|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
2. Whose samples had been sent to the lab Konner was working in now?
3. How many deliveries did Konner perform in his last rotation?
4. How does Konner characterize Lily Corwin?
5. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
2. What roles does Konner describe having written 'Becoming a Doctor' from?
3. What does Konner say Dr. Suskauer recommended for delivering babies?
4. What condition was patient Charlotte suffering from?
5. What is RPTA, and how did it affect Konner?
6. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
7. How does Konner characterize Dr. Greenspan, and the controversy Dr. Greenspan was embroiled in?
8. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
9. How does Konner characterize the medical experience of working in obstetrics?
10. What controversy surrounded patient Geraldine's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What emotionally difficult experiences does he learn to handle, in his time in med school? What are his coping mechanisms? How does he deal, for instance, with the desire for profit among doctors and insurance companies? How does he deal with the bureaucratic complications in getting patients cared for? How does he deal with the problems of other people's personalities, and authorities?
Essay Topic 2
What is the true lesson Konner learns during his residency? Is it a medical lesson, or a life lesson? A style of writing he acquired, or a set of
Essay Topic 3
How does Konner balance scientific medicine against humanitarian interest in his experience as a medical student? How does his balance differ from or resemble the balance other medical students strike?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)