Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which point of view does Konner NOT take in his description of his time in med school?
2. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
3. How was Konner involved in the birth of Barbara and Stan's second child?
4. What was the patient outcome of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
5. What comment about Charlotte was red-penciled off her chart?
What is the true lesson Konner learns during his residency? Is it a medical lesson, or a life lesson? A style of writing he acquired, or a set of
What are the different narrative threads Konner weaves throughout 'Becoming a Doctor'? One is the simple chronological experience of med school. What developments take place, and how does Konner's personality, or how do his attitudes about medicine or illness or his own identity change throughout the course of the book? Where do these themes intersect? How are they developed?
Konner's book was published in 1987, before a lot of 'gene therapies' were explored and developed. How do you think Konner would respond to the new science of genetics, which tries to explain human behavior through genetic analysis?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)