|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Saul's pet name for Miriam?
2. What does Miriam steal from a house at the end of this section?
3. What does Aaron hate his father doing while he is driving?
4. What was the first item Miriam stole?
5. How does Sinna Bhagudor start helping out Eliza in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did both Miriam and Saul decide they were a good fit for one another?
2. What does Eliza feel about studying from the dictionary?
3. Why does Miriam decide against stealing from the second house in this section?
4. How does Miriam feel as she breaks into the house to steal the ashtray?
5. What was the first lie that Aaron ever told his father?
6. Describe Miriam's first experience of stealing from a store.
7. What does Mariam look like when she comes down for dinner?
8. What is Aaron's initial opinion of the Hare Krishna religion?
9. What does Saul's study represent in context to the story?
10. What was Saul's relationship like with his father Hank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
How has Saul's upbringing affects the decisions he makes and how he brings up his own children? In what way does he repeat his father's mistakes?
Essay Topic 3
What were the reasons for Saul and Miriam marrying? Why isn't their marriage working out? How is their marriage affecting their children?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)