|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
(a) To wait for Anita's older borther to be released from prison.
(b) To mind the store.
(c) To see if Tio Enrique will return.
(d) To wait for Anita's older brother to get out of the military.
2. What does Anita decide about men?
(a) That men are bad.
(b) That she does not like men anymore.
(c) That men do not understand why woman fear men sometimes.
(d) That men should not rule the country; women would do better.
3. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
(a) Go visit Carla.
(b) Talk with Sammy about anything.
(c) Go into the city.
(d) Write openly in her diary .
4. Why is school not opening on time?
(a) Many people are going to the United States to witness JFK's inauguartion.
(b) The government said they were not allowed to open.
(c) A fire damaged the cafeteria and auditorium.
(d) A hurricane damged many of the buildings.
5. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(b) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(c) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
(d) That they are not being watched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
2. Why does Anita's mother say she and Anita's father are staying in the Dominican Republic?
3. How long has Anita been out of school?
4. What topics do Sammy, Anita and Sammy's visitor discuss?
5. For how long has Anita's country had the same leader?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)