|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Konner's Uncle Dave suffer?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Heart attack.
2. Which point of view does Konner NOT take in his description of his time in med school?
(a) Husband and father.
3. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
(a) She was hospitalized for further complications.
(b) She was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers.
(c) She was involved in a car accident.
(d) She regained her health.
4. What does Konner say he brought with him as a university professor?
(a) A spiritual view of healing.
(b) Distrust of authority.
(c) Strong feelings about teaching methods.
(d) Bias against science.
5. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
(a) The respect for the patients.
(b) The newborn babies.
(c) The sense that this was all normal.
(d) The glowing mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Brandt's approach, which influenced Konner?
2. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
3. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
4. What could Konner do for Stan while Barb was suffering complications?
5. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)