|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Karl and Celestine get married?
(a) The Badlands.
(b) The Ozarks.
(c) Sioux City.
2. Whose prescription medications does Sita have stored away for her own use?
3. Despite Dot's story to Mary in chapter 10, where is the "naughty box"?
(a) In the hall.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) On the chalkboard.
(d) Behind the teacher's desk.
4. What cookie does Dot love?
(a) Thin mint.
(b) Chocolate chip.
(c) Mystic Mint.
5. What does Mary report as burnt in the beginning of chapter 11?
(a) The family Bible.
(b) The Poopdeck Restaurant.
(c) The butcher shop.
(d) The gymnasium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Dot a party in chapter 12?
2. According to Wallace Pfef, what does Dot love?
3. Which company does Wallace Pfef hire as a skywriter?
4. Where does Dot go after leaving the Christmas play?
5. What does Celestine name her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary normally behave during a children's party?
2. Describe the setting in which Celestine gives birth.
3. What happens between Mary and Mrs. Shumway in chapter 10?
4. Why does Sheriff Pausch visit Sita's house in chapter 8, and what does he find when he gets there?
5. Describe Sita's hallucination in chapter 8.
6. Describe Dot's appearance in costume as Joseph.
7. Describe Wallace Pfef's experience in organizing the Beet Festival.
8. How does Celestine feel about the baby, Dot, in chapter 9?
9. How does Wallace Pfef find out about the relationship between Celestine and Karl?
10. Why does Louis take Sita to the mental hospital?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)