|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Wallace Pfef blame for Sita's mental health problems?
2. For whom is Jude Miller searching in chapter 14?
3. Where does Karl go after leaving Wallace Pfef's house in chapter 9?
4. What stone is in the necklace Sita puts on in chapter 13?
5. What has hurt Mary's business in recent years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the symbol of Adelaide's jewel box with the symbol of the jewelry itself, discussing the various characters' perceptions of each.
Essay Topic 2
Explicate Sita's hallucination in which Karl sinks into the ground. What happens? When does the hallucination begin? How do the other characters react and how would the scene have been changed if Erdrich had chosen a different narrator?
Essay Topic 3
How does Erdrich use different narrators to create different effects? Choose a scene and describe how its narrator conveys the situation from a particular perspective. Then explain how the reader's perception of the scene would have been different if Erdrich had chosen a different narrator.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)