|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza think the spelling bee test will amplify?
2. What does Eliza start sleeping with under her pillow?
3. Which of Saul's suggestions start to frustrate Eliza during the competition?
4. Where does the national spelling bee take place?
5. What does Aaron often save Eliza from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the word perfectimundo symbolize?
2. How does Aaron cover the fact that he is going to the temple?
3. How does the Hare Krishna chanting begin to help Aaron?
4. What does Eliza begin fantacizing about in this section?
5. How does Saul react to Eliza winning the first spelling bee contest?
6. Why did both Miriam and Saul decide they were a good fit for one another?
7. How dd Miriam's parent's death affect her?
8. Why does Aaron feel rejected by his father in this section?
9. What religious and spiritual awakening does Saul experience at his wedding?
10. How does Miriam hurt her head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Hare Krishna religion different to Judaism?Why is this difference so attractive to Aaron?
Essay Topic 2
Why is winning the spelling bee so important to Eliza? How does it change her life? In what way and why does this change prove not to completely positive? What do these changes express competition and academic pursuit?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Hare Krishna religion appeal to Aaron? What was it about the other religions that he didn't like? How do you think Aaron's religious ideas will develop in the future?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)