|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Karl not to be able to tell his rescuer what happened?
(b) A gag.
2. Who breaks the tree in "The Branch"?
3. What vehicle does Mary drive to Sita's restaurant opening?
(a) The butcher shop van.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) A Honda.
(d) Russell's motorcycle.
4. What is the name of the father of Karl and Mary?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Ober.
5. How far do Karl and his rescuer travel daily in chapter 3?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Less than two miles.
6. What is the name of Mary's teacher in chapter 2?
(a) Sister Hugo.
(b) Sister Francesca.
(c) Miss White.
(d) Mrs. Jennings.
7. Where does Celestine work?
(a) The school.
(b) Argus's bakery.
(c) The library.
(d) The telephone company.
8. What does Karl eat on the train in the second part of chapter 1?
(a) A hot dog.
(d) A small pizza.
9. What is the name of the fair to which the narrator goes in chapter 1?
(a) The Orphan's Picnic.
(b) The Minnesota State Fair.
(c) The Renaissance Festival.
(d) The Greater Sioux Falls Bazaar.
10. Who dies in chapter 7?
(d) Isabel Kashpaw.
11. What is the name of the person who rescues Karl?
(a) Fleur Pillager.
(b) Giles Saint Ambrose.
12. What is the name of the person whom Sita mentions as killing the chickens?
13. What crop do Wallace Pfef and the police officer discuss?
14. What is mentioned as a WPA project?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A highway.
(c) An electric plant.
(d) A tunnel.
15. Who is the only person towards whom Mary has romantic feelings?
(a) Giles Saint Ambrose.
(b) Wallace Pfef.
(c) Russell Kashpaw.
(d) Jude Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside Adelaide's blue box, according to chapter 2?
2. Whose menu catches on fire?
3. What is Mary's favorite topic of discussion?
4. What color dress do Sita and Mary wear on the first day of school?
5. According to Adelaide, what type of person chews gum?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)