|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Konner begin his gynecology rotation?
(a) Christmas day.
(b) Valentines day.
(c) Groundhog's day.
(d) Independence Day.
2. What caused RPTA for Konner?
(a) No one asked about his absence or the award.
(b) Dr. Brass humiliated him in front of other medical students.
(c) He belittled another medical student in front of a patient.
(d) He misdiagnosed a patient's neurological disorder.
3. What had Konner's Uncle Dave encouraged him to consider in his decision to return to med school?
(a) His religion.
(b) His income.
(c) His family.
(d) His anthropological background.
4. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
5. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
(a) Three patients were terminal.
(b) Dr. Downing was herself sick with cancer.
(c) The patients were children.
(d) One of the patients had been a famous singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complications did Konner's friend Barb suffer after giving birth?
2. What was patient Laura a candidate for?
3. What optimism does Konner retain in the end?
4. How was Konner involved in the birth of Barbara and Stan's second child?
5. What was the danger of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
2. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
3. What was Konner's experience with Big Red?
4. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
5. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
6. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
7. Describe the laparotomy Konner assisted in.
8. How does Konner describe his reasons for not practicing?
9. How does Konner characterize pathology and its place in the spectrum of medical services?
10. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)