|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita's mother say she and Anita's father are staying in the Dominican Republic?
(a) To try to sell the business.
(b) For Anita's father to run for public office.
(c) To fight against the things that are wrong.
(d) To wait for Anita's mother to give birth.
2. How does the teacher react to Anita's response?
(a) The teacher just leaves Anita alone.
(b) The teacher tells her to stand at the back of the room.
(c) The teacher sends her to the principal.
(d) The teacher sends her to the nurse.
3. What does Anita's brother say when he comes home?
(a) His best friend's father has been arrested.
(b) His teacher has been arrested.
(c) The high school has shut down.
(d) He is joining the rebel forces.
4. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
(a) They always skip celebrating that year's birthday because of superstition.
(b) It is an important one in the Dominican Republic.
(c) It is the same day as Lucinda's birthday.
(d) They won't be able to celebrate it this year.
5. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
(a) She tells them nothing, as she does not want to give them false hope.
(b) They will be back together soon.
(c) Life will be better.
(d) Carla can come back to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Carla and her siblings sent to do?
2. Who comes into the classroom?
3. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
4. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
5. What does Anita decide about men?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)