|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine tells her husband that she has a vague memory of what in her November 18th entry?
2. What does Christine's husband show her which he'd planned on giving her as a gift in Part 3: Today?
3. What does Dr. Nash inform Christine about her husband in her November 20th entry?
4. In Part 3: Today, Christine and her husband drive for a while and Christine falls asleep, waking as they sit parked where?
5. Who does Christine call when she is upset in the evening of her November 18th entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christine wonder about her journal in the beginning of Part 3: Today?
2. What does Christine tell Ben she is starting to remember in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 18? What is his response?
3. How does the author effectively increase the tension in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9-20?
4. What does Christine consider as she packs to leave in Part 3: Today?
5. How long did Christine live in a psychiatric hospital after her accident? What memories strike her upon revisiting the place?
6. How does Dr. Nash feel about Christine's progress in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 19? How does Christine feel?
7. What memory of a bathroom returns to Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 19? What does Dr. Nash respond when Christine tells him of it?
8. What intimate action takes place between Dr. Nash and Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 21? What happens?
9. What attempts does Christine make to reach Claire in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 21? What is Ben's reaction?
10. Why does Christine believe her husband brought her to this hotel in Part 3: Today?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the structural shift in the narrative in Part 3: Today. What is the assumed date of "Today"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the life and career of author S. J. Watson. How might Watson's work for the National Health Service have influenced his writing?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Christine's experiences at the psychiatric hospital in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 19. Who is Dr. Wilson and how well does he know Christine?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)