|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
(a) Fully-conscious, without drugs.
(b) Full-conscious with pain drugs.
(c) Heavily sedated.
2. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
3. What condition does Konner's Uncle Dave suffer?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Heart attack.
4. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 18 hours.
5. What was the patient outcome of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
(a) Arm damage.
(b) Additional surgery.
(d) The Pickwickian syndrome resolved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What optimism does Konner retain in the end?
2. What was patient Laura a candidate for?
3. What sense does Konner say he had as he entered his fourth and final year of med school?
4. What are Konner's feelings about abortion?
5. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
2. How does Konner characterize pathology and its place in the spectrum of medical services?
3. Describe the laparotomy Konner assisted in.
4. What does Konner say Dr. Suskauer recommended for delivering babies?
5. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
6. What made John Brandt one of Konner's heroes?
7. How did Konner and Dr. Corwin treat the patient with Pickwickian syndrome?
8. What was Konner's experience with Big Red?
9. What roles does Konner describe having written 'Becoming a Doctor' from?
10. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)