|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins the pilot who does the skywriting for the Beet Festival?
2. What stone is in the necklace Sita puts on in chapter 13?
(d) Blue zircon.
3. When Dot runs away from home, what is her intended destination?
(a) The Indian reservation.
(b) Karl's home.
(c) The home of Fritzie and Pete.
(d) Billings, Montana.
4. Sita reports in chapter 13 that she gave the sewing machine to whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The worker from the Salvation Army.
(c) The Grinnes.
(d) The Johnsons.
5. For whom is Jude Miller searching in chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned in chapter 10 as having had a crush on Sita?
2. Where do Karl and Celestine get married?
3. Who arrives at Sita's house while Sita, Karl, and Louis are eating lunch?
4. What causes Sita to lose her good standing with the Catholic Church?
5. How long does Karl stay with Wallace Pfef in part 2, chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sita's house, as pictured in chapter 13.
2. Why does the Christmas play in chapter 11 end prematurely?
3. How does Wallace Pfef find out about the relationship between Celestine and Karl?
4. As discussed in chapter 10, to whom does Dot give the wheelchair? Why?
5. What happens between Mary and Mrs. Shumway in chapter 10?
6. How does Celestine feel about the baby, Dot, in chapter 9?
7. What is Celestine's opinion of Mary's cooking, as stated in chapter 11? Why does she hold this opinion?
8. Describe Sita's hallucination in chapter 8.
9. Describe the setting in which Celestine gives birth.
10. In chapter 12, what does Wallace Pfef plan in order to regain Dot's affection? Does he succeed? Explain.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)