|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the front page of the journal Christine reads in Part 1: Today?
(a) "Who am I?"
(c) "Don't trust Ben."
(d) "Lost memories."
2. What do Ben and Christine see on their way back to the car in Christine's November 10th entry?
(a) A child.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) A fox.
3. When Christine describes her discussion with Ben in the November 10th entry, Ben tells Christine what about children?
(a) His parents take care of their daughter.
(b) They have two.
(c) They gave their only one up for adoption.
(d) They never had any.
4. What does Ben tell Christine to take with her if she goes anywhere in Part 1: Today?
(a) A scarf.
(c) Her cell phone.
(d) Her American Express card.
5. What is the name of the novel Christine wrote and published before her brain injury?
(a) For the Morning Birds.
(b) The Magnificent Colors of Autumn.
(c) A Spring Rain.
(d) An Evening Under the Stars.
6. What does Dr. Nash give to Christine in Part 1: Today?
(a) A watch.
(b) A map.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A journal.
7. When Christine finds her journal on the morning of November 15th, it is a crushing blow to learn of what again?
(a) Her son's death.
(b) A terrorist attack.
(c) A plane crash.
(d) The Queen's death.
8. What informs Christine of her husband's name in the beginning of the novel?
(b) A name tag.
(c) His voice.
(d) A voice recording.
9. When Christine describes having a flash of memory while walking back to the car with Ben in her November 10th entry, she recalls discussing what with another person?
(a) Setting up a blind date.
(b) A television show.
(c) A popular song.
(d) A political election.
10. What is the use of ionizing electromagnetic radiation such as X-rays to view objects?
11. For what occasion does Ben say he and Christine will be going out of town on vacation soon in Part 1: Today?
(a) Their anniversary.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) His promotion.
(d) His birthday.
12. What does the man say destroyed the older photographs in Part 1: Today?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A flood.
(c) A fire.
(d) A tornado.
13. What word refers to incentive or inducement to action?
14. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events or impressions, or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
(a) Deja vu.
15. Where does Dr. Nash ask Christine if she would like to go with him in their meeting described in the November 12th entry?
(a) Her high school.
(b) A house she and Ben once lived in.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) Her old church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine's husband show her along with photographs of her son in her November 14th entry?
2. What did Christine feel frightened because she could not recognize in the images flashing over her during the MRI?
3. In her November 10th entry, Christine relates memories of her parents and a strong desire to see them, but an instinctively knows what?
4. What does Christine's husband reply when she asks him if she's ever written anything in her November 13 entry?
5. What day of the week is it on Christine's November 13th entry?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)