|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karl asks if Dot has a father figure, whom does Celestine say it is?
2. Whom does Sita marry?
3. As mentioned in chapter 10, who has "a face like Sitting Bull"?
4. Russell Kashpaw keeps a lock on his shack so that which person can't enter?
5. With whom is Russell Kashpaw living in chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Shumway send Dot to the "naughty box" in chapter 10?
2. Why does Karl rescue Wallace Pfef from the dunk tank at the Beet Festival?
3. How does Wallace Pfef find out about the relationship between Celestine and Karl?
4. What happens between Mary and Mrs. Shumway in chapter 10?
5. Explain Mary's reaction to Celestine's Jell-O prank.
6. Describe Dot's appearance in costume as Joseph.
7. Why does Sheriff Pausch visit Sita's house in chapter 8, and what does he find when he gets there?
8. Why does the Christmas play in chapter 11 end prematurely?
9. Describe Wallace Pfef's experience in organizing the Beet Festival.
10. Describe Dot's appearance during the Beet Festival.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Waldvogel in as much detail as possible and discuss her importance in Sita's life.
Essay Topic 2
How does the setting of Sita's home parallel her life, personality, and choice of death? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the character of Fleur Pillager and her role in the novel.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)