|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) Nightly assignments.
(b) His day job.
(c) Problems in his personal life.
(d) Trying to do several rotations at once.
2. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
(a) He could not discuss other cases.
(b) He could not talk to anyone.
(c) He could not touch anything.
(d) He could not leave the surgery ward.
3. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(b) Down syndrome.
(d) Aspergers syndrome.
4. What kinds of cases is Katherine Ballard interested in?
(a) Borderline cases.
5. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(a) Patients' relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
2. What is 'dura mater'?
3. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
4. What did interns do after rounds?
5. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Konner's experience with shock therapy?
2. How does Konner say med school affected him personally?
3. What does Konner say he finds unrealistic in TV doctor dramas?
4. How is Konner different from the other students in his group?
5. What were Konner's reasons fro becoming a doctor?
6. Describe the process of scrubbing in.
7. Describe Konner's first 'Saturday Night Knife and Gun Club'.
8. How did Konner experience the medical world on his vacation?
9. What was Konner's experience working with Dr. Haley in pediatric outpatient services?
10. What lesson does Konner say he learned from John Williams?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)