|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(c) Patients' relatives.
2. Why did pediatrics appeal to Konner?
(a) Children had an easier time regaining their health after illness.
(b) It resembled his research on African children.
(c) It gave him more room to be aloof and scientific in his observations.
(d) It let him laugh more.
3. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Read the chart first.
(b) Touch the patient.
(c) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
(d) Talk to the patient.
4. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Holding the woman down.
(b) Directing traffic.
(c) Testing her blood type.
(d) Inserting an IV.
5. What did patient Edwards regain after surgery?
(a) His memory.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His coordination.
(d) His identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
2. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
3. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
4. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
5. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Konner disagree with Charlotte's doctor's treatment plan?
2. What was unique about Konner's first week in obstetrics?
3. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant under Dr. Downing?
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Sally Brass?
5. Describe the process of scrubbing in.
6. What were Konner's reasons fro becoming a doctor?
7. How does Konner characterize the split between theories of psychiatric medicine?
8. How did Konner spend non-surgical afternoons in gynecology?
9. What made John Brandt one of Konner's heroes?
10. What was Edwards' condition after surgery?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)