Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
2. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
3. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
4. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
5. What interest did Konner's medical training have in common with his previous training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Konner's conversation with the friend who wanted to apply to med school.
2. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
3. What were Konner's reasons fro becoming a doctor?
4. What was Konner's experience in Africa, and what is its relation to Konner's current studies?
5. How does Konner say that Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrassed themselves?
6. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
7. How does Konner describe Gerald Edwards' brain surgery?
8. How does Konner say that he dealt with Bigelow, the street person?
9. Who was Konner's first patient in gynecology?
10. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
Essay Topic 1
What are the qualities Konner admires in the doctors he works with? How do these doctors protect these traits in the profit-driven and pressure-driven hospital environment? How do they teach Konner and the other medical students to protect the human quality of medical care?
Essay Topic 2
Does Konner gain or lose authority by not practicing medicine, and by returning instead to anthropology? What specifically does he gain, as he criticizes and portrays the medical system? What specifically does he lose by not practicing?
Essay Topic 3
What is the true lesson Konner learns during his residency? Is it a medical lesson, or a life lesson? A style of writing he acquired, or a set of
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)