|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Konner involved in the birth of Barbara and Stan's second child?
(a) He performed the delivery.
(b) He recommended the nurse-midwives.
(c) He introduced them to each other.
(d) He was on call throughout the home birth.
2. What was the danger of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
(a) Infection and destruction of a limb.
(b) The patient develops a tolerance to the drug.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
3. What did Konner deliver twice, in his first week?
(c) Still births.
(d) Down syndrome babies.
4. What is the fourth year of med school designed to do?
(a) Develop skills without direct responsibility.
(b) Allow students to broaden their experience before seeing patients of their own.
(c) Give medical students responsibility for patient care.
(d) Give medical students a break before they are responsible for patients.
5. When did Konner begin his gynecology rotation?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Valentines day.
(c) Christmas day.
(d) Groundhog's day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the treatment Dr. Brass recommended for the Pickwickian syndrome case?
2. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
3. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
4. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
5. What had Konner's Uncle Dave encouraged him to consider in his decision to return to med school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Konner and Dr. Corwin treat the patient with Pickwickian syndrome?
2. What is RPTA, and how did it affect Konner?
3. What roles does Konner describe having written 'Becoming a Doctor' from?
4. What made John Brandt one of Konner's heroes?
5. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
6. What condition was patient Charlotte suffering from?
7. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
8. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
9. How did Konner violate the rules of obstetrics under Chief Resident Caggiola?
10. Describe Konner's last elective rotation.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)