|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 16, 1972.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is the setting of the beginning of chapter 6?
(b) Des Moines.
(d) San Diego.
2. Where does Celestine work?
(a) The library.
(b) The school.
(c) The telephone company.
(d) Argus's bakery.
3. From what did Wallace Pfef's "poor dead sweetheart" die?
(c) Gastrointestinal problems.
4. Which citizen of Argus had been in the Miss North Dakota pageant?
(a) The waitress at Flickertail.
(b) The mayor's wife.
(c) Dot's gym teacher.
(d) The librarian.
5. In which state do the children look for their aunt?
(b) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Dot's story to Mary in chapter 10, where is the "naughty box"?
2. What is Mary's favorite topic of discussion?
3. What is the theme of the party thrown for Dot?
4. Which is NOT a queen in Argus?
5. Which character in chapter 2 carries the cow's diamond for luck?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)