|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(b) The surgeon.
(c) The Emergency Ward chief.
(d) The chief of Anesthesiology.
2. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
(c) Sensitive and much loved.
3. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
4. What interest did Konner's medical training have in common with his previous training?
(a) Distribution of disease in populations.
(b) Human evolution.
(c) Cell development.
(d) Human behavior.
5. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who thrive on problem solving.
(b) Men who wanted to help people.
(c) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
(d) Men who thrive on stress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
2. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
3. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
4. For what did John Williams set records?
5. How often were walk-rounds performed in the psychiatric ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Konner experience the medical world on his vacation?
2. How does Konner say that he dealt with Bigelow, the street person?
3. What was the controversy around the patient Ruskin operated on?
4. What is borderline syndrome?
5. What mistake was made during gall bladder surgery on an obese woman, and what conclusion did this lead Konner to make?
6. What was Konner's experience with shock therapy?
7. How does Konner describe Gerald Edwards' brain surgery?
8. How does Konner characterize his medical student colleagues?
9. How would you describe Konner's tone and language in the opening anecdote?
10. What crude resident behavior was Konner appalled by?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)