|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russell Kashpaw keeps a lock on his shack so that which person can't enter?
(b) Fleur Pillager.
2. What is the setting of chapter 10 called "Sita's Night"?
(a) A spa.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A prison.
3. What pest is repelled by smoke?
(a) Fire ants.
(b) Honey bees.
4. What does Celestine name her baby?
5. Who is Wallace Pfef's favorite butcher shop employee?
6. What kind of car is Karl driving in chapter 15?
(a) A Plymouth.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Pontiac.
(d) A Toyota.
7. Which is NOT a queen in Argus?
(a) Snow Queen.
(b) Corn Queen.
(c) Homecoming Queen.
(d) Beet Queen.
8. How old is Dot at the beginning of chapter 11?
9. What object does Karl keep through all his moves?
(a) A stereo.
(b) His records.
(c) His collection of Dickens novels.
(d) A China dish.
10. Whom does Sita marry?
(a) Giles Saint Ambrose.
(b) Wallace Pfef.
11. Sita reports in chapter 13 that she gave the sewing machine to whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The worker from the Salvation Army.
(c) The Grinnes.
(d) The Johnsons.
12. What is the name of the hotel mentioned in chapter 11?
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) The Argus All-Nighter.
(c) The Fox.
(d) The Lion.
13. What stone is in the necklace Sita puts on in chapter 13?
(a) Blue zircon.
14. Who gives Dot a wheelchair in chapter 10?
(b) Eli Kashpaw.
(c) Russell Kashpaw.
15. What holiday does Wallace Pfef describe as "hard on a man alone"?
(a) Father's Day.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Karl and Celestine get married?
2. Who rescues Wallace Pfef from the dunk tank?
3. What does Mary report as burnt in the beginning of chapter 11?
4. When Karl asks if Dot has a father figure, whom does Celestine say it is?
5. In Sita's hallucination, who sinks into the ground?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)