|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Fifteen seconds.
(d) Fifty minutes.
2. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
(a) Mike Colucci was never going to be a surgeon.
(b) He was not surgeon material himself.
(c) Surgery is a dangerous business.
(d) Marty Wentworth practiced bad medicine.
3. What kind of treatment was Katherine Ballard most interested in administering?
(a) Talking cure.
(b) Hypnosis therapy.
(c) Drug treatment.
(d) Shock treatment.
4. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Witty and detached.
(b) Aggressive and combative.
(c) Weak and fussy.
(d) Irritable and judgmental.
5. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
(a) Skin surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Brain surgery.
(d) Gall bladder surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
2. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
3. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
4. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
5. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Konner say he finds unrealistic in TV doctor dramas?
2. What effect does Konner's opening anecdote have as a first taste of the book?
3. How does Konner characterize Howard Cullen's condition?
4. How is Konner different from the other students in his group?
5. How does Konner say that he dealt with Bigelow, the street person?
6. How does Konner characterize the split between theories of psychiatric medicine?
7. Describe Konner's first 'Saturday Night Knife and Gun Club'.
8. Describe Konner's first neurological examination.
9. How does Konner say brain disease affects a person's personality?
10. What was Konner's second experience in anesthesiology like?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)