|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many deliveries did Konner perform in his last rotation?
2. What was patient Laura a candidate for?
(a) Radiation treatment.
(b) Mandatory sterilization.
(c) Cesarean section delivery.
(d) In vitro fertilization.
3. Which point of view does Konner NOT take in his description of his time in med school?
(c) Husband and father.
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
5. How does Konner characterize the American medical industry?
(a) A corrupt and mismanaged business.
(b) A spiritual wasteland.
(c) An ineffective bureaucracy.
(d) A model of soulless efficiency.
6. What could Konner do for Stan while Barb was suffering complications?
(a) Provide emotional support.
(b) Translate medical jargon.
(c) Commandeer nurses and hospital resources.
(d) Contact experts in the field.
7. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
(a) Medical students were prevented from late stage deliveries.
(b) The hospital was not well equipped for obstetrics, and patients went elsewhere.
(c) The development of private birthing centers.
(d) An increasing focus on providing birthing mothers with privacy and familiar doctors.
8. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
(a) He recommended against it.
(b) He recommended that a midwife birth the child in the hospital.
(c) He encouraged a home birth.
(d) He advocated cesarean section delivery.
9. How does Konner say Dr. Brass reacted to his work?
(a) She nit-picked it.
(b) She corrected it.
(c) She praised it.
(d) She ignored it.
10. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 18 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
11. What field did Konner study after OB/GYN?
12. What was Dr. Harold Greenspan's field?
13. What was Harrison's specialty?
(a) Eye surgery.
(b) Gastrointestinal tumors.
(c) Nervous disorders.
(d) Heart disease.
14. What is Konner's justification for not practicing medicine?
(a) He is saving patients from his errors.
(b) He is using his talents in a better way.
(c) He is giving himself to his family instead.
(d) He is saving society money.
15. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A writer.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts the day in the gynecology rotation?
2. How did Dr. Harrison rate Konner's performance?
3. What was John Brandt's approach, which influenced Konner?
4. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
5. What was Konner nominated for?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)