|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Saul's mother's box of photos teach him?
2. What is Eliza the official spotter of while her brother is driving?
(a) Designer clothes.
(b) Alien monsters.
(c) Sport cars.
(d) Attractive girls.
3. What opens up a new universe for Eliza?
(a) Her father's study.
(b) Her brother's disappearnce.
(c) The dictionary.
(d) Her new found popularity.
4. What does Ms. Rai growl when she brings down the gavel?
(a) Sit down.
5. What does Adam Lubinsky have a date with?
(a) Jewish prayer books.
(b) Jewish manhood.
(c) A driving instructor.
(d) A bible instructor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who call Eliza a stuck up snob?
2. What is the name of the program that Saul wants his daughter to be placed in?
3. What word is full of possibility?
4. What does Eliza think makes spelling redundant?
5. What household duties does Saul handle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miriam's relationship with her children at the beginning of the book?
2. Why is the kaleidoscope so important to Miriam?
3. How does Eliza react when Miriam gives her a blouse to wear at the spelling contest?
4. What does Eliza remember seeing happening to her brother when she was in kindergarten?
5. What does Eliza feel about the picture of her family in the newspaper?
6. How does Saul react when he finds out Aaron has joined the Hare Krishnas?
7. Describe Saul's relationship with his children at the beginning of this book?
8. Describe Aaron's first experience at a Catholic Church.
9. How does Aaron start to become more involved with the Hare Krishna temple?
10. How does Saul react to Eliza winning the first spelling bee contest?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)