|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine's husband go to get when he locks her in the room in Part 3: Today?
2. What refers to the ability of forming mental images, sensations and concepts, in a moment when they are not perceived through sight, hearing or other senses?
3. What is Claire's profession in the novel?
(c) Bus driver.
(d) Store manager.
4. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. Where do Christine and her husband take a trip in Part 3: Today?
6. In Part 3: Today, Christine finds the lock box open and containing only what?
(a) Her novel.
(b) Tax documents.
(c) A letter.
7. Claire gives Christine a letter from whom in Christine's November 23rd entry?
(c) Dr. Nash.
(d) Dr. Paxton.
8. What is the date of the second journal entry Christine reads in Part 3: Today?
(a) September 19th.
(b) January 5th.
(c) November 26th.
(d) June 3rd.
9. What does Christine do when Dr. Nash rebuffs her advances in her November 21st entry?
(a) Attacks him.
(b) Throws him out.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Breaks a window.
10. Christine asks Claire if she was a good what in her November 23rd entry?
11. In her November 19 entry, Christine tells Dr. Nash that she thinks if she could remember what that she might regain her memory?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Her attack.
(c) Her school years.
(d) Her address.
12. Christine has come to understand what a huge burden her care must be for whom in her November 20th entry?
(a) Dr. Paxton.
(c) Dr. Nash.
(d) Dr. Wilson.
13. Dr. Nash suggests that Christine do what before telling her husband about the journal in Christine's November 20th entry?
(a) Copy the journal.
(b) Talk to Claire.
(c) Talk to Dr. Wilson.
(d) Read over the journal again.
14. In Part 3: Today, Christine wonders why there is how much time missing from the journal?
(a) 1 year.
(b) A week.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 3 months.
15. Claire calls the school Ben told Christine he worked at and learns that Ben works as what there in Part 3: Today?
(a) A substitute teacher.
(b) A custodian.
(c) A lab assistant.
(d) A gym teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3: Today, Dr. Nash admits there is no ____ reason why Christine's memories should not remain, but she should not expect a miracle.
2. In Part 3: Today, Christine wonders why there is a period of time missing from the journal, but believes part of the reason is because it was with who for most of that time?
3. In Christine's November 19th entry, Dr. Nash explains that her memory lasted how long when she first came to the psychiatric hospital?
4. What refers to the replacement of a gap in a person's memory by a falsification that he or she believes to be true?
5. In Part 3: Today, Christine blacks out during her struggle and wakes up in an ambulance beside whom?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)