|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Miriam present Eliza with?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A blouse.
(d) A telescope.
2. What is Saul's pet name for Miriam?
(a) Hidden pear.
(b) Miss July.
(c) Apple cheeks.
3. What word did Saul's mother's box of photos teach him?
4. What is the name of the stray that hangs around the school?
(d) Hard Boy.
5. Who call Eliza a stuck up snob?
6. What is Miriam Naumann in human form?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A canary.
(c) A lioness.
(d) A white dove.
7. What does the author say Saul's arms look like when he leads prayers?
(a) Robotic arms.
(d) Tree stumps.
8. How does Sinna Bhagudor start helping out Eliza in this section?
(a) By pushing away the people who want to bully her.
(b) By lending her money for a bus.
(c) By helping her practice for the spelling bee contest.
(d) By saving her a seat in the lunchroom.
9. Where does Miriam rediscover her favorite word?
(a) In a telescope.
(b) In her marriage.
(c) In a kaleidoscope.
(d) In Eliza.
10. What is Eliza trying to feel when she hugs Miriam's gift to her face?
(a) Miriam's smell.
(b) The happiness Miriam once felt.
(c) The letters of Miriam's name.
(d) Miriam's aura.
11. What religion does Aaron decide to research after looking into Christianity?
12. What does every teacher tell every child to do at precisely 11 am at McKinley Elementary School?
(a) To stand.
(b) To call their parents.
(c) To start work.
(d) To sit.
13. Which of Saul's suggestions start to frustrate Eliza during the competition?
(a) Always smile at the judge before you answer.
(b) Let the letters show you where to go.
(c) Touch the letters before you speak them.
(d) Answer immediately and without thinking.
14. What does Eliza's cursive Q look like?
(a) A question mark.
(b) A pig's behind.
(c) The number two.
(d) A speech bubble.
15. What is the name of the game Eliza and Aaron claim to have invented?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miriam study her dictionary?
2. What opens up a new universe for Eliza?
3. What does Saul chide Aaron for when Saul knocks on the study door?
4. Who are the only people who get to see the picture of Dr. Morris' child?
5. What does Eliza think makes spelling redundant?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)