|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time in the morning does Christine write on November 17th because she is unable to sleep?
(a) 3:12 a.m.
(b) 2:07 a.m.
(c) 2:07 p.m.
(d) 5:28 a.m.
2. In her November 10th entry, again Christine describes waking up confused and having to be told her story by whom?
(a) Dr. Paxton.
(d) Dr. Ed Nash.
3. What is one of the syndromes in clinical neurology whose key defining characteristic is temporary but almost total disruption of short-term memory with a range of problems accessing older memories?
(a) Dissociative amnesia.
(b) Anterograde amnesia.
(c) Transient global amnesia.
(d) Retrograde amnesia.
4. What does Dr. Nash give to Christine that was once his girlfriend's so that he might be able to reach her without her husband's knowledge?
(a) A satellite phone.
(b) A flip phone.
(c) A messenger pigeon.
(d) A walkie talkie.
5. In Christine's November 9th entry, she writes that she has had no memory for how long?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 14 years.
(d) 18 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christine in the novel?
2. What consists of particles or electromagnetic waves that are energetic enough to detach electrons from atoms or molecules?
3. What does Ben tell Christine to take with her if she goes anywhere in Part 1: Today?
4. What refers to an abnormal fear of being closed in or of being in a confined space?
5. What refers to a physical phenomenon in which magnetic nuclei in a magnetic field absorb and re-emit electromagnetic radiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What photograph from her past does Dr. Nash show Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 12? What effect does it have?
2. How does Christine describe her morning in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 10?
3. Where does Christine write of having gone with Ben in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 10? What did she learn?
4. How does Christine describe her morning in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 15? Where does she go?
5. How does Christine feel about her situation and her husband when she is left alone in Part 1: Today?
6. What disorder does Christine Lucas suffer from? How is this explained in Part 1: Today?
7. What memory does Christine have in the bathroom in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
8. Who contacts Christine by special phone in Part 1: Today? How does she know this person?
9. Who does Christine call to ask about her novel in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 13? What conflicting stories does she hear?
10. What does Dr. Nash explain to Christine about the MRI in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)