|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the American medical industry?
(a) An ineffective bureaucracy.
(b) A model of soulless efficiency.
(c) A spiritual wasteland.
(d) A corrupt and mismanaged business.
2. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
(a) Difficult births.
(b) Private pay patients.
(c) Fathers of newborn babies.
(d) Cesarean section mothers.
3. What is the key cause of "R.P.T.A." (Rapidly Progressive Testicular Atrophy)?
4. What does Konner say he believes about obstetrics?
(a) A woman's reproductive system should be allowed to run its course without interference.
(b) It should be focused on preventative health and health maintenance.
(c) It should be run by scientists.
(d) It should be practiced by women.
5. What does Konner say he brought with him as a university professor?
(a) Distrust of authority.
(b) Strong feelings about teaching methods.
(c) A spiritual view of healing.
(d) Bias against science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the treatment Dr. Brass recommended for the Pickwickian syndrome case?
2. What was Dr. Brass' reaction when Konner talked to her about her management style?
3. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
4. What field did Konner study after OB/GYN?
5. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is RPTA, and how did it affect Konner?
2. What condition was patient Charlotte suffering from?
3. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
4. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
5. How does Konner describe his reasons for not practicing?
6. Who was Konner's first patient in gynecology?
7. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
8. What was Konner's experience with Big Red?
9. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
10. How did Konner and Dr. Corwin treat the patient with Pickwickian syndrome?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)