|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the branch of psychiatric medicine that complements Freud's psychoanalysis?
(a) Surgical treatment.
(b) Shock treatment.
(d) Drug treatment.
2. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(b) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(c) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(d) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
3. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) The patient should not have been operated on.
(b) It could have been finished much sooner.
(c) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(d) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
4. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Pregnancy complications.
(c) Drug overdose.
5. What did Dr. Brennan take from Gerald Edwards' body during surgery?
(a) A tumor.
(b) A paper clip.
(c) A bullet.
(d) An abscess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
2. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
3. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
5. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
2. Describe Konner's experience assisting his friend Barbara's birth.
3. How does Konner say brain disease affects a person's personality?
4. How does Konner say that Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrassed themselves?
5. Describe Konner's conversation with the friend who wanted to apply to med school.
6. What condition did Konner suffer after his obstetrics rotation, and how did it make him view his experience at the hospital?
7. How does Konner characterize Dr. Greenspan, and the controversy Dr. Greenspan was embroiled in?
8. Who was Konner's first patient in gynecology?
9. What was Konner's experience with shock therapy?
10. What lesson does Konner say he learned from John Williams?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)