|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in chapter 10, who has "a face like Sitting Bull"?
2. Where does Dot go after leaving the Christmas play?
3. What type of sandwich does Sita make for Louis and Karl in chapter 8?
4. For whom is Jude Miller searching in chapter 14?
5. Who arrives at Sita's house while Sita, Karl, and Louis are eating lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting in which Celestine gives birth.
2. Why does Jude Miller come to Argus in chapter 14?
3. Describe Wallace Pfef's "poor dead sweetheart."
4. How does Celestine feel about the baby, Dot, in chapter 9?
5. Describe Sita's hallucination in chapter 8.
6. How does Mary normally behave during a children's party?
7. Describe Dot's appearance in costume as Joseph.
8. What happens between Mary and Mrs. Shumway in chapter 10?
9. Why does Mrs. Shumway send Dot to the "naughty box" in chapter 10?
10. Why does the Christmas play in chapter 11 end prematurely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of failed romance throughout the novel and how it affects the various characters' lives, particularly Mary's life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wallace Pfef's "private disaster" and the aspects of his personality that contribute to it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mrs. Waldvogel in as much detail as possible and discuss her importance in Sita's life.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)