|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine pick up absently and take downstairs with her in Part 3: Today?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A bar of soap.
2. Christine has come to understand what a huge burden her care must be for whom in her November 20th entry?
(a) Dr. Paxton.
(b) Dr. Wilson.
(d) Dr. Nash.
3. What does Christine decide to do at the end of her November 23rd entry?
(a) Tell Dr. Nash about Claire and Ben.
(b) Confront Ben about Claire.
(c) Tell Ben about Dr. Nash and the journal.
(d) Confront Claire about Ben.
4. In her November 19 entry, Christine tells Dr. Nash that she thinks if she could remember what that she might regain her memory?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Her attack.
(c) Her school years.
(d) Her address.
5. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine's husband show her which he'd planned on giving her as a gift in Part 3: Today?
2. In Part 3: Today, Christine finds the lock box open and containing only what?
3. What refers to a feeling of uncertainty and anxiety about the outcome of certain actions, most often referring to an audience's perceptions in a dramatic work?
4. What day of the week is it in Christine's November 18th entry?
5. Where does Claire tell Christine is the only place she's ever lived abroad in Christine's November 21st entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Claire's reaction when Christine suggests she had an affair with Ben in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 23?
2. What is Christine's reaction upon entering the hotel in Part 3: Today?
3. How long did Christine live in a psychiatric hospital after her accident? What memories strike her upon revisiting the place?
4. How does the author effectively increase the tension in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 9-20?
5. What does Christine tell Ben she is starting to remember in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 18? What is his response?
6. What does Christine wonder about her journal in the beginning of Part 3: Today?
7. What intimate action takes place between Dr. Nash and Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 21? What happens?
8. What does Claire inform Christine about Christine's affair in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 23?
9. Why does Christine believe her husband brought her to this hotel in Part 3: Today?
10. What does the first entry from the envelope from Ben's desk say in Part 3: Today?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)