|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Adelaide's pilot-companion?
2. Where is Wallace Pfef from?
(a) Sioux Falls.
3. What word sticks in Sita's brain during the ordination ceremony?
4. Who breaks the tree in "The Branch"?
5. From what part of the cow does the cow's diamond come?
6. How do the characters in the first paragraph of "The Branch" travel?
(a) By plane.
(b) In a car.
(c) By train.
(d) On foot.
7. What item does Sita choose NOT to buy?
(a) A tea set.
(b) A house.
(c) A dress.
(d) A necklace.
8. Where does Celestine work?
(a) The telephone company.
(b) The library.
(c) The school.
(d) Argus's bakery.
9. What color dress do Sita and Mary wear on the first day of school?
10. From whom does Mary receive a postcard in chapter 3?
11. What is the name of the pawn shop in chapter 5?
(b) Here Today Gone Tomorrow.
(d) You Break It, You Buy It.
12. What does Wallace Pfef buy from the butcher shop in chapter 7?
(a) A mutton leg.
(b) Olive loaf.
(c) Head cheese.
(d) A steak and some cheese.
13. On what is Karl lying in the beginning of chapter 3?
(b) A haystack.
(d) His bed.
14. In Mary's opinion, what is the most striking feature of the person she has romantic feelings for?
(a) His tattoos.
(b) His scars.
(c) His psoriasis.
(d) His lack of a right arm.
15. Where does Karl run at the end of "The Branch"?
(a) To the train.
(b) To Minneapolis.
(c) To his mother.
(d) To Fritzie's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being considered for "North Dakota's Most Decorated Hero"?
2. Who is the narrator of chapter 1?
3. What does Adelaide buy for Karl in chapter 1?
4. What can one see from the window of Karl's hotel room?
5. About whom does Karl fantasize in chapter 3?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)