|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dot at the beginning of chapter 11?
2. Which character is portrayed as enraged in "The Birdorama" in chapter 11?
(c) Eli Kashpaw.
(d) Fleur Pillager.
3. During the Christmas play, with what does Dot get in a fight?
(a) The back half of the donkey.
(b) The sheep in the nativity scene.
(c) The cow in the nativity scene.
(d) The front half of the donkey.
4. In whose house does Celestine give birth?
(c) Wallace Pfef's.
(d) Her own.
5. What holiday does Wallace Pfef describe as "hard on a man alone"?
(c) Father's Day.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mary have a serious argument in chapter 10?
2. How long does Karl stay with Wallace Pfef in part 2, chapter 9?
3. What has hurt Mary's business in recent years?
4. In Sita's hallucination, who sinks into the ground?
5. What is Mary making at the beginning of chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mary and Celestine deal with Sita's body?
2. How does Celestine feel about the baby, Dot, in chapter 9?
3. Describe Sita's house, as pictured in chapter 13.
4. What happens between Mary and Mrs. Shumway in chapter 10?
5. Why does Sheriff Pausch visit Sita's house in chapter 8, and what does he find when he gets there?
6. What is Celestine's opinion of Mary's cooking, as stated in chapter 11? Why does she hold this opinion?
7. Describe the setting of "Russell's Night" in chapter 8.
8. How does Karl interact with Dot in chapter 12? Does Dot respond well? Explain.
9. As discussed in chapter 10, to whom does Dot give the wheelchair? Why?
10. Describe Wallace Pfef's "poor dead sweetheart."
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)