|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say about Charlotte?
(a) She dominated his last six weeks in his third year.
(b) She inspired him to write about his experiences.
(c) She gave him a reason to continue practicing medicine.
(d) Her case convinced him to get out of medicine.
2. What was Ringler's approach to his patients?
(a) Break them down to build them up.
(b) Make clear deals with them.
(c) Keep them guessing about his approach.
(d) Let them heal themselves.
3. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A writer.
(c) An engineer.
(d) An accountant.
4. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
(a) The sterile hospital environment.
(b) The doctors' arrogance.
(c) The fathers' sympathetic sufferings.
(d) The women's pain.
5. How does Konner say Dr. Downing responded to the woman whose sixty-five year old mother had just died?
(c) Deep personal concern.
(d) No sympathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
2. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
3. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
4. What complications did Konner's friend Barb suffer after giving birth?
5. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)