|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul not kiss Richie?
(a) Paul does not like Richie romantically.
(b) It shows romantic feelings that Paul is not ready to show.
(c) Paul does not know how and is self-conscious.
(d) It will prove to all the boys in the club he is really gay.
2. Who is the object of Paul's fetish?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Liz Taylor.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Audra Hepburn.
3. What guidance is available to Big Paul and Jackie as they raise Bobby?
(a) A church.
(c) Counseling groups.
(d) The neighbors.
4. What does Paul turn to in order to be popular?
(b) Idle gossip.
(d) Making fun of others.
5. How old is Monette as he writes his autobiography "Becoming a Man: Half a Life Story?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul feel about Mrs. Rumsfield's remark "Paul is perfect" on his report card?
2. From the following, what opportunity does Paul get from Yale?
3. What does Paul vow after feeling betrayed by a friend?
4. What does Stratford Road bring into Paul's life?
5. Why is it surprising Bobby makes it to high school and college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Paul and Kite's relationship to Paul and Richie's relationship.
2. Paul Monette follows what theory in regards to homosexuality? Explain the theory.
3. Although Paul admires Cody, how is this relationship yet again one-sided? How does Paul place greater importance on popularity than friendship?
4. Describe Bobby's character and how he manages his medical condition. How does Paul feel about Bobby and his capabilities?
5. How does Paul change as soon as he attends college?
6. What is Paul's reaction and determination as Sean spends more time with alone or with Amy during summer break in California?
7. By whom and how are the Apollos revered at Philips?
8. How does Paul relate to Jarrel's poem "The Woman at the Washington Zoo?"
9. How is the Andover Spa a good place for Paul?
10. What qualities/characteristics attracts Paul to Kite? How does his upbringing influence his attraction to Kite?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)