|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is a rotation?
(a) A semester.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
2. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
(a) Early-onset Alzheimers.
(b) Traumatic brain injury.
(d) Brain cancer.
3. When did walk-rounds begin in the Emergency Ward?
(a) Twelve noon.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
4. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
(b) Motor skills.
5. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
(a) The most impersonal teachers he had.
(b) The least interesting teachers he ever had.
(c) The least successful teachers he ever had.
(d) The best teachers he had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is intubation?
2. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
3. What did interns do after rounds?
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
5. What insight did Konner get over his break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crude resident behavior was Konner appalled by?
2. Describe the process of scrubbing in.
3. How is Konner different from the other students in his group?
4. How does Konner contrast American medical diagnoses to African children's lives?
5. How does Konner say med school affected him personally?
6. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist's job?
7. How does Konner characterize Howard Cullen's condition?
8. How does Konner describe his first experience anesthetizing a patient?
9. What explanation does Konner give for why he wrote this book?
10. How did Konner experience the medical world on his vacation?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)