|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miriam study her dictionary?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The bottom of the garden.
(c) The attic.
(d) Her father's study.
2. What does Aaron say he once wet his pants at the sight of?
(a) His dead grandfather.
(b) The headmaster.
(c) His naked mother.
(d) The school bullies.
3. What is Eliza trying to feel when she hugs Miriam's gift to her face?
(a) Miriam's smell.
(b) Miriam's aura.
(c) The happiness Miriam once felt.
(d) The letters of Miriam's name.
4. What makes Miriam seem electric?
(a) Her long tongue.
(b) Her pointed ears.
(c) Her silver hair.
(d) Her blue eyes.
5. Where does Miriam rediscover her favorite word?
(a) In a kaleidoscope.
(b) In Eliza.
(c) In her marriage.
(d) In a telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who call Eliza a stuck up snob?
2. Why does Aaron stop playing the guitar?
3. What were Marvin and Billy grinding into Aaron's chest?
4. What gift does Miriam present Eliza with?
5. What does Tikkan Olam mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eliza think she is different from her family before she wins the spelling bee contest?
2. What secrets do Aaron and Eliza share with each other in this section?
3. In what does Aaron show how much Hare Krishna has effected him in this section?
4. What does Eliza feel about studying from the dictionary?
5. What was the first lie that Aaron ever told his father?
6. How does Aaron start to become more involved with the Hare Krishna temple?
7. What was Saul's relationship like with his father Hank?
8. What does Miriam think Tikkun Olam means?
9. Describe Saul's visit with Mariam at the hospital?
10. How does the Hare Krishna chanting begin to help Aaron?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)