|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(b) Chest pains.
(c) Eating disorder.
2. What strategy did Dr. Greenspan advocate for learning medicine?
(a) An exhaustive encyclopedic approach.
(b) A community of experts sharing diagnoses approach.
(c) A trial and error approach.
(d) Taking a case by case approach.
3. How does Konner characterize Johann Ringler?
(a) A demon.
(b) A control freak.
(c) A hero.
(d) A nuisance.
4. How does Konner characterize Lily Corwin?
(a) Kind and efficient.
(b) Brash and vulgar.
(d) Arrogant and ignorant.
5. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
(a) Tumors on her ovaries.
(b) Cysts in her uterus.
(c) Complications in her pregnancy.
(d) Adhesions on her fallopian tubes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
2. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
3. What does Konner say he brought with him as a university professor?
4. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
5. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner characterize pathology and its place in the spectrum of medical services?
2. What condition did Konner suffer after his obstetrics rotation, and how did it make him view his experience at the hospital?
3. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
4. How did Konner violate the rules of obstetrics under Chief Resident Caggiola?
5. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
6. What controversy surrounded patient Geraldine's death?
7. How does Konner characterize the medical experience of working in obstetrics?
8. Describe Konner's last elective rotation.
9. How does Konner describe his reasons for not practicing?
10. What roles does Konner describe having written 'Becoming a Doctor' from?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)