|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events or impressions, or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
2. Where does Christine's husband tell her their son died in her November 14th entry?
3. What consists of particles or electromagnetic waves that are energetic enough to detach electrons from atoms or molecules?
4. What refers to a physical phenomenon in which magnetic nuclei in a magnetic field absorb and re-emit electromagnetic radiation?
5. What is in the package given to Christine by Dr. Nash in her November 14th entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Dr. Nash take Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9?
2. How does Christine describe her morning in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 10?
3. What photograph from her past does Dr. Nash show Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 12? What effect does it have?
4. What information does Ben inform Christine of about himself and his work in Part 1: Today?
5. What memory does Christine have in the bathroom in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
6. What instructions does Ben give Christine when he leaves in Part 1: Today?
7. What does Christine find as her surroundings upon waking in Part 1: Today?
8. What does Christine do after she suspects she has had a son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
9. What in Dr. Nash's package causes Christine to remember her son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
10. How does Christine first approach Ben in Part 1: Today? What does he relate to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine and discuss the theme of motherhood in the novel. How important is motherhood to the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Ben in the narrative. How old is Ben? What characteristics does he exhibit in Part 1: Today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the symbolism in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 10. What leads Christine to a memory from her past? Why?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)