|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel mentioned in chapter 11?
(a) The Lion.
(b) The Fox.
(c) Holiday Inn.
(d) The Argus All-Nighter.
2. What book is Karl carrying in chapter 8 when he visits Sita?
(a) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) A Bible.
3. Whose bathrobe does Dot borrow for the Christmas play?
(a) Officer Ronald Lovchik's.
(c) Wallace Pfef's.
4. Who is Wallace Pfef's favorite butcher shop employee?
5. Who is mentioned in chapter 10 as having had a crush on Sita?
(b) Officer Daniel Lunt.
(d) Officer Ronald Lovchik.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dot go after leaving the Christmas play?
2. Who gives Dot a wheelchair in chapter 10?
3. What does Mary find in Sita's flour canister?
4. What does Celestine name her baby?
5. Where do Celestine, Dot, and Karl meet for breakfast in chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sita's house, as pictured in chapter 13.
2. How does Wallace Pfef find out about the relationship between Celestine and Karl?
3. What happens between Mary and Mrs. Shumway in chapter 10?
4. Why does the Christmas play in chapter 11 end prematurely?
5. Describe Sita's hallucination in chapter 8.
6. Describe Dot's appearance in costume as Joseph.
7. Describe Wallace Pfef's "poor dead sweetheart."
8. How does Mary normally behave during a children's party?
9. Why does Jude Miller come to Argus in chapter 14?
10. As discussed in chapter 8, why does Sita feel bad about her estrangement from the Catholic Church?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)