|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aaron say he can't imagine talking to his friends about?
2. What word does Eliza spell wrong at the spelling bee contest at the end of the book?
3. What does Aaron cook Saul and Eliza for dinner?
4. What kind of training does Aaron want to have with the Hare Krishna's?
5. What does Miriam decide to return to stealing from in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is winning the spelling bee so important to Eliza? How does it change her life? In what way and why does this change prove not to completely positive? What do these changes express competition and academic pursuit?
Essay Topic 2
How has Saul's upbringing affects the decisions he makes and how he brings up his own children? In what way does he repeat his father's mistakes?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Aaron feel the need to reject his father's teachings? How will this rejection effect his relationship with his father?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)