|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Miriam when she breaks into the house through the garage door?
(a) A cat.
(b) An automatic light.
(c) A small child.
(d) A dog.
2. What does Aaron vow to have by his eighteenth birthday?
(a) His own car.
(b) A hare krishna gown.
(c) His own house.
(d) A spiritual name.
3. What does Aaron call his new friend Chali in front of his father?
4. What does Aaron shout as he dances with the others in the Hare Krishna temple?
(a) Love and peace.
(b) God's name.
(c) Life and happiness.
(d) His own name.
5. What does Saul tease Aaron about when he tells him about meeting Charlie?
(a) Going on a date with a girl.
(b) Forming a band.
(c) Being friends with a vegan.
(d) Hare Krishna.
6. What does Saul make for Eliza to celebrate her straight As?
(a) A cake.
(b) A milkshake.
(c) A steak dinner.
(d) A card.
7. What is the name of the hospital Miriam is at?
8. What does Mariam smell like when she comes down to dinner?
(a) Like she has been sleeping in a dog kennel.
(b) Like she has been sorting through garbage.
(c) Like she has been washing herself in swamp.
(d) Like she has been rolling in horse manure.
9. What is shefa in Hebrew?
(a) Hearing God say your name.
(b) Total communion with God.
(c) An Israeli pastry.
(d) A Israeli kebab.
10. What word does Eliza spell wrong at the spelling bee contest at the end of the book?
11. What does Mariam take from the house?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A coin.
(c) An ashtray.
(d) A plate.
12. What is the name of the temple that Aaron attends?
13. What does Aaron decide to become in this section?
(a) A vegetarian.
(b) A vegan.
(c) A social worker.
(d) An activist.
14. What does Aaron cook Saul and Eliza for dinner?
(a) Chickpeas and zuccini.
(b) Pizza and garlic bread.
(c) Burgers and fries.
(d) Mushroom pie.
15. What does Aaron try to explain to Eliza about Hare Krishna that causes her to lash out?
(c) Muliple Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the club that Aaron tells his father he is going camping with?
2. What does Miriam think she has inherited from her parents?
3. What does Miriam decide to return to stealing from in this section?
4. What is Eliza watching on TV when she comes to the realization her father is right?
5. What did Aaron once set fire to in the eighth grade?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)