|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Konner's first autopsy?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A housewife.
(c) A mathematician.
(d) A professor.
2. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
3. Why was Konner's condition ironic?
(a) He had been telling mothers to push as if they were going to the bathroom, and now felt that same urge.
(b) He had been healthier than ever during his time in medical school, but he could not escape a common cold.
(c) He had been telling people how to live healthy lives, and his own unhealthy habits were catching up with him.
(d) He had been treating all kinds of conditions, but he fell victim to a stress-induced skeletal-muscular injury.
4. What did Konner find when he researched Sophie Hellman's case?
(a) A list of treatments that were be considered and rejected.
(b) No notes about the treatments her doctor said he tried.
(c) Subtle signs of the tumor that ultimately killed her.
(d) A laundry list of exhausted and fruitless treatments.
5. What could Konner do for Stan while Barb was suffering complications?
(a) Contact experts in the field.
(b) Translate medical jargon.
(c) Provide emotional support.
(d) Commandeer nurses and hospital resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are newborn babies assessed for?
2. What causes Pickwickian syndrome?
3. What was the danger of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
4. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
5. How does Konner say Dr. Downing responded to the woman whose sixty-five year old mother had just died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the medical experience of working in obstetrics?
2. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
3. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
4. What African ritual does Konner describe relative to birth?
5. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
6. Describe Konner's last elective rotation.
7. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
8. What was Konner's experience with Big Red?
9. What is RPTA, and how did it affect Konner?
10. Who was Konner's first patient in gynecology?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)