|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are psychological factors, such as mental disorder, post-traumatic stress or, in psychoanalytic terms, defense mechanisms?
2. In her November 13th entry, Christine remembers lying in bed with Ben and his expressing an urgency to go for what reason?
3. What does MRI stand for?
4. When Christine and Dr. Nash make a visit to a place from her past in her entry from November 12th, Christine is shocked to see what about the place?
5. S. J. Watson worked in various hospitals and facilities specializing in the diagnostic treatment of whoM?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Christine go with Dr. Nash in Part 1: Today? What does he explain to her about her past?
2. What memory does Christine have in the bathroom in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
3. How does Christine describe her morning in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 15? Where does she go?
4. How does Christine describe waking up in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9?
5. What does Christine write about her MRI in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
6. What does Dr. Nash give to Christine in Part 1: Today? What does it contain?
7. What instructions does Ben give Christine when he leaves in Part 1: Today?
8. How does Christine describe her morning in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 10?
9. What are Dr. Nash's motivations in helping Christine? Are they pure?
10. What memory of Ben returns to Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Christine and Dr. Nash, and the elements of intimacy and sexuality in the narrative. How does Christine's lack of memory affect her intimacy with others?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Christine as the protagonist of the narrative. How old is Christine? How is information about her character revealed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the theme of memory in the novel. What symbolism and imagery reinforces this theme?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)