|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say he believes about obstetrics?
(a) It should be practiced by women.
(b) A woman's reproductive system should be allowed to run its course without interference.
(c) It should be focused on preventative health and health maintenance.
(d) It should be run by scientists.
2. Who was the surgeon in the operation on patient Laura?
(a) Dr. Suskauer.
(b) Professor Roth.
(d) Joel Schwartzman.
3. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
(a) The EMTs.
(b) The hospital lawyers.
(c) The ER physician.
(d) The nursing home physician.
4. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
(a) Dr. Brass countermanded it.
(b) Bureaucratic confusion.
(c) She had not had it properly notarized.
(d) It was not included in her chart.
5. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say he brought with him as a university professor?
2. What had Konner's Uncle Dave encouraged him to consider in his decision to return to med school?
3. How does Konner characterize the American medical industry?
4. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
5. How had Barb's midwife treated the condition that formed the complications?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner describe his reasons for not practicing?
2. What roles does Konner describe having written 'Becoming a Doctor' from?
3. Describe the laparotomy Konner assisted in.
4. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
5. Describe Konner's conversation with the friend who wanted to apply to med school.
6. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
7. What made John Brandt one of Konner's heroes?
8. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
9. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
10. What was Konner's experience with Big Red?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)