|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dr. Harold Greenspan's field?
2. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
(a) Complications in her pregnancy.
(b) Tumors on her ovaries.
(c) Cysts in her uterus.
(d) Adhesions on her fallopian tubes.
3. What condition gave Konner cause for concern in his friend's pregnancy?
(b) Alcoholism in the family.
(c) Ambiguous ultrasounds.
(d) High risk of Down syndrome.
4. What was the treatment Dr. Brass recommended for the Pickwickian syndrome case?
(a) Talk therapy.
(c) An anti-cancer drug.
(d) Antipsychotic drugs.
5. How long had Konner spent in Obstetrics?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
6. What was the danger of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) The patient develops a tolerance to the drug.
(d) Infection and destruction of a limb.
7. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
8. What was Konner nominated for?
(a) A Pulitzer Prize.
(b) A National Book Award.
(c) A military appointment.
(d) A prestigious medical honor.
9. What starts the day in the gynecology rotation?
10. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
(a) The sense that this was all normal.
(b) The respect for the patients.
(c) The glowing mothers.
(d) The newborn babies.
11. Who was the surgeon in the operation on patient Laura?
(a) Professor Roth.
(b) Dr. Suskauer.
(d) Joel Schwartzman.
12. What causes Pickwickian syndrome?
(a) Thyroid imbalance.
(b) Traumatic experiences.
(d) Brain degeneration.
13. What comment about Charlotte was red-penciled off her chart?
(a) She appreciated kind attention.
(b) She is willing to work to improve her condition.
(c) She cannot tolerate her own image.
(d) She is friendly and cooperative.
14. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
(a) The family planning clinic.
(b) The library.
(c) The emergency room.
(d) The outpatient gynecological lab.
15. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
(b) Eating disorder.
(c) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Chest pains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Harrison's specialty?
2. When did Konner begin his gynecology rotation?
3. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
4. What had Konner's Uncle Dave encouraged him to consider in his decision to return to med school?
5. What does Konner say about Charlotte?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)