|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
(a) A bottle of alcohol.
(b) An empty bed.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A clean syringe.
2. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who wanted to help people.
(b) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
(c) Men who thrive on problem solving.
(d) Men who thrive on stress.
3. How long is a rotation?
(a) Six months.
(b) A semester.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six weeks.
4. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(c) As actors in their drama.
(d) As drama queens always stealing the show.
5. What is 'dura mater'?
(a) Another name for bone.
(b) Hard matter around the brain.
(c) The protective sheath around the nerve cell.
(d) Bony channels in the ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
2. What did interns do after rounds?
3. What was Scott Lucas' role?
4. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
5. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner characterize his medical student colleagues?
2. Describe the process of scrubbing in.
3. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist's job?
4. How would you describe Konner's tone and language in the opening anecdote?
5. Describe Konner's first neurological examination.
6. What were Konner's reasons fro becoming a doctor?
7. How does Konner characterize the split between theories of psychiatric medicine?
8. What was the controversy around the patient Ruskin operated on?
9. What was Edwards' condition after surgery?
10. What lesson does Konner say he learned from John Williams?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)