|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins the pilot who does the skywriting for the Beet Festival?
2. Sita reports in chapter 13 that she gave the sewing machine to whom?
(a) The worker from the Salvation Army.
(b) The Grinnes.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The Johnsons.
3. Who is Wallace Pfef's favorite butcher shop employee?
4. What causes Sita to lose her good standing with the Catholic Church?
(a) Conversion to a different faith.
5. What pest is repelled by smoke?
(b) Honey bees.
(d) Fire ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cookie does Dot love?
2. How old is Dot at the beginning of chapter 11?
3. What does Celestine put in her Jell-O salad?
4. With whom does Mary have a serious argument in chapter 10?
5. What kind of car is Karl driving in chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Wallace Pfef's "private disaster" during the Christmas play, as mentioned in chapter 12? Why does he describe it that way?
2. Describe the setting in which Celestine gives birth.
3. How does Mary normally behave during a children's party?
4. What is Celestine's opinion of Mary's cooking, as stated in chapter 11? Why does she hold this opinion?
5. Describe Wallace Pfef's experience in organizing the Beet Festival.
6. What happens between Mary and Mrs. Shumway in chapter 10?
7. Why does Sheriff Pausch visit Sita's house in chapter 8, and what does he find when he gets there?
8. How does Karl interact with Dot in chapter 12? Does Dot respond well? Explain.
9. Why does the Christmas play in chapter 11 end prematurely?
10. How do Mary and Celestine deal with Sita's body?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)