|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the American medical industry?
(a) A model of soulless efficiency.
(b) An ineffective bureaucracy.
(c) A corrupt and mismanaged business.
(d) A spiritual wasteland.
2. What is the fourth year of med school designed to do?
(a) Develop skills without direct responsibility.
(b) Give medical students a break before they are responsible for patients.
(c) Allow students to broaden their experience before seeing patients of their own.
(d) Give medical students responsibility for patient care.
3. What objection does Konner make to the training of physicians?
(a) They are taught to focus on the bureaucratic profile of a case, not the human experience.
(b) They are expected to master an enormous set of shifting facts.
(c) They are not generally involved in the lives of the patients they are treating.
(d) They are taught to consider human health, but the system really teaches them to make money and get out quick.
4. Who was Konner's first autopsy?
(a) A professor.
(b) A housewife.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A mathematician.
5. What field did Konner study after OB/GYN?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
2. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
3. What complications did Konner's friend Barb suffer after giving birth?
4. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
5. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Konner violate the rules of obstetrics under Chief Resident Caggiola?
2. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
3. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Greenspan, and the controversy Dr. Greenspan was embroiled in?
5. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
6. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
7. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
8. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
9. What was Konner's experience with Big Red?
10. What condition did Konner suffer after his obstetrics rotation, and how did it make him view his experience at the hospital?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)