|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say about Charlotte?
(a) She gave him a reason to continue practicing medicine.
(b) She inspired him to write about his experiences.
(c) Her case convinced him to get out of medicine.
(d) She dominated his last six weeks in his third year.
2. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
(a) Three patients were terminal.
(b) One of the patients had been a famous singer.
(c) Dr. Downing was herself sick with cancer.
(d) The patients were children.
3. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(b) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
(c) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(d) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
4. Which point of view does Konner NOT take in his description of his time in med school?
(a) Husband and father.
5. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
(a) Being called into a friend's birth.
(b) Getting a good evaluation.
(c) Getting a National Book Award.
(d) Selling his book proposal for 'Becoming a Doctor'.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the American medical industry?
2. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
3. Who was Konner's first autopsy?
4. How does Konner characterize Johann Ringler?
5. What did Konner find when he researched Sophie Hellman's case?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)