|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following subjects does Eliza achieve an A?
(c) Work habits.
2. What does Miriam steal from a house at the end of this section?
(a) A gold chain.
(b) A blue ceramic dish.
(c) A blue vase.
(d) A diamond earring.
3. What did Saul discover at the same time as LSD?
(a) Jewish mysticism.
(c) The Beatles.
4. What was the donkey in Eliza favorite bedtime story turned into?
5. What is Eliza caught doing in Ms. Bergermeyer's class?
(a) Writing notes to boys.
(b) Practicing for the spelling bee.
(d) Drawing over her exercise book.
6. What kind of Christian church does Aaron visit in this section?
(a) A Catholic Church.
(b) A Mormon Church.
(c) A Baptist Church.
(d) A Methodist Church.
7. What makes Miriam seem electric?
(a) Her silver hair.
(b) Her long tongue.
(c) Her blue eyes.
(d) Her pointed ears.
8. What is Eliza trying to feel when she hugs Miriam's gift to her face?
(a) Miriam's smell.
(b) Miriam's aura.
(c) The happiness Miriam once felt.
(d) The letters of Miriam's name.
9. Which of Saul's suggestions start to frustrate Eliza during the competition?
(a) Let the letters show you where to go.
(b) Answer immediately and without thinking.
(c) Touch the letters before you speak them.
(d) Always smile at the judge before you answer.
10. Which of the following words does Eliza have to spell at the competition?
11. Why does Miriam regret giving Eliza the gift?
(a) She doesn't appreciate its beauty.
(b) She loves it too much.
(c) She breaks it.
(d) She is disappointed with it.
12. How does Melanie Turpin spell tomorrow?
13. What was the first item Miriam stole?
(a) A book.
(b) A blue vase.
(c) A pink rubber ball.
(d) A tennis racket.
14. What does the Dutch governess give Miriam for her birthday?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A laptop.
(d) A crucifix.
15. What reason does Aaron give Eliza for no longer playing the guitar?
(a) He has no talent for music.
(b) He wants to play another instrument.
(c) He wants to punish their father.
(d) He is being teased at school for his poor playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the program that Saul wants his daughter to be placed in?
2. Where does the national spelling bee take place?
3. What does Saul buy for Eliza to hep her win the spelling bee contest?
4. What does the author say Saul's arms look like when he leads prayers?
5. What kind of game does Eliza think the day has become?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)