|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Jude Miller searching in chapter 14?
2. Sita reports in chapter 13 that she gave the sewing machine to whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The Grinnes.
(c) The Johnsons.
(d) The worker from the Salvation Army.
3. During the Christmas play, with what does Dot get in a fight?
(a) The cow in the nativity scene.
(b) The front half of the donkey.
(c) The back half of the donkey.
(d) The sheep in the nativity scene.
4. Who gives Celestine's baby the nickname Dot?
(a) Wallace Pfef.
(c) Russell Kashpaw.
5. Which is NOT a queen in Argus?
(a) Beet Queen.
(b) Homecoming Queen.
(c) Corn Queen.
(d) Snow Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mary have a serious argument in chapter 10?
2. What is Russell Kashpaw doing in chapter 8?
3. Which company does Wallace Pfef hire as a skywriter?
4. What does Celestine put in her Jell-O salad?
5. What role does Dot have in the Christmas play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Mary and Mrs. Shumway in chapter 10?
2. Describe Sita's hallucination in chapter 8.
3. As discussed in chapter 10, to whom does Dot give the wheelchair? Why?
4. How does Wallace Pfef find out about the relationship between Celestine and Karl?
5. How does Celestine feel about the baby, Dot, in chapter 9?
6. Why does Mrs. Shumway send Dot to the "naughty box" in chapter 10?
7. Why does Sheriff Pausch visit Sita's house in chapter 8, and what does he find when he gets there?
8. As discussed in chapter 8, why does Sita feel bad about her estrangement from the Catholic Church?
9. Describe the setting in which Celestine gives birth.
10. Describe Sita's house, as pictured in chapter 13.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)