|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
3. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
4. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
5. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
2. How does Konner characterize pathology and its place in the spectrum of medical services?
3. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
4. What condition was patient Charlotte suffering from?
5. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
6. What does Konner say Dr. Suskauer recommended for delivering babies?
7. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
8. Who was Konner's first patient in gynecology?
9. How did Konner violate the rules of obstetrics under Chief Resident Caggiola?
10. What roles does Konner describe having written 'Becoming a Doctor' from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of 'Becoming a Doctor.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Does Konner gain or lose authority by not practicing medicine, and by returning instead to anthropology? What specifically does he gain, as he criticizes and portrays the medical system? What specifically does he lose by not practicing?
Essay Topic 3
What is the true lesson Konner learns during his residency? Is it a medical lesson, or a life lesson? A style of writing he acquired, or a set of
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)