|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sinna Bhagudor start helping out Eliza in this section?
2. What is Eliza caught doing in Ms. Bergermeyer's class?
3. What kind of Christian church does Aaron visit in this section?
4. What is the name of number 24?
5. What does Saul start collecting in celebration of his daughter's spelling Bee victory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Miriam sexual voracity causing problems for Saul in this section?
2. What does Mariam look like when she comes down for dinner?
3. Why is the kaleidoscope so important to Miriam?
4. How does Aaron start to become more involved with the Hare Krishna temple?
5. What problems are starting to occur in Miriam and Saul's marriage?
6. What does the Miriam's storage space tell Saul about the life his wife has been leading?
7. How does Saul react to Eliza winning the first spelling bee contest?
8. How dd Miriam's parent's death affect her?
9. When does Miriam first discover the word perfectimundo?
10. In what does Aaron show how much Hare Krishna has effected him in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How has Saul's upbringing affects the decisions he makes and how he brings up his own children? In what way does he repeat his father's mistakes?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Hare Krishna religion appeal to Aaron? What was it about the other religions that he didn't like? How do you think Aaron's religious ideas will develop in the future?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)