1. What town is mentioned in the first sentence of "The Branch"?
2. How do the characters in the first paragraph of "The Branch" travel?
(a) By train.
(b) In a car.
(c) By plane.
(d) On foot.
3. How old is the boy in the first paragraph of "The Branch"?
4. How old is the girl in the first paragraph of "The Branch"?
5. What is the name of the aunt mentioned in "The Branch"?
6. In which state do the children look for their aunt?
(a) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
7. What kind of shop does the aunt own?
(a) Hardware store.
(b) Fabric shop.
(d) Butcher shop.
8. Who breaks the tree in "The Branch"?
9. What chases Karl in "The Branch"?
(a) A man with a rifle.
(b) A dog.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A bear.
10. What happens to the damaged tree?
(a) It gets cut down.
(b) It bears fruit the following spring.
(c) It blows over in a storm.
(d) It contracts blight.
This section contains 3,052 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)