|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Harrison rate Konner's performance?
2. What caused RPTA for Konner?
3. What organ did Konner remove during his first autopsy?
4. How many deliveries did Konner perform in his last rotation?
5. How does Konner characterize the American medical industry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
2. What made John Brandt one of Konner's heroes?
3. What was Konner's experience with Big Red?
4. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
5. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
6. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
7. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
8. How does Konner characterize Dr. Greenspan, and the controversy Dr. Greenspan was embroiled in?
9. Describe Konner's conversation with the friend who wanted to apply to med school.
10. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Konner's book was published in 1987, before a lot of 'gene therapies' were explored and developed. How do you think Konner would respond to the new science of genetics, which tries to explain human behavior through genetic analysis?
Essay Topic 2
What is the true lesson Konner learns during his residency? Is it a medical lesson, or a life lesson? A style of writing he acquired, or a set of
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)