Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
2. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
3. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
4. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
5. What interest did Konner's medical training have in common with his previous training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Konner's conversation with the friend who wanted to apply to med school.
2. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
3. What were Konner's reasons fro becoming a doctor?
4. What was Konner's experience in Africa, and what is its relation to Konner's current studies?
5. How does Konner say that Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrassed themselves?
6. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
7. How does Konner describe Gerald Edwards' brain surgery?
8. How does Konner say that he dealt with Bigelow, the street person?
9. Who was Konner's first patient in gynecology?
10. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
What would a medical school, or medical industry run along Konner's ideas look like? Would it be profitable? Would it be better or worse than the industry he was indoctrinated into? Does Konner offer his critiques for the purpose of designing a better system?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of 'Becoming a Doctor.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)