|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objection does Konner make to the training of physicians?
(a) They are taught to focus on the bureaucratic profile of a case, not the human experience.
(b) They are expected to master an enormous set of shifting facts.
(c) They are not generally involved in the lives of the patients they are treating.
(d) They are taught to consider human health, but the system really teaches them to make money and get out quick.
2. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
3. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
(a) Cesarean section mothers.
(b) Private pay patients.
(c) Fathers of newborn babies.
(d) Difficult births.
4. What was John Brandt's approach, which influenced Konner?
(a) Electroshock therapy.
(b) Psychodynamic interpretation.
(c) Behavioral therapy.
5. Whose samples had been sent to the lab Konner was working in now?
(a) Dr. Mattingly's patients.
(b) Professor Roth's patients.
(c) Dr. Brennan's patients.
(d) Dr. Suskauer's patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
2. What is the key cause of "R.P.T.A." (Rapidly Progressive Testicular Atrophy)?
3. What condition gave Konner cause for concern in his friend's pregnancy?
4. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
5. What did Konner suffer from on his trip to Galen the day after his ob/gyn rotation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the medical experience of working in obstetrics?
2. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
3. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
4. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
5. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
6. What condition was patient Charlotte suffering from?
7. How does Konner characterize pathology and its place in the spectrum of medical services?
8. What controversy surrounded patient Geraldine's death?
9. What condition did Konner suffer after his obstetrics rotation, and how did it make him view his experience at the hospital?
10. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)