1. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(a) Almost Thanksgiving.
2. What is the class preparing to do?
(a) Go trick-or-treating.
(b) Put on a Thanksgiving play.
(c) Fly an American flag.
(d) Put on a passion play.
3. Where is the setting of the school?
(d) Dominican Republic.
4. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
(a) They do not celebrate American holidays.
(b) There is one American student who it.
(c) The students closely identify with the United States.
(d) It's a school for Americans.
5. What is the weather like?
(a) There is a hurricane.
6. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
(a) The climate, which they are not used to.
(b) That the summer break is going to be much shorter this year.
(c) That there are only girls in the school.
(d) That religious symbols are being used in school.
7. Who is Carla?
(a) A new girl who just started school the day before.
(b) Anita's older sister.
(c) Anita's younger sister.
(d) Anita's cousin.
This section contains 5,241 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)