|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aaron once set fire to in the eighth grade?
2. What does Saul make for Eliza to celebrate her straight As?
3. Which of the following extra-curricular activities does Aaron claim to be involved in?
4. What does Aaron fake to prove to Saul he is going camping?
5. What does Saul offer Aaron before he leaves on his trip away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)