|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite Dot's story to Mary in chapter 10, where is the "naughty box"?
(a) In the principal's office.
(b) In the hall.
(c) Behind the teacher's desk.
(d) On the chalkboard.
2. What does Mary find in Sita's flour canister?
(c) Meal worms.
(d) Nuts and bolts.
3. Who almost dies at the end of chapter 13?
(b) Wallace Pfef.
(d) Russell Kashpaw.
4. With what is Louis experimenting in chapter 8?
(b) Air currents.
5. How old is Dot at the beginning of chapter 11?
6. Whom does Wallace Pfef blame for Sita's mental health problems?
7. What does Celestine use to groom Karl's nails?
(a) A knife.
(b) A nail file.
(c) Nail clippers.
8. What do Mary and Celestine have for a midnight snack in chapter 11?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Bread and butter, and coffee.
(c) Headcheese and summer sausage.
(d) Ham sandwiches.
9. What kind of car is Karl driving in chapter 15?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Pontiac.
(d) A Plymouth.
10. Which character is portrayed as enraged in "The Birdorama" in chapter 11?
(a) Eli Kashpaw.
(d) Fleur Pillager.
11. What does Celestine put in her Jell-O salad?
(b) Iron filings.
(c) Nuts and bolts.
12. What creature does Celestine see in the baby's hair at the end of chapter 9?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A spider.
(c) An ant.
(d) A ladybug.
13. In Sita's hallucination, who sinks into the ground?
14. Russell Kashpaw discovers that who is pregnant?
15. Who dunks Wallace Pfef in the dunk tank?
(a) The county auditor.
(d) The mayor of Argus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wallace Pfef's favorite butcher shop employee?
2. Who gives Celestine's baby the nickname Dot?
3. What book is Karl carrying in chapter 8 when he visits Sita?
4. What does Celestine take to eat when she visits Russell Kashpaw in chapter 10?
5. Who is the main character of the last section of chapter 11, "The Birdorama"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)