Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
2. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
3. What could Konner do for Stan while Barb was suffering complications?
4. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
5. What comment about Charlotte was red-penciled off her chart?
Essay Topic 1
What are the qualities Konner admires in the doctors he works with? How do these doctors protect these traits in the profit-driven and pressure-driven hospital environment? How do they teach Konner and the other medical students to protect the human quality of medical care?
Essay Topic 2
Konner feels conflicted between psychoanalysis and psycho-pharmacology approaches to psychiatric treatment. How does he resolve this conflict within himself? What other conflicts does he feel, and how does he resolve them? Choose one and describe the reason for Konner's sense of self-conflict, as well as his method of resolving the conflict for himself.
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of 'Becoming a Doctor.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)