|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul vow after feeling betrayed by a friend?
(a) To end his secrets and be open about his sexual preference in high school.
(b) Not to be tempted by another man again.
(c) To seek revenge by spreading a dirty rumor.
(d) Not to trust anyone in his school again.
2. What thought runs through Paul's mind the night Kennedy dies?
(a) Relief he does not have to be sexual with a girl.
(b) Sad that if it can happen to Kennedy, it can happen to anyone.
(c) The generation of youth will cease.
(d) He is enamored by Walter Cronkite's reaction.
3. How does Paul collaborate with the enemy that makes fun of Jews?
(a) By adding to the jokes in order to belong.
(b) By ignoring their jokes.
(c) By targeting Jews to distract others from the topic of gay men.
(d) By laughing along to save himself.
4. While in high school, what does Paul dream of becoming as an adult?
(a) A Broadway star.
(b) A fiction writer.
(c) An architect.
(d) A screenwriter.
5. What does Vinnie keep calling Austin as he punches him?
6. What achievement does Paul acquire by the end of his sophomore year?
(a) He finally learns how to play soccer.
(b) He wins the Greek theater award.
(c) He wins the Latin Declamation contest.
(d) He wins a poetry contest.
7. What does Paul compare the Andover Spa to?
(a) The Colosseum.
(b) A farmer's market.
(c) An agora.
8. Why is Paul attracted to Cody?
(a) His Greek godliness.
(b) Cody encourages Paul whenever he is feeling down.
(c) Cody allows Paul to be open about his feelings.
(d) His brooding artistic style.
9. Which one of the following is NOT true about Richie's club?
(a) They play a game called "I dare you."
(b) They talk about girls while they play with one another.
(c) It is safe to express their true feelings about men to one another.
(d) They keep it raunchy.
10. What makes Paul feel guilty for his acceptance to the three Ivy League schools he applies to?
(a) Roger's lack of acceptance.
(b) Bobby's inability to even have a chance to apply.
(c) He lied on his application.
(d) His taking a space away from a Dionysus.
11. Paul and others on scholarship are required to what additional duty?
(a) Participate in a club in addition to regular classes.
(b) Help teachers after school.
(c) Take AP and Honors classes only.
(d) Four hours of work.
12. What comfortable bonding opportunities does Paul have with his father?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Going to work with his father.
(c) Going fishing.
(d) Watching sports.
13. Who is Paul's major influence in defining manhood?
(a) Nick and Stavros.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) The school.
14. The greeting Richie gives to Paul by the bleachers is with _________.
15. According to Paul, what is taught rather than innate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul's relationship with Sean and Jake by the end of their first summer?
2. How does Paul Monette feel about growing up gay?
3. How does Paul view Sean and Jake?
4. Which teacher does Paul respect most for his intellect?
5. Whom does Paul call the "deviants?"
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)