|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could make more money.
(b) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(c) He could diagnose patients by himself.
(d) He could take more time off.
2. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(a) Medical psychiatry.
3. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As drama queens always stealing the show.
(c) As actors in their drama.
(d) As daredevils taking all the risks.
4. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(a) Patients' relatives.
5. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A Harvard University professor.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A writer.
(d) An engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
2. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
3. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
4. What insight did Konner get over his break?
5. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Konner's feelings about surgery?
2. What lesson does Konner say he learned from John Williams?
3. What were Konner's reasons fro becoming a doctor?
4. What does Konner say he finds unrealistic in TV doctor dramas?
5. What was Edwards' condition after surgery?
6. What was Konner's experience with shock therapy?
7. How does Konner describe his first experience anesthetizing a patient?
8. What was Konner's second experience in anesthesiology like?
9. Describe the process of scrubbing in.
10. How does Konner say med school affected him personally?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)