|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Christine describes having a flash of memory while walking back to the car with Ben in her November 10th entry, she recalls being with someone who she instinctively knew was what?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Not to be trusted.
(c) A teacher.
(d) Using a fake name.
2. Where does Christine's husband tell her their son died in her November 14th entry?
3. What is one of the syndromes in clinical neurology whose key defining characteristic is temporary but almost total disruption of short-term memory with a range of problems accessing older memories?
(a) Anterograde amnesia.
(b) Dissociative amnesia.
(c) Retrograde amnesia.
(d) Transient global amnesia.
4. When Christine describes having a flash of memory while walking back to the car with Ben in her November 10th entry, she recalls discussing what with another person?
(a) A television show.
(b) A popular song.
(c) A political election.
(d) Setting up a blind date.
5. In her November 10th entry, Christine tells her journal she and Ben went for a drive to what location?
(a) Mount Christopher.
(b) Seal Rock.
(c) Parliament Hill.
(d) Pebble Bay.
6. What does the man say destroyed the older photographs in Part 1: Today?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A fire.
(c) A flood.
(d) A tornado.
7. As Christine describes in her November 16 entry, she and Dr. Nash had an argument about who in the parking garage?
(c) Dr. Paxton.
8. What does Dr. Nash ask Christine when he contacts her in Part 1: Today?
(a) If he can pick her up.
(b) Where she is.
(c) What she is wearing.
(d) If she is alone.
9. S. J. Watson worked in various hospitals and facilities specializing in the diagnostic treatment of whoM?
(a) Pregnant women.
(b) The elderly.
(c) Hearing-impaired children.
(d) Blind adults.
10. In her November 10th entry, Christine receives a call from Dr. Nash telling her about the journal and directing her to its hiding place where?
(a) In a shoebox in the closet.
(b) In a safe in the basement.
(c) Under a tile in the floor.
(d) Above a panel in the ceiling.
11. In her November 10th entry, again Christine describes waking up confused and having to be told her story by whom?
(a) Dr. Ed Nash.
(d) Dr. Paxton.
12. In her November 10th entry, Christine relates memories of her parents and a strong desire to see them, but an instinctively knows what?
(a) They are dead.
(b) She cannot find them.
(c) They don't speak to each other anymore.
(d) They don't know where she is.
13. What refers to a standard of comparison used in a statistical analysis or scientific experiment?
14. What causes Christine to remember being pregnant and giving birth to a child in Christine's November 14th entry?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A diary.
(d) A baby blanket.
15. What does Christine's husband reply when she asks him if she's ever written anything in her November 13 entry?
(a) Only under a pen name.
(b) She has written a few things.
(c) She's imagining things.
(d) Only nonfiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ben tell Christine her injury happened as detailed in her November 10th entry?
2. What is the name of the novel Christine wrote and published before her brain injury?
3. What is the date of "today" on Christine's diary in Part 1: Today?
4. What profession has Christine's husband told her she had at the time of her accident?
5. What occasion is it in Christine's November 15th entry?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)