1. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(d) Almost Thanksgiving.
2. What is the class preparing to do?
(a) Fly an American flag.
(b) Go trick-or-treating.
(c) Put on a Thanksgiving play.
(d) Put on a passion play.
3. Where is the setting of the school?
(a) Dominican Republic.
4. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
(a) There is one American student who it.
(b) It's a school for Americans.
(c) The students closely identify with the United States.
(d) They do not celebrate American holidays.
5. What is the weather like?
(c) There is a hurricane.
6. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
(a) That religious symbols are being used in school.
(b) That there are only girls in the school.
(c) That the summer break is going to be much shorter this year.
(d) The climate, which they are not used to.
7. Who is Carla?
(a) Anita's younger sister.
(b) Anita's older sister.
(c) Anita's cousin.
(d) A new girl who just started school the day before.
This section contains 5,241 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)