|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Nash give to Christine that was once his girlfriend's so that he might be able to reach her without her husband's knowledge?
2. What is Dr. Nash's first name?
3. For how long has Dr. Nash been working with Christine in Part 1: Today?
4. What informs Christine of her husband's name in the beginning of the novel?
5. What does MRI stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Nash show Christine a photograph of in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9?
2. Who contacts Christine by special phone in Part 1: Today? How does she know this person?
3. What information does Ben inform Christine of about himself and his work in Part 1: Today?
4. What flash of memory does Christine have while walking back to the car with her husband in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 10?
5. What does Christine do after she suspects she has had a son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
6. What in Dr. Nash's package causes Christine to remember her son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
7. How does Christine first approach Ben in Part 1: Today? What does he relate to her?
8. What does Christine find as her surroundings upon waking in Part 1: Today?
9. Where does Christine go with Dr. Nash in Part 1: Today? What does he explain to her about her past?
10. What does Ben tell Christine about her son in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14? What is Christine's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and analyze the theme of trust in the book. How is this theme played out between Christine and Ben?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the structural shift in the narrative in Part 3: Today. What is the assumed date of "Today"?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the theme of memory in the novel. What symbolism and imagery reinforces this theme?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)