|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man say destroyed the older photographs in Part 1: Today?
2. Where was S. J. Watson born?
3. What word refers to an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment?
4. Approximately how often does Christine see Dr. Nash?
5. What word means reliance on the integrity, strength, ability or surety of a person or thing; confidence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instructions does Ben give Christine when he leaves in Part 1: Today?
2. What does Dr. Nash give to Christine in Part 1: Today? What does it contain?
3. Who does Christine call to ask about her novel in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 13? What conflicting stories does she hear?
4. How does Christine describe waking up in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9?
5. Where does Christine go with Dr. Nash in Part 1: Today? What does he explain to her about her past?
6. What in Dr. Nash's package causes Christine to remember her son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
7. Who contacts Christine by special phone in Part 1: Today? How does she know this person?
8. What memory of Ben returns to Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 13?
9. How does Christine describe her feelings when working with Dr. Nash in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 12?
10. What does Christine do after she suspects she has had a son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the narrative style of "Before I Go to Sleep". How does the narration change between Parts 1 and 2? How does this affect the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and analyze the theme of trust in the book. How is this theme played out between Christine and Ben?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Christine's experiences at the psychiatric hospital in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 19. Who is Dr. Wilson and how well does he know Christine?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)