Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sita's roommate in chapter 10?
2. Who spends a night stuffing the ballot boxes for Beet Queen?
3. How long does Karl stay with Wallace Pfef in part 2, chapter 9?
4. Where does Karl go after leaving Wallace Pfef's house in chapter 9?
5. What dish does Mary plan to take to the potluck after the Christmas play?
Essay Topic 1
What role does the sugar beet play in the novel, both as a symbol and as a plot device? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How does Erdrich use different narrators to create different effects? Choose a scene and describe how its narrator conveys the situation from a particular perspective. Then explain how the reader's perception of the scene would have been different if Erdrich had chosen a different narrator.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author's use of flashbacks throughout the novel fill in the reader's sense of the characters' history? Choose one character and discuss his or her life prior to the novel, as expressed in flashbacks, and then explain how this method of conveying history is helpful or unhelpful to the reader.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)