|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the family receiving money if Miriam wasn't working?
(a) Her parent's trust fund.
(b) Social benefits.
(c) Sick pay.
(d) Redundancy pay.
2. How does Aaron react to what Saul tells him about Mariam?
(a) He destroys Saul's study.
(b) He faints.
(c) He runs out of the house.
(d) He slaps him.
3. What is the name of the hospital Miriam is at?
4. What word does Eliza spell wrong at the spelling bee contest at the end of the book?
5. What does Aaron call his new friend Chali in front of his father?
6. How does Miriam break into the house?
(a) She climbs through the window.
(b) She breaks down the door.
(c) She breaks into the basement.
(d) She opens the garage door.
7. What does Saul tell Aaron that Mariam was arrested for?
8. What will happen of the same day Aaron has been invited by Chali to a religious service?
(a) Saul will be leading prayers at the synagogue.
(b) Eliza and Saul will return from DC.
(c) Aaron will have to leave for college.
(d) Miriam will celebrate her birthday.
9. Who does Saul decide it is time for Eliza to meet in this section?
(a) Abraham Zaheer.
(b) Saul Cohen.
(c) Abraham Abulafia.
(d) Saul Bass.
10. What does Miriam refuse to discuss with Saul in this section?
(a) Her obsession with stealing.
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her sexual compulsiveness.
(d) Where she has been.
11. What does Miriam think she has inherited from her parents?
(a) Their sense of humor.
(b) Their eccentricities.
(c) Their love for life.
(d) Their intelligence.
12. What dead animal does Miriam see in the house she enters in this section?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A canary.
(d) A parrot.
13. What does Saul introduce Eliza to the concept of in this section?
14. What does Aaron consider continuing with his father in this section?
(a) Guitar practice.
(c) Cooking class.
(d) Hewbrew practise.
15. What does Miriam decide to return to stealing from in this section?
(c) Old people's homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aaron accuse Saul about lying about?
2. What religion is Aaron's new friend Chali?
3. What is a pujari?
4. What surprises Miriam when she breaks into the house through the garage door?
5. What is Eliza preparing herself to hear after she has finished reading the next book by Abulafia?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)