|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reality does Paul face the night he spends in New York with Cody?
(a) Cody and Natalie are engaged.
(b) Their friendship will never be the same.
(c) Paul will never love anyone as much.
(d) Cody always knew about Paul's feelings.
2. Who is Paul's main friend as a child?
(b) No one.
3. How does Paul feel about his situation with Kite?
(a) It is secretive but exciting.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He automatically feels there is something wrong and different.
(d) He feels like a rebel.
4. What comfortable bonding opportunities does Paul have with his father?
(a) Watching sports.
(b) Going fishing.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Going to work with his father.
5. What is Paul's relationship with Sean and Jake by the end of their first summer?
(a) The closest Paul has ever felt in a male friendship.
(b) Sean and Jake are both annoyed by Paul.
(c) Paul has a maddening crush on Sean.
(d) Paul is jealous of Jake and Sean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raf mistake Paul for?
2. What does Stratford Road bring into Paul's life?
3. Why does Paul choose Elihu?
4. Monette accuses which two public figures of being in the closet?
5. What is Paul's biggest relief by graduation day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul's religious education and background. What are his personal feelings about it? What particular memory does he mention that shows how he feels about God?
2. What happens by the end of 8th grade that makes Paul more determined to hide his homosexuality? What is Paul's reaction to this event?
3. Even after befriending gays in the theatre troupe why does Paul feel the need to continue to stay in the closet?
4. Describe Paul's social life in 7th grade. What does he do to make and keep friends?
5. Find three words to describe Paul's high school years. Refer to examples.
6. What does Bobby's education consist of? How does he show appreciation for the Marland sisters many years later?
7. Although Paul admires Cody, how is this relationship yet again one-sided? How does Paul place greater importance on popularity than friendship?
8. How does Paul change as soon as he attends college?
9. What qualities/characteristics attracts Paul to Kite? How does his upbringing influence his attraction to Kite?
10. By whom and how are the Apollos revered at Philips?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)