|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(b) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(c) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(d) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
2. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
(a) He was relentless in his pursuit of nurses.
(b) He cared about his patients.
(c) He had no life outside the hospital.
(d) He got away with gross incompetence.
3. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
(a) By presenting a contrasting range of patients.
(b) By his patience and insight.
(c) By his calm under pressure.
(d) By describing successes with radical procedures.
4. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He was sick himself.
(b) He was attracted to her.
(c) He had never performed this exam before.
(d) He thought she has severe problems.
5. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) Problems in his personal life.
(b) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(c) Nightly assignments.
(d) His day job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
2. What is 'bagging' a patient?
3. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
4. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
5. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the controversy around the patient Ruskin operated on?
2. What mistake was made during gall bladder surgery on an obese woman, and what conclusion did this lead Konner to make?
3. How does Konner say med school affected him personally?
4. What does Konner say he finds unrealistic in TV doctor dramas?
5. What was Konner's experience in Africa, and what is its relation to Konner's current studies?
6. What lesson does Konner say he learned from John Williams?
7. How does Konner characterize Howard Cullen's condition?
8. How does Konner say brain disease affects a person's personality?
9. What was Konner's experience with shock therapy?
10. How does Konner characterize the split between theories of psychiatric medicine?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)