|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the courtier role best work on?
2. What opportunity does Paul see in Elihu?
(a) A greater chance of passing as straight.
(b) 14 new best friends.
(c) To meet more closet gays.
(d) Connections to the rich lifestyle.
3. Which teacher does Paul respect most for his intellect?
(a) Mr. Fitts.
(b) Dr. Rohmer.
(c) Mr. Nindle.
(d) Mr. Paoletti.
4. How does Paul view Sean and Jake?
(a) As an opportunity to be more than nothing.
(b) As intellectual competition.
(c) As west coast privileged preppies.
(d) As cold as the Apollos at Philips Academy.
5. What angst does Cody battle as he goes through college?
(a) The career-driven life and the artist in him.
(b) Natalie and Paul's need for attention.
(c) Addiction to drinking, smoking, and drugs.
(d) The meaning of a degree from Yale.
6. What does Raf mistake Paul for?
(a) A Dionysus.
(b) A woman.
(c) A boy prostitute.
(d) An grown adult.
7. How does Lois and Paul's friendship change him?
(a) Paul now has a taste for a life of riches.
(b) The friendship allows Paul to be free of Jake and Sean.
(c) Paul is closer to coming out of the closet than ever before.
(d) Paul is inspired to be a poet because of Lois.
8. In Paul's junior year of college, what big thing does he try to be a part of?
(a) A Senior Society.
(b) The annual play at Yale.
(c) A fraternity.
(d) A member of the soccer team.
9. What award does Paul get in seventh grade?
(a) Class clown.
(b) Spelling Bee champion.
(c) Most popular.
(d) Most likely to succeed.
10. Where does Paul like to study with his friends?
(a) In the park.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) In the library.
(d) The greenhouse.
11. What theme is seen again as Paul holds a drunk Cody in his arms?
(a) Cody taking advantage of Paul's feelings for him.
(b) Unrequited love.
(c) The savior role.
(d) The courtier role.
12. While in high school, what does Paul dream of becoming as an adult?
(a) A Broadway star.
(b) A screenwriter.
(c) An architect.
(d) A fiction writer.
13. What word choice is Monette aware of but feels the need to use?
(d) "Us" and "them."
14. What unlikely event does Grandmother Lamb do?
(c) Live by herself.
(d) Is an open lesbian.
15. How old is Paul when he is first introduced to sexual experiences?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Cody and Natalie are not on great terms, why is Paul jealous?
2. What scares Paul about going to college?
3. Paul makes friends with whom his freshman year?
4. How does Paul feel about his situation with Kite?
5. What goal does Paul have due to the bullying around school?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)