|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Konner's previous training in?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Playing golf.
3. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
(a) Three days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
4. What did patient Edwards regain after surgery?
(a) His coordination.
(b) His identity.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His memory.
5. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(b) He could take more time off.
(c) He could make more money.
(d) He could diagnose patients by himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
2. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
3. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
4. How does Konner characterize shock therapy?
5. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner describe his first experience anesthetizing a patient?
2. What was Konner's second experience in anesthesiology like?
3. What does Konner say he finds unrealistic in TV doctor dramas?
4. How does Konner say med school affected him personally?
5. What effect does Konner's opening anecdote have as a first taste of the book?
6. How does Konner characterize his medical student colleagues?
7. What was Edwards' condition after surgery?
8. How does Konner say that Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrassed themselves?
9. What were Konner's reasons fro becoming a doctor?
10. Describe Konner's first neurological examination.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)