|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celestine put in her Jell-O salad?
(b) Iron filings.
(d) Nuts and bolts.
2. As mentioned in chapter 10, who has "a face like Sitting Bull"?
(a) Fleur Pillager.
(b) Wallace Pfef.
(d) Eli Kashpaw.
3. Whose prescription medications does Sita have stored away for her own use?
4. What holiday does Wallace Pfef describe as "hard on a man alone"?
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Father's Day.
5. What does Celestine use to groom Karl's nails?
(a) A knife.
(b) A nail file.
(d) Nail clippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cookie does Dot love?
2. What dish does Mary plan to take to the potluck after the Christmas play?
3. Whom does Wallace Pfef blame for Sita's mental health problems?
4. Which company does Wallace Pfef hire as a skywriter?
5. What do Mary and Celestine have for a midnight snack in chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wallace Pfef's experience in organizing the Beet Festival.
2. Describe Wallace Pfef's "poor dead sweetheart."
3. Why does the Christmas play in chapter 11 end prematurely?
4. Describe Sita's hallucination in chapter 8.
5. As discussed in chapter 10, to whom does Dot give the wheelchair? Why?
6. As discussed in chapter 8, why does Sita feel bad about her estrangement from the Catholic Church?
7. Describe Dot's appearance in costume as Joseph.
8. Describe Dot's appearance during the Beet Festival.
9. Why does Karl rescue Wallace Pfef from the dunk tank at the Beet Festival?
10. How does Karl interact with Dot in chapter 12? Does Dot respond well? Explain.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)