|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Christine and Dr. Nash make a visit to a place from her past in her entry from November 12th, Christine is shocked to see what about the place?
(a) How run down it has become.
(b) How the neighborhood has changed.
(c) How everything has been changed.
(d) How similar it is to where she lives now.
2. What does Christine's husband reply when she asks him if she's ever written anything in her November 13 entry?
(a) She's imagining things.
(b) Only nonfiction.
(c) Only under a pen name.
(d) She has written a few things.
3. S. J. Watson worked in various hospitals and facilities specializing in the diagnostic treatment of whoM?
(a) Pregnant women.
(b) Hearing-impaired children.
(c) The elderly.
(d) Blind adults.
4. What refers to a standard of comparison used in a statistical analysis or scientific experiment?
5. As Christine describes in her November 16 entry, she and Dr. Nash had an argument about who in the parking garage?
(b) Dr. Paxton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What older colleague of Dr. Nash's uses MRI to map and trace the way in which a patient with amnesia retains memories?
2. For how long has Dr. Nash been working with Christine in Part 1: Today?
3. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events or impressions, or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
4. What informs Christine of her husband's name in the beginning of the novel?
5. When Christine describes having a flash of memory while walking back to the car with Ben in her November 10th entry, she recalls being in what location?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrative style of the book add to the tension of the narrative?
2. What does Christine write about her MRI in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
3. Who contacts Christine by special phone in Part 1: Today? How does she know this person?
4. What does Christine find as her surroundings upon waking in Part 1: Today?
5. Where does Christine write of having gone with Ben in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 10? What did she learn?
6. What memory does Christine have in the bathroom in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 14?
7. What memory of Ben returns to Christine in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 13?
8. What memory returns to Christine while in the house she once lived in with Dr. Nash in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 12?
9. Where does Christine go with Dr. Nash in Part 1: Today? What does he explain to her about her past?
10. Who does Christine call to ask about her novel in Part 2: The Journal of Christine Lucas, November 13? What conflicting stories does she hear?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)