|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
(a) Why her mother should be allowed to die.
(b) When her mother could be released back to her home.
(c) What heroic measures could still be taken.
(d) What surgery and chemotherapy would cost.
2. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
(a) Cesarean section mothers.
(b) Private pay patients.
(c) Difficult births.
(d) Fathers of newborn babies.
3. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
4. What was the patient outcome of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
(a) Arm damage.
(b) Additional surgery.
(c) The Pickwickian syndrome resolved.
5. What did Konner find when he researched Sophie Hellman's case?
(a) Subtle signs of the tumor that ultimately killed her.
(b) No notes about the treatments her doctor said he tried.
(c) A laundry list of exhausted and fruitless treatments.
(d) A list of treatments that were be considered and rejected.
6. What was Harrison's specialty?
(a) Gastrointestinal tumors.
(b) Nervous disorders.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Eye surgery.
7. What condition does Konner's Uncle Dave suffer?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
8. What brought about an improvement in Charlotte's condition?
(a) Relocation to a long-term facility.
(b) New medication, and surgery.
(c) Talking therapy.
(d) Termination of antipsychotic drugs.
9. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
(a) Bureaucratic confusion.
(b) She had not had it properly notarized.
(c) It was not included in her chart.
(d) Dr. Brass countermanded it.
10. What does Konner say African men did when their wives were in labor?
(a) Leave the village until they were done.
(b) Hold their wives' hands and encourage them through the pain.
(c) Put animals in their robes as if they had given birth to them.
(d) Induce constipation.
11. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
(a) An engineer.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A writer.
12. What causes Pickwickian syndrome?
(a) Thyroid imbalance.
(b) Traumatic experiences.
(d) Brain degeneration.
13. What was Dr. Harold Greenspan's field?
14. What condition gave Konner cause for concern in his friend's pregnancy?
(a) High risk of Down syndrome.
(b) Ambiguous ultrasounds.
(c) Alcoholism in the family.
15. What was Konner nominated for?
(a) A National Book Award.
(b) A military appointment.
(c) A Pulitzer Prize.
(d) A prestigious medical honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused RPTA for Konner?
2. What is the key cause of "R.P.T.A." (Rapidly Progressive Testicular Atrophy)?
3. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
4. How had Barb's midwife treated the condition that formed the complications?
5. What does Konner say he brought with him as a university professor?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)