|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
(a) The EMTs.
(b) The ER physician.
(c) The nursing home physician.
(d) The hospital lawyers.
2. What complications did Konner's friend Barb suffer after giving birth?
(d) Chest pains.
3. What caused RPTA for Konner?
(a) He belittled another medical student in front of a patient.
(b) Dr. Brass humiliated him in front of other medical students.
(c) No one asked about his absence or the award.
(d) He misdiagnosed a patient's neurological disorder.
4. What was the treatment Dr. Brass recommended for the Pickwickian syndrome case?
(a) Talk therapy.
(b) An anti-cancer drug.
(d) Antipsychotic drugs.
5. Whose samples had been sent to the lab Konner was working in now?
(a) Dr. Suskauer's patients.
(b) Dr. Mattingly's patients.
(c) Dr. Brennan's patients.
(d) Professor Roth's patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Brandt's approach, which influenced Konner?
2. How many deliveries did Konner perform in his last rotation?
3. How did Dr. Harrison rate Konner's performance?
4. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
5. What is the fourth year of med school designed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the medical experience of working in obstetrics?
2. How does Konner describe his reasons for not practicing?
3. What roles does Konner describe having written 'Becoming a Doctor' from?
4. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
5. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
6. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
7. Describe Konner's last elective rotation.
8. What made John Brandt one of Konner's heroes?
9. How did Konner and Dr. Corwin treat the patient with Pickwickian syndrome?
10. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)