4. What small chance Anita and Mami comes and goes?
(a) To return home to get more of their possessions..
(b) To get on a ship to England.
(c) To get on a small plane to Florida.
(d) To get on a plane to Italy.
5. Why does Anita write with a pencil at times?
(a) Some times it is the only writing instrument in the house.
(b) She is not good at math and frequently has to erase her work.
(c) So she can quickly erase.
(d) Carla's family moves constantly, so she writes their address in pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the adults think has to be protected?
2. What is the weather like?
3. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
4. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
5. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)