|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the son Christine had?
2. Where is Christine standing when she has a memory recollection with Dr. Nash in her November 12th entry?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The attic.
3. When Christine describes her discussion with Ben in the November 10th entry, Ben tells Christine what about children?
(a) They have two.
(b) They gave their only one up for adoption.
(c) His parents take care of their daughter.
(d) They never had any.
4. In her November 10th entry, Christine tells her journal she and Ben went for a drive to what location?
(a) Parliament Hill.
(b) Mount Christopher.
(c) Seal Rock.
(d) Pebble Bay.
5. What is the name of the novel Christine wrote and published before her brain injury?
(a) A Spring Rain.
(b) An Evening Under the Stars.
(c) The Magnificent Colors of Autumn.
(d) For the Morning Birds.
6. What does Dr. Nash give to Christine that was once his girlfriend's so that he might be able to reach her without her husband's knowledge?
(a) A walkie talkie.
(b) A messenger pigeon.
(c) A flip phone.
(d) A satellite phone.
7. What are psychological factors, such as mental disorder, post-traumatic stress or, in psychoanalytic terms, defense mechanisms?
(a) Educational causes.
(b) Functional causes.
(c) Behavioral causes.
(d) Institutional causes.
8. What refers to a standard of comparison used in a statistical analysis or scientific experiment?
9. In her November 13th entry, Christine remembers entering an office and attempting to do what?
(a) Use a phone.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Find the bathroom.
(d) Talk to the manager.
10. What does Dr. Nash give to Christine in Part 1: Today?
(a) A watch.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A map.
(d) A journal.
11. What is the setting of "Before I Go to Sleep"?
(d) New York.
12. In Christine's November 9th entry, Dr. Nash shows Christine a picture of what?
(a) Her husband.
(c) A child.
(d) A house.
13. What is in the package given to Christine by Dr. Nash in her November 14th entry?
(a) A paperback novel.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A baby blanket.
14. What word means reliance on the integrity, strength, ability or surety of a person or thing; confidence?
15. What causes Christine to remember being pregnant and giving birth to a child in Christine's November 14th entry?
(a) A diary.
(b) A baby blanket.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) A birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her November 10th entry, Christine relates memories of her parents and a strong desire to see them, but an instinctively knows what?
2. In what person is Part 1: Today written?
3. What refers to an abnormal fear of being closed in or of being in a confined space?
4. What is the use of ionizing electromagnetic radiation such as X-rays to view objects?
5. What is one of the syndromes in clinical neurology whose key defining characteristic is temporary but almost total disruption of short-term memory with a range of problems accessing older memories?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)