|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the novel Christine wrote and published before her brain injury?
2. When Christine describes her discussion with Ben in the November 10th entry, Ben tells Christine what about children?
3. Where does Dr. Nash take Christine in Part 1: Today?
4. What profession has Christine's husband told her she had at the time of her accident?
5. What is on the front page of the journal Christine reads in Part 1: Today?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christine do after she suspects she has had a son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
2. What photograph from her past does Dr. Nash show Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 12? What effect does it have?
3. What does Ben tell Christine about her son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14? What is Christine's reaction?
4. What memory does Christine have in the bathroom in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
5. What does Dr. Nash show Christine a photograph of in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9?
6. How does Christine describe waking up in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9?
7. What are Dr. Nash's motivations in helping Christine? Are they pure?
8. What instructions does Ben give Christine when he leaves in Part 1: Today?
9. How does Christine describe her feelings when working with Dr. Nash in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 12?
10. How does the narrative style of the book add to the tension of the narrative?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine and discuss the theme of motherhood in the novel. How important is motherhood to the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the structural shift in the narrative in Part 3: Today. What is the assumed date of "Today"?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and analyze the theme of trust in the book. How is this theme played out between Christine and Ben?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)