|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claire tells Christine that among other things, her husband lied to her about the fact that what had occurred in the past in Part 3: Today?
2. In Christine's November 23rd entry, Claire says she stopped going to see Christine in the hospital because who became upset and did not want her around?
3. Christine tells her husband that she has a vague memory of what in her November 18th entry?
4. In Christine's November 18th entry, she writes that at dinner Christine tells her husband that she feels that he is what?
5. Claire gives Christine a letter from whom in Christine's November 23rd entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first entry from the envelope from Ben's desk say in Part 3: Today?
2. What does Christine tell Ben she is starting to remember in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 18? What is his response?
3. What is Christine's reaction upon entering the hotel in Part 3: Today?
4. What question is left for the reader and for the protagonist at the end of the novel?
5. What photo album does Ben show Christine in Part 3: Today? What is new about it?
6. What does Christine tell Dr. Nash about her husband and friend in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 21?
7. What does Christine consider as she packs to leave in Part 3: Today?
8. What is Claire's reaction when Christine suggests she had an affair with Ben in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 23?
9. What does Dr. Nash inform Christine about her friend and husband in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 20?
10. Why does Christine believe her husband brought her to this hotel in Part 3: Today?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Christine as the protagonist of the narrative. How old is Christine? How is information about her character revealed?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the theme of memory in the novel. What symbolism and imagery reinforces this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss confabulation and the relationship between Dr. Nash and Christine. What effect does it have on the reader that Christine believes "Ed" may have injured her?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)