|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul and others on scholarship are required to what additional duty?
(a) Participate in a club in addition to regular classes.
(b) Take AP and Honors classes only.
(c) Help teachers after school.
(d) Four hours of work.
2. What theme is seen again as Paul holds a drunk Cody in his arms?
(a) The savior role.
(b) The courtier role.
(c) Unrequited love.
(d) Cody taking advantage of Paul's feelings for him.
3. Paul feels his entrance to Philips is the reverse of what movie?
(b) Beauty and the Beast.
(c) Ferris Beuller's Day Off.
(d) Wizard of Oz.
4. What is Paul hoping will happen in Europe?
(a) He will be openly gay.
(b) To meet with old friends and renew old bonds.
(c) He will find himself.
(d) To be able to fit in without trying too hard.
5. By what age does Paul enter therapy?
6. Why is Paul attracted to Cody?
(a) His brooding artistic style.
(b) Cody encourages Paul whenever he is feeling down.
(c) Cody allows Paul to be open about his feelings.
(d) His Greek godliness.
7. In order to forgive, Monette must learn to do what first?
(b) Accept his sexuality.
(c) Not forget.
8. How old is Monette as he writes his autobiography "Becoming a Man: Half a Life Story?"
9. Who does the courtier role best work on?
10. What causes Paul to feel guilty about his relationship with Kite?
(a) He feels he let Joyce down.
(b) He feels he let his father down.
(c) He feels he let Bobby down.
(d) He feels he let Toby down.
11. Where does Paul like to study with his friends?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the park.
(c) The greenhouse.
(d) The graveyard.
12. What stops when Monette finally comes out of the closet?
13. How does Paul feel as Raf shows interest by loitering at the Andover Spa?
(b) Creeped out.
(c) Disconcerted but thrilled.
14. In Paul's junior year of college, what big thing does he try to be a part of?
(a) The annual play at Yale.
(b) A Senior Society.
(c) A member of the soccer team.
(d) A fraternity.
15. What does Stratford Road bring into Paul's life?
(a) Life in a less hardened world.
(b) A dog.
(c) Rich friends.
(d) More bullies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beginning signs does Paul believe indicates his homosexuality?
2. What shocking example does Paul recall that shows how the people of Andover feel about black people?
3. What characteristic makes a student second class?
4. Which one of the following is NOT true about Richie's club?
5. Who does Monette compare gays' plight to?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)