|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karl asks if Dot has a father figure, whom does Celestine say it is?
2. Who almost dies at the end of chapter 13?
3. In whose house does Celestine give birth?
4. How old is Dot at the beginning of chapter 11?
5. Who dunks Wallace Pfef in the dunk tank?
Essay Topic 1
How does Erdrich use different narrators to create different effects? Choose a scene and describe how its narrator conveys the situation from a particular perspective. Then explain how the reader's perception of the scene would have been different if Erdrich had chosen a different narrator.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mrs. Waldvogel in as much detail as possible and discuss her importance in Sita's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wallace Pfef's "private disaster" and the aspects of his personality that contribute to it.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)