|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is a rotation?
2. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
3. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
4. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
5. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
2. What was Konner's second experience in anesthesiology like?
3. How does Konner say that Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrassed themselves?
4. What African ritual does Konner describe relative to birth?
5. What was Konner's experience with shock therapy?
6. How does Konner characterize Howard Cullen's condition?
7. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
8. Describe Konner's last elective rotation.
9. What made John Brandt one of Konner's heroes?
10. What are Konner's feelings about surgery?
Essay Topic 1
What is the true lesson Konner learns during his residency? Is it a medical lesson, or a life lesson? A style of writing he acquired, or a set of
Essay Topic 2
What are the qualities Konner admires in the doctors he works with? How do these doctors protect these traits in the profit-driven and pressure-driven hospital environment? How do they teach Konner and the other medical students to protect the human quality of medical care?
Essay Topic 3
Which person or scene exemplifies everything Konner loves about medicine? Which person or scene exemplifies everything he loathed about the medical industry? Using examples from the text, describe the scenes or character that consolidate Konner's feelings about his training.
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)