|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sita's roommate in chapter 10?
2. Who spends a night stuffing the ballot boxes for Beet Queen?
3. How long does Karl stay with Wallace Pfef in part 2, chapter 9?
4. Where does Karl go after leaving Wallace Pfef's house in chapter 9?
5. What dish does Mary plan to take to the potluck after the Christmas play?
Essay Topic 1
Explicate Sita's hallucination in which Karl sinks into the ground. What happens? When does the hallucination begin? How do the other characters react and how would the scene have been changed if Erdrich had chosen a different narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the jewel box as a symbol for the various characters, including its significance when unopened, when opened, and later on in the novel when Sita takes it with her to Minneapolis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wallace Pfef's "private disaster" and the aspects of his personality that contribute to it.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)