|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita realize when she looks inside?
(a) Her cousin who went away with her uncle.
(b) The chickens are almost as cowed as the humans.
(c) The well is drying.
(d) Her uncle is there.
2. What does Anita know about a pill?
(a) There is a pill that will make people talk even if they do not want to.
(b) There is a pill that will make people very sick and lose their motivation to rebel.
(c) There is a pill that can be taken to kill you instantly if the police catch you.
(d) There is pill to prevent pregnancy.
3. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
(a) That she often cries herself to sleep.
(b) What she writes in her journal.
(c) Her fondness for Sam.
(d) That she has a pet chicken.
4. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(b) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
(c) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
(d) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
5. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
(d) On her way back to her country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
2. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
3. What worries Anita?
4. Why do the children go to their new school in the consul's car ?
5. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)