|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
2. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
3. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Keep doing things that work.
(b) Never call a surgeon.
(c) Do nothing if you don't know.
(d) Learn by experimenting.
4. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(b) Severe illnesses.
(c) Car accidents.
(d) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
5. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
(a) The least successful teachers he ever had.
(b) The best teachers he had.
(c) The most impersonal teachers he had.
(d) The least interesting teachers he ever had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
3. How long is a rotation?
4. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
5. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake was made during gall bladder surgery on an obese woman, and what conclusion did this lead Konner to make?
2. How does Konner characterize his medical student colleagues?
3. Describe the process of scrubbing in.
4. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
5. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
6. What effect does Konner's opening anecdote have as a first taste of the book?
7. What does Konner say Dr. Suskauer recommended for delivering babies?
8. What condition was patient Charlotte suffering from?
9. How does Konner say that Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrassed themselves?
10. What does the mnemonic "Every Damn Fool In Egypt Eats Eggs" stand for?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)