|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9, what date of the week is it?
2. In her November 13th entry, Christine remembers lying in bed with Ben and his expressing an urgency to go for what reason?
3. Dr. Nash shows Christine a video of what in her November 9th entry?
4. What profession has Christine's husband told her she had at the time of her accident?
5. What year does it say it is in the diary in Christine's bag in Part 1: Today?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory returns to Christine while in the house she once lived in with Dr. Nash in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 12?
2. Who contacts Christine by special phone in Part 1: Today? How does she know this person?
3. Where does Christine write of having gone with Ben in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 10? What did she learn?
4. How does the narrative style of the book add to the tension of the narrative?
5. How does Christine describe waking up in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9?
6. What are Dr. Nash's motivations in helping Christine? Are they pure?
7. Where does Christine go with Dr. Nash in Part 1: Today? What does he explain to her about her past?
8. What memory of Ben returns to Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 13?
9. What information does Ben inform Christine of about himself and his work in Part 1: Today?
10. What does Dr. Nash explain to Christine about the MRI in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss confabulation and the relationship between Dr. Nash and Christine. What effect does it have on the reader that Christine believes "Ed" may have injured her?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Christine as the protagonist of the narrative. How old is Christine? How is information about her character revealed?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and analyze the theme of trust in the book. How is this theme played out between Christine and Ben?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)