|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
2. What was the patient outcome of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
3. How had Barb's midwife treated the condition that formed the complications?
4. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
5. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
2. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
3. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
4. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
5. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
6. What was Konner's experience with Big Red?
7. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
8. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
9. What condition was patient Charlotte suffering from?
10. What African ritual does Konner describe relative to birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
What is the true lesson Konner learns during his residency? Is it a medical lesson, or a life lesson? A style of writing he acquired, or a set of
Essay Topic 3
What would a medical school, or medical industry run along Konner's ideas look like? Would it be profitable? Would it be better or worse than the industry he was indoctrinated into? Does Konner offer his critiques for the purpose of designing a better system?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)