|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is Karl lying in the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) A haystack.
(c) His bed.
2. From what part of the cow does the cow's diamond come?
3. What crop do Wallace Pfef and the police officer discuss?
4. What does Karl eat on the train in the second part of chapter 1?
(a) A small pizza.
(d) A hot dog.
5. Who moves south in chapter 4?
(b) Fritzie and Pete.
(d) Russell Kashpaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmy's pet name for Sita?
2. What is the name of Adelaide's pilot-companion?
3. What is the name of the person who rescues Karl?
4. Whose face does Mary see in the ice?
5. What chases Karl in "The Branch"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Martin Miller keep Mary's baby brother?
2. Describe the appearance of the pawn shop and the objects Sita buys there in chapter 5.
3. Why does Karl make a note of the change on the table in chapter 6 when he and Wallace Pfef are having drinks?
4. How does Karl act when he meets Jude Miller? Why?
5. In "The Branch," why do the children come to Argus?
6. What happens to Fritzie's health in chapter 4? How does she change afterward?
7. How does Sita feel when Pete gives Mary the cow's diamond? Why?
8. Explain the town's reaction to Mary's accident in the ice in chapter 2.
9. Describe Argus, as pictured in "The Branch."
10. Describe Wallace Pfef's vision for the sugar beet, as described in chapter 6?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)