|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam Lubinsky have a date with?
(a) Jewish prayer books.
(b) Jewish manhood.
(c) A bible instructor.
(d) A driving instructor.
2. Where does the national spelling bee take place?
(b) Washington DC.
(d) New York.
3. What does the red-hair girl's whispered mantra sound like to Eliza?
(a) Blow me down, blow me down
(b) Funny bones, funny bones.
(c) Little pigs, little pigs.
(d) Mr bear, my my bear.
4. What does Saul start collecting in celebration of his daughter's spelling Bee victory?
(a) Difficult words.
(b) Videos of old spelling bee contests.
(c) Articles that mention her victory.
(d) Old dictionaries.
5. What did Saul lure Miriam with?
(a) His patience.
(b) His blue eyes.
(c) His constancy.
(d) His cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eliza's father's religious faith?
2. Why was Miriam's mother reluctant to interact with Miriam?
3. What does Ms. Rai growl when she brings down the gavel?
4. What does Aaron say he has not felt in his three years since his Bar Mitzvah?
5. What opens up a new universe for Eliza?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miriam hurt her head?
2. Describe Miriam's relationship with her children at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Aaron cover the fact that he is going to the temple?
4. Describe Aaron and Eliza's relationship?
5. Why does Aaron feel rejected by his father in this section?
6. How does Aaron start to become more involved with the Hare Krishna temple?
7. When does Miriam first discover the word perfectimundo?
8. How does Eliza think she is different from her family before she wins the spelling bee contest?
9. What religious and spiritual awakening does Saul experience at his wedding?
10. Describe Saul's visit with Mariam at the hospital?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)