|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
(a) He tried to heal her emotionally.
(b) He was interested in the woman's story, and listened to her talk.
(c) He thought the woman's chart had been written up incorrectly.
(d) He was confused by the woman's symptoms, and it took him longer to rule out certain complications.
2. What did patient Edwards regain after surgery?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His coordination.
(c) His identity.
(d) His memory.
3. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
(a) Severe migraines.
(b) General psychosis.
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Learn by experimenting.
(b) Do nothing if you don't know.
(c) Never call a surgeon.
(d) Keep doing things that work.
5. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
(a) He was brusque and aloof.
(b) He was incompetent and his heavy drinking obscured his medicine.
(c) He went out of his way to take care of his patients and their families.
(d) He was gentle and non-disruptive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did pediatrics appeal to Konner?
2. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
3. What did Dr. Brennan take from Gerald Edwards' body during surgery?
4. What is the branch of psychiatric medicine that complements Freud's psychoanalysis?
5. How often were walk-rounds performed in the psychiatric ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Konner say med school affected him personally?
2. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist's job?
3. What was the controversy around the patient Ruskin operated on?
4. What are Konner's feelings about surgery?
5. What was Konner's second experience in anesthesiology like?
6. How does Konner characterize Howard Cullen's condition?
7. How does Konner say brain disease affects a person's personality?
8. What does Konner say he finds unrealistic in TV doctor dramas?
9. How does Konner characterize his medical student colleagues?
10. What was Konner's experience working with Dr. Haley in pediatric outpatient services?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)