|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose samples had been sent to the lab Konner was working in now?
(a) Professor Roth's patients.
(b) Dr. Suskauer's patients.
(c) Dr. Brennan's patients.
(d) Dr. Mattingly's patients.
2. What did Konner suffer from on his trip to Galen the day after his ob/gyn rotation?
(a) Gastric distress.
(b) Chest pains.
(c) A cold.
(d) Back pains.
3. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
(a) The ER physician.
(b) The EMTs.
(c) The hospital lawyers.
(d) The nursing home physician.
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
5. How had Barb's midwife treated the condition that formed the complications?
(a) She had recommended bed rest.
(b) She had given her herbs.
(c) She had left it untreated.
(d) She had given Barb drugs.
6. What caused RPTA for Konner?
(a) Dr. Brass humiliated him in front of other medical students.
(b) He belittled another medical student in front of a patient.
(c) He misdiagnosed a patient's neurological disorder.
(d) No one asked about his absence or the award.
7. What does Konner say about Charlotte?
(a) She inspired him to write about his experiences.
(b) She dominated his last six weeks in his third year.
(c) She gave him a reason to continue practicing medicine.
(d) Her case convinced him to get out of medicine.
8. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) Eating disorder.
(d) Chest pains.
9. What condition gave Konner cause for concern in his friend's pregnancy?
(a) High risk of Down syndrome.
(b) Alcoholism in the family.
(c) Ambiguous ultrasounds.
10. What could Konner do for Stan while Barb was suffering complications?
(a) Contact experts in the field.
(b) Commandeer nurses and hospital resources.
(c) Translate medical jargon.
(d) Provide emotional support.
11. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
(a) She was hospitalized for further complications.
(b) She regained her health.
(c) She was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers.
(d) She was involved in a car accident.
12. What organ did Konner remove during his first autopsy?
(c) Gall bladder.
13. What does Konner's friend call to discuss with him?
(a) His pregnant wife.
(b) Applying to med school.
(c) His fainting spells.
(d) His aging mother.
14. What brought about an improvement in Charlotte's condition?
(a) Talking therapy.
(b) Relocation to a long-term facility.
(c) Termination of antipsychotic drugs.
(d) New medication, and surgery.
15. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
2. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
3. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
4. What was the patient outcome of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
5. What was the treatment Dr. Brass recommended for the Pickwickian syndrome case?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)