|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claire had confronted Christine about her affair, Christine had told her what, according to the November 23rd article?
(a) He had left her.
(b) She had ended it.
(c) She was engaged.
(d) She wanted to leave but could not.
2. What does Christine tell Dr. Nash after kissing him in her November 21st entry?
(a) Let's go back to your place.
(b) She thinks they are in love.
(c) I'm sorry.
(d) Thank you.
3. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. Where does Christine meet Dr. Nash in her November 19th entry?
(a) Her house.
(b) A cafe.
(c) His office.
(d) A park.
5. In Part 3: Today, Dr. Nash admits there is no ____ reason why Christine's memories should not remain, but she should not expect a miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Nash suggests that Christine do what before telling her husband about the journal in Christine's November 20th entry?
2. Where does Christine discover a bruise from her husband's abuse in Part 3: Today?
3. In her November 19 entry, Christine tells Dr. Nash that she thinks if she could remember what that she might regain her memory?
4. Where does Claire tell Christine her son is living in Part 3: Today?
5. What refers to the fact or state of having committed an offense, crime, violation, or wrong, especially against moral or penal law?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long did Christine live in a psychiatric hospital after her accident? What memories strike her upon revisiting the place?
2. What detective work does Claire do in order to determine the identification of Christine's husband in Part 3: Today?
3. What does the first entry from the envelope from Ben's desk say in Part 3: Today?
4. Where do Christine and Ben drive in Part 3: Today? How is the drive described?
5. What attempts does Christine make to reach Claire in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 21? What is Ben's reaction?
6. What does Christine wonder about her journal in the beginning of Part 3: Today?
7. What is the initial conversation between Claire and Christine like in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 23?
8. What does Christine find in her house that makes her decide to trust her husband in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 21?
9. What is Claire's reaction when Christine suggests she had an affair with Ben in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 23?
10. What name comes to Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 18? How?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)