|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is school not opening on time?
(a) The government said they were not allowed to open.
(b) A hurricane damged many of the buildings.
(c) A fire damaged the cafeteria and auditorium.
(d) Many people are going to the United States to witness JFK's inauguartion.
2. What are the men in dark glasses using as an excuse to search the compound?
(a) That someone reported gun shots coming from the compound.
(b) That someone reported smoke coming from the compound.
(c) The fact that someone has made out-of-country phone calls from their home.
(d) The disappearance of Carla's family.
3. Where are the children allowed off the compound?
(b) No where.
(c) Anywhere as long as they walk in pairs.
(d) School and church.
4. What is one thing Anita learns about their country's leader?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He is arrogant.
(c) He has no conscience.
(d) He is hypocritical.
5. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Help another girl with her lines.
(b) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
(c) Repeat her last lines.
(d) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Oscar, who helps Anita see their leader in a different light?
2. Why does Anita write with a pencil at times?
3. Who comes over to spend time with Sammy?
4. How old is Susie about to turn?
5. What does Anita's father tell her he wants for his children?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)