|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the son Christine had?
2. What do Ben and Christine see on their way back to the car in Christine's November 10th entry?
(b) A shooting star.
(c) A child.
(d) A fox.
3. What is the name of Christine's husband?
4. Where did S. J. Watson study Physics?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Cornell School of Sciences.
(d) The University of Birmingham.
5. Approximately how often does Christine see Dr. Nash?
(a) Every two weeks.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
6. In Christine's November 9th entry, she writes that she has had no memory for how long?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 14 years.
7. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events or impressions, or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
(b) Deja vu.
8. What is the name of the novel Christine wrote and published before her brain injury?
(a) A Spring Rain.
(b) The Magnificent Colors of Autumn.
(c) An Evening Under the Stars.
(d) For the Morning Birds.
9. What does Dr. Nash give to Christine in Part 1: Today?
(a) A map.
(b) A watch.
(c) A journal.
(d) A puppy.
10. What is the use of ionizing electromagnetic radiation such as X-rays to view objects?
11. What memory comes back to Christine during her MRI?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Riding a bicycle.
(c) The first time she had sex.
(d) Graduating high school.
12. What is one of the syndromes in clinical neurology whose key defining characteristic is temporary but almost total disruption of short-term memory with a range of problems accessing older memories?
(a) Anterograde amnesia.
(b) Retrograde amnesia.
(c) Transient global amnesia.
(d) Dissociative amnesia.
13. In her November 10th entry, Christine relates memories of her parents and a strong desire to see them, but an instinctively knows what?
(a) They don't speak to each other anymore.
(b) They are dead.
(c) She cannot find them.
(d) They don't know where she is.
14. What is in the package given to Christine by Dr. Nash in her November 14th entry?
(a) A baby blanket.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A paperback novel.
15. S. J. Watson worked in various hospitals and facilities specializing in the diagnostic treatment of whoM?
(a) Hearing-impaired children.
(b) Pregnant women.
(c) Blind adults.
(d) The elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it say in relation to Dr. Nash's appointment in Christine's diary in Part 1: Today?
2. What consists of particles or electromagnetic waves that are energetic enough to detach electrons from atoms or molecules?
3. How does Christine remember hitting her head in the memory that comes to her in the bathroom in her November 14th entry?
4. In Christine's November 9th entry, Dr. Nash promises to call Christine each day to remind her about what?
5. What does Ben tell Christine his job is in Part 1: Today?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)