Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Talk to the patient.
(b) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
(c) Touch the patient.
(d) Read the chart first.
2. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(b) Beth Israel Hospital.
(c) Kings County Hospital.
(d) Bay State Hospital.
3. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(b) As drama queens always stealing the show.
(c) As dangerous.
(d) As actors in their drama.
4. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
(a) He sides with the psychopharmacologists.
(b) He sides with Freud.
(c) He prefers an altogether different approach.
(d) He feels conflicted.
5. What interest did Konner's medical training have in common with his previous training?
(a) Cell development.
(b) Human evolution.
(c) Distribution of disease in populations.
(d) Human behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
2. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
3. Why did pediatrics appeal to Konner?
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
5. What had Konner been before starting med school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Konner's conversation with the friend who wanted to apply to med school.
2. What was Charlotte's ultimate outcome?
3. What were Konner's reasons fro becoming a doctor?
4. What was Konner's experience in Africa, and what is its relation to Konner's current studies?
5. How does Konner say that Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrassed themselves?
6. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
7. How does Konner describe Gerald Edwards' brain surgery?
8. How does Konner say that he dealt with Bigelow, the street person?
9. Who was Konner's first patient in gynecology?
10. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)