|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul's advisor think of him?
(a) Paul has lots of potential.
(b) Paul needs to grow up.
(c) Paul is very smart.
(d) Paul can use a role model.
2. From the following, what opportunity does Paul get from Yale?
(a) A lead role in an annual play.
(b) An internship at the Smithsonian.
(c) To be a Teacher Fellow for Dr. Paoletti.
(d) A trip to England with a scholarship.
3. Who is Paul's main friend as a child?
(c) No one.
4. Why is Bobby separated from his family for three months?
(a) He goes to St. Jude's for rehabilitation.
(b) He stays at a summer camp exclusive to kids with Spina bifida.
(c) He goes to Shriner's Hospital for rehabilitation.
(d) He stays with his grandfather's sisters in Montreal for intense prayer.
5. What is Paul hoping will happen in Europe?
(a) To be able to fit in without trying too hard.
(b) He will find himself.
(c) To meet with old friends and renew old bonds.
(d) He will be openly gay.
6. Which teacher does Paul respect most for his intellect?
(a) Dr. Rohmer.
(b) Mr. Fitts.
(c) Mr. Paoletti.
(d) Mr. Nindle.
7. What causes Paul to feel guilty about his relationship with Kite?
(a) He feels he let his father down.
(b) He feels he let Toby down.
(c) He feels he let Bobby down.
(d) He feels he let Joyce down.
8. Paul makes friends with whom his freshman year?
(a) Kelly and Joanne.
(b) Gene and Francis.
(c) Gene and Frank.
(d) Francis and Philip.
9. How old is Monette as he writes his autobiography "Becoming a Man: Half a Life Story?"
10. How old is Paul when he is first introduced to sexual experiences?
11. What makes Paul feel guilty for his acceptance to the three Ivy League schools he applies to?
(a) Bobby's inability to even have a chance to apply.
(b) He lied on his application.
(c) Roger's lack of acceptance.
(d) His taking a space away from a Dionysus.
12. What beginning signs does Paul believe indicates his homosexuality?
(a) His fascinations with paper dolls and mother's heels.
(b) His preference to play with Joyce and other girls.
(c) His love for fashion at a young age.
(d) How he loves to play with his mother's hair.
13. What is Paul's biggest relief by graduation day?
(a) He passes as straight throughout high school.
(b) He goes through high school without ever being beaten up.
(c) He is able to leave Andover soon.
(d) This is his chance to reveal the truth to everyone.
14. What is Paul's first impression of Bobby in the bassinet?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He is nothing to fawn over.
(c) He is lovely.
(d) He is awkward.
15. What does Paul compare the Andover Spa to?
(b) The Colosseum.
(c) A farmer's market.
(d) An agora.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only thing Paul recalls about his body from his middle years is __________.
2. What does Raf mistake Paul for?
3. What award does Paul get in seventh grade?
4. How does Lois and Paul's friendship change him?
5. Whom does Paul call the "deviants?"
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)