|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine's husband ask her to do when he calls from work in Part 3: Today?
2. What describes a condition in which a person's identity and relationships are affected by memories which are factually incorrect but are strongly believed?
3. What does Christine find in her house in her November 21st entry?
4. In Christine's November 20th entry, Ben becomes nearly violent after Christine accidentally breaks what?
5. Whose wedding pictures does Christine find in her November 21st entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What detective work does Claire do in order to determine the identification of Christine's husband in Part 3: Today?
2. What is the initial conversation between Claire and Christine like in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 23?
3. What does Christine tell Ben she is starting to remember in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 18? What is his response?
4. What does Christine learn of her injuries from Dr. Nash in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 19?
5. What memory of a bathroom returns to Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 19? What does Dr. Nash respond when Christine tells him of it?
6. What name comes to Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 18? How?
7. What attempts does Christine make to reach Claire in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 21? What is Ben's reaction?
8. What is Christine's reaction upon entering the hotel in Part 3: Today?
9. What does Christine learn from the second journal entry from the envelope in Part 3: Today?
10. What does Claire inform Christine about Christine's affair in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Christine as the protagonist of the narrative. How old is Christine? How is information about her character revealed?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Ben in the narrative. How old is Ben? What characteristics does he exhibit in Part 1: Today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the life and career of author S. J. Watson. How might Watson's work for the National Health Service have influenced his writing?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)