|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul become co-dependent on to help his self-esteem?
2. Paul's time with Betsy feels like what to him?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A big fat lie.
(c) A romance movie.
(d) A Greek dramedy.
3. Who does Paul meet to travel Italy?
(a) David from Yale.
(b) Betsy from Paris.
(c) Star from Yale.
(d) Francis from Andover.
4. As soon as Paul finishes sex with the Navy man, how does he feel?
(c) As if he's on cloud nine.
5. Where does Paul live immediately after college?
(a) In an apartment with a fellow Yalie.
(b) A cabin outside of New Haven.
(d) Back at Andover with his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul try out at Cantwell's suggestion?
2. What is special about Bill?
3. What does Paul focus on his senior year at Yale?
4. Paul surprisingly does what on Bastille Day?
5. Paul gets into what dangerous situation in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul's life situation in the immediate year post-college? How does he feel about his situation? How do his parents feel about the situation?
2. Paul describes walking away as important in interior decorating. Why is it important to be able to walk away? How is this the life of the high Bohemian? How does this match Paul's personality?
3. Although many of Paul's friends die due to AIDS and he expects the same ending, what he Paul happy about?
4. Paul goes to see "Boys in the Band." What is his reaction to the movie and the surroundings in which he sees the movie?
5. What "new suit for the emperor" does Paul try out in his new life at Canton?
6. What is Cantwell's theory on why Paul seeks approval? How does Paul feel about it?
7. Compare and contrast Paul's life and role between Sutton Hill and Canton Academy. Which seems more fitting for Paul? In what way?
8. What causes Paul to react the way he does with the Navy man after sex?
9. What Experience is Paul looking for in Europe? What are some examples of his Experience?
10. What moment does Paul recall on the beach one December day as he skips stones? Why is this memory important?
This section contains 1,556 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)