|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aaron call his new friend Chali in front of his father?
2. What odes lLiza do in this section that she knows her father would usually forbid?
3. What does Aaron vow to have by his eighteenth birthday?
4. What does Aaron begin to practice in his room at home?
5. How does Miriam break into the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What were the reasons for Saul and Miriam marrying? Why isn't their marriage working out? How is their marriage affecting their children?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)