|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miriam steal from a house at the end of this section?
2. In which of the following subjects does Eliza achieve an A?
3. Why does Aaron struggle with the Christian religion?
4. What is Miriam Naumann in human form?
5. What is the name of the program that Saul wants his daughter to be placed in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miriam think Tikkun Olam means?
2. What does the word perfectimundo symbolize?
3. How does Eliza and her family react to losing the spelling contest?
4. What does Eliza begin fantacizing about in this section?
5. What problem did Miriam mother's have with children?
6. How does the concept of Permutations help Eliza?
7. How does Aaron when Saul tells him what has happened to his mother?
8. How does Miriam make it easier for herself to steal things?
9. How does Aaron meet Chali?
10. Why is the kaleidoscope so important to Miriam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the Hare Krishna religion appeal to Aaron? What was it about the other religions that he didn't like? How do you think Aaron's religious ideas will develop in the future?
Essay Topic 2
How does his parents withholding his Jewish identity affect Saul in his later life? Why do did his parents withhold their true identity from him? How different would his character have been if he knew his Jewish identity?
Essay Topic 3
Why is winning the spelling bee so important to Eliza? How does it change her life? In what way and why does this change prove not to completely positive? What do these changes express competition and academic pursuit?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)