|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jared say his reading group is reading excerpts from?
(a) The Postman.
(b) The Regal.
(c) The cannon.
(d) The Plumber.
2. What does Aaron often save Eliza from?
(a) Darth Vader.
(b) Bad dreams.
(d) Alien monsters.
3. Why was Miriam's mother reluctant to interact with Miriam?
(a) She was scared of Miriam's temper.
(b) She was worried she may die like her other children.
(c) Miraim was always ill with something.
(d) Miriam always screamed as soon as she got near.
4. Which of Saul's suggestions start to frustrate Eliza during the competition?
(a) Let the letters show you where to go.
(b) Touch the letters before you speak them.
(c) Always smile at the judge before you answer.
(d) Answer immediately and without thinking.
5. How does Sinna Bhagudor start helping out Eliza in this section?
(a) By helping her practice for the spelling bee contest.
(b) By saving her a seat in the lunchroom.
(c) By pushing away the people who want to bully her.
(d) By lending her money for a bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rabbi Mayer present Aaron on behalf of his congregation?
2. What does Saul chide Aaron for when Saul knocks on the study door?
3. What gift does Miriam present Eliza with?
4. What is the smallest room in Eliza's house?
5. What is the name of the stray that hangs around the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eliza react when Miriam gives her a blouse to wear at the spelling contest?
2. How do the other children react to Eliza winning the spelling bee contest?
3. How does Saul react when he finds out Aaron has joined the Hare Krishnas?
4. How does Abulafia's books help Eliza?
5. Describe Saul's relationship with his children at the beginning of this book?
6. What problem did Miriam mother's have with children?
7. How does Aaron when Saul tells him what has happened to his mother?
8. How does Aaron meet Chali?
9. What problems is Saul experiencing with both of his children in this section?
10. How does the Hare Krishna chanting begin to help Aaron?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)