|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
(a) Not to be a surgeon.
(b) Not to practice medicine.
(c) To write an expose about his time in med school.
(d) To publish an anthropological piece on his time in med school.
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(c) Severe illnesses.
(d) Car accidents.
3. What kinds of cases is Katherine Ballard interested in?
(c) Borderline cases.
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
(a) Fifty minutes.
(b) Fifteen seconds.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Fifteen hours.
5. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
(a) Sensitive and much loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
2. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
3. What did Dr. Brennan take from Gerald Edwards' body during surgery?
4. What is the prognosis for the patients Konner sees under Dr. Burdick?
5. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
2. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
3. What is RPTA, and how did it affect Konner?
4. What happened when Konner confronted Dr. Brass?
5. How does Konner contrast American medical diagnoses to African children's lives?
6. How does Konner describe his first experience anesthetizing a patient?
7. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
8. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
9. What controversy surrounded patient Geraldine's death?
10. What mistake was made during gall bladder surgery on an obese woman, and what conclusion did this lead Konner to make?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)