|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
(a) A fountain pen.
(b) A leather medical bag.
(c) A stethoscope.
(d) A cigarette.
2. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Testing her blood type.
(b) Holding the woman down.
(c) Directing traffic.
(d) Inserting an IV.
3. What is the prognosis for the patients Konner sees under Dr. Burdick?
(a) They will not return to normal lives.
(b) They may improve and be discharged with drugs.
(c) They will likely spend the rest of their lives in and out of hospitals.
(d) They can be released after a talking cure identifies and cures their neurosis.
4. What interest did Konner's medical training have in common with his previous training?
(a) Cell development.
(b) Human behavior.
(c) Distribution of disease in populations.
(d) Human evolution.
5. What procedure did Konner participate in with David Milano?
(a) Heart surgery.
(c) Removing surgical stitches.
(d) Exploratory surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
2. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
3. How many medical students was Konner grouped with for his rotation in psychiatry?
4. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
5. What had Konner been before starting med school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Konner's first neurological examination.
2. What effect does Konner's opening anecdote have as a first taste of the book?
3. What was Konner's experience in Africa, and what is its relation to Konner's current studies?
4. What explanation does Konner give for why he wrote this book?
5. What was Konner's experience with shock therapy?
6. What crude resident behavior was Konner appalled by?
7. How does Konner characterize the split between theories of psychiatric medicine?
8. What is borderline syndrome?
9. How did Konner experience the medical world on his vacation?
10. What was Konner's experience working with Dr. Haley in pediatric outpatient services?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)