Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
2. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
3. What could Konner do for Stan while Barb was suffering complications?
4. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
5. What comment about Charlotte was red-penciled off her chart?
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the true lesson Konner learns during his residency? Is it a medical lesson, or a life lesson? A style of writing he acquired, or a set of
Essay Topic 3
What emotionally difficult experiences does he learn to handle, in his time in med school? What are his coping mechanisms? How does he deal, for instance, with the desire for profit among doctors and insurance companies? How does he deal with the bureaucratic complications in getting patients cared for? How does he deal with the problems of other people's personalities, and authorities?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)