|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say he believes about obstetrics?
(a) It should be run by scientists.
(b) It should be focused on preventative health and health maintenance.
(c) A woman's reproductive system should be allowed to run its course without interference.
(d) It should be practiced by women.
2. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
(b) Chest pains.
(c) Eating disorder.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
3. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
(a) He encouraged a home birth.
(b) He recommended that a midwife birth the child in the hospital.
(c) He advocated cesarean section delivery.
(d) He recommended against it.
4. What condition gave Konner cause for concern in his friend's pregnancy?
(a) High risk of Down syndrome.
(c) Ambiguous ultrasounds.
(d) Alcoholism in the family.
5. What sense does Konner say he had as he entered his fourth and final year of med school?
(b) Starting from scratch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner's friend call to discuss with him?
2. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
3. What is Konner's justification for not practicing medicine?
4. How does Konner say Dr. Brass reacted to his work?
5. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner describe his reasons for not practicing?
2. Describe Konner's conversation with the friend who wanted to apply to med school.
3. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
4. What condition was patient Charlotte suffering from?
5. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
6. Describe the laparotomy Konner assisted in.
7. What roles does Konner describe having written 'Becoming a Doctor' from?
8. What controversy surrounded patient Geraldine's death?
9. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
10. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)