|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner's friend call to discuss with him?
(a) Applying to med school.
(b) His pregnant wife.
(c) His aging mother.
(d) His fainting spells.
2. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
3. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
(a) The respect for the patients.
(b) The newborn babies.
(c) The sense that this was all normal.
(d) The glowing mothers.
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
5. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Making a patient more comfortable.
(b) Cleaning up after a patient.
(c) Talking with a patient.
(d) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
6. When did Konner begin his gynecology rotation?
(a) Christmas day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Valentines day.
(d) Groundhog's day.
7. What caused RPTA for Konner?
(a) No one asked about his absence or the award.
(b) He belittled another medical student in front of a patient.
(c) He misdiagnosed a patient's neurological disorder.
(d) Dr. Brass humiliated him in front of other medical students.
8. What sense does Konner say he had as he entered his fourth and final year of med school?
(b) Starting from scratch.
9. What comment about Charlotte was red-penciled off her chart?
(a) She is willing to work to improve her condition.
(b) She is friendly and cooperative.
(c) She appreciated kind attention.
(d) She cannot tolerate her own image.
10. What condition gave Konner cause for concern in his friend's pregnancy?
(a) Ambiguous ultrasounds.
(b) High risk of Down syndrome.
(d) Alcoholism in the family.
11. How had Barb's midwife treated the condition that formed the complications?
(a) She had left it untreated.
(b) She had given her herbs.
(c) She had recommended bed rest.
(d) She had given Barb drugs.
12. What are newborn babies assessed for?
(b) Economic viability of the parents.
(c) Signs of abuse.
(d) Racial characteristics.
13. Why was Konner's condition ironic?
(a) He had been healthier than ever during his time in medical school, but he could not escape a common cold.
(b) He had been telling people how to live healthy lives, and his own unhealthy habits were catching up with him.
(c) He had been telling mothers to push as if they were going to the bathroom, and now felt that same urge.
(d) He had been treating all kinds of conditions, but he fell victim to a stress-induced skeletal-muscular injury.
14. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
(a) He was reprimanded by the hospital.
(b) He caused unnecessary complications.
(c) He was sanctioned.
(d) He was appreciated.
15. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
2. What is the fourth year of med school designed to do?
3. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
4. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
5. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)