|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the boy in the first paragraph of "The Branch"?
2. What word sticks in Sita's brain during the ordination ceremony?
3. What does Karl's rescuer use to hear trains?
(a) A hearing aid.
(c) A special boot attachment.
(d) A dog.
4. From what part of the cow does the cow's diamond come?
5. What can one see from the window of Karl's hotel room?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) The courtyard.
6. What is Mary's favorite topic of discussion?
7. According to chapter 3, what does Adelaide want to send Mary?
(a) Money for a car.
(b) A set of good knives.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) Money for college.
8. What is the name of the pawn shop in chapter 5?
(a) Here Today Gone Tomorrow.
(c) You Break It, You Buy It.
9. What is mentioned as a WPA project?
(a) An electric plant.
(b) A tunnel.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A highway.
10. Where is Wallace Pfef from?
(b) Sioux Falls.
11. Where do Sita's kidnappers leave her?
(a) On a reservation.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At the wedding reception.
(d) In Jimmy's garage.
12. What day does Sita hate?
13. What body part pains Karl the most in the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) His head.
(b) His feet.
(c) His back.
(d) His knees.
14. What color are Celestine's eyes?
15. Who is in the bar that Sita enters at the end of chapter 5?
(a) Russell Kashpaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Catherine Miller's baby?
2. How far do Karl and his rescuer travel daily in chapter 3?
3. Who dies in chapter 7?
4. To whom does Catherine Miller confess about the baby Jude, as discussed in chapter 5?
5. Which character in chapter 2 carries the cow's diamond for luck?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)