|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
(a) Exposing himself to a patient.
(b) Insulting the interns in front of the patients.
(c) Snickering at a woman's diagnosis.
(d) Making racist/sexist jokes with the patients.
2. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
3. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Without infection.
(b) With infection.
(c) Preventing infection.
(d) Treating infection.
4. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(b) As actors in their drama.
(c) As dangerous.
(d) As drama queens always stealing the show.
5. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
(a) He did it himself.
(b) He wanted Ramirez to intubate.
(c) He criticized Ramirez' technique.
(d) He showed Konner how to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
2. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
3. What did interns do after rounds?
4. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
5. What does Konner say is typical of brain disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Howard Cullen's condition?
2. How would you describe Konner's tone and language in the opening anecdote?
3. What was Konner's experience working with Dr. Haley in pediatric outpatient services?
4. Describe Konner's first 'Saturday Night Knife and Gun Club'.
5. How does Konner say med school affected him personally?
6. What was Konner's experience with shock therapy?
7. How did Konner experience the medical world on his vacation?
8. What was Konner's second experience in anesthesiology like?
9. What is borderline syndrome?
10. How does Konner describe Gerald Edwards' brain surgery?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)