|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being considered for "North Dakota's Most Decorated Hero"?
(a) Wallace Pfef.
(b) Officer Daniel Lunt.
(c) Russell Kashpaw.
(d) Jimmy Bohl.
2. What item does Sita choose NOT to buy?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A house.
(c) A dress.
(d) A tea set.
3. Whom does Karl meet in chapter 4?
(b) Jude Miller.
(d) Russell Kashpaw.
4. What is the name of Catherine Miller's baby?
5. Who becomes Mary's best friend in chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police officer mentioned in chapter 6?
2. To what is the train compared in the beginning of chapter 1?
3. What does Mary give Sita at the end of chapter 7?
4. Where is Wallace Pfef from?
5. What chases Karl in "The Branch"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mary's one attempt at romance.
2. Describe the appearance of the pawn shop and the objects Sita buys there in chapter 5.
3. Why does Mary give Sita the sewing machine in chapter 7?
4. Describe Celestine's appearance, as related in chapter 2.
5. Describe the children's experience on the train in "The Branch."
6. How does The Air Seeder work?
7. Why does Karl make a note of the change on the table in chapter 6 when he and Wallace Pfef are having drinks?
8. Describe the appearance of Omar and Adelaide at the end of chapter 3.
9. Explain the relationship between Mr. Ober and Mary's family, as well as the effects his death has on them.
10. Why does Russell Kashpaw dislike Karl?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)