|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
2. What does Konner's friend call to discuss with him?
(a) His aging mother.
(b) His pregnant wife.
(c) Applying to med school.
(d) His fainting spells.
3. When did Konner begin his gynecology rotation?
(a) Groundhog's day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Christmas day.
(d) Valentines day.
4. What did Konner find when he researched Sophie Hellman's case?
(a) A laundry list of exhausted and fruitless treatments.
(b) Subtle signs of the tumor that ultimately killed her.
(c) No notes about the treatments her doctor said he tried.
(d) A list of treatments that were be considered and rejected.
5. What is Pickwickian syndrome?
(a) A patient lives in an imaginary world.
(b) A patient forgets where he lives.
(c) A patient falls asleep during the day.
(d) A patient passes out while eating.
6. What does Konner say about Charlotte?
(a) She dominated his last six weeks in his third year.
(b) She gave him a reason to continue practicing medicine.
(c) Her case convinced him to get out of medicine.
(d) She inspired him to write about his experiences.
7. What causes Pickwickian syndrome?
(b) Traumatic experiences.
(c) Thyroid imbalance.
(d) Brain degeneration.
8. What was John Brandt's approach, which influenced Konner?
(a) Psychodynamic interpretation.
(b) Electroshock therapy.
(d) Behavioral therapy.
9. What does Konner say he believes about obstetrics?
(a) A woman's reproductive system should be allowed to run its course without interference.
(b) It should be run by scientists.
(c) It should be practiced by women.
(d) It should be focused on preventative health and health maintenance.
10. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
(a) An intern's.
(b) A nurse's.
(c) A patient's.
(d) A physician's.
11. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
(a) The glowing mothers.
(b) The sense that this was all normal.
(c) The respect for the patients.
(d) The newborn babies.
12. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
(a) She was hospitalized for further complications.
(b) She was involved in a car accident.
(c) She was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers.
(d) She regained her health.
13. What was Dr. Harold Greenspan's field?
14. What did Konner suffer from on his trip to Galen the day after his ob/gyn rotation?
(a) Back pains.
(b) Gastric distress.
(c) Chest pains.
(d) A cold.
15. How many deliveries did Konner perform in his last rotation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the topic of the article titled 'Med School, Heal Thyself'?
2. Whose samples had been sent to the lab Konner was working in now?
3. Who was Konner's first autopsy?
4. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
5. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)