|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was patient Laura a candidate for?
(a) Cesarean section delivery.
(b) Mandatory sterilization.
(c) In vitro fertilization.
(d) Radiation treatment.
2. What starts the day in the gynecology rotation?
3. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
4. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
5. What comment about Charlotte was red-penciled off her chart?
(a) She is willing to work to improve her condition.
(b) She appreciated kind attention.
(c) She is friendly and cooperative.
(d) She cannot tolerate her own image.
6. Who was the surgeon in the operation on patient Laura?
(a) Joel Schwartzman.
(b) Professor Roth.
(c) Dr. Suskauer.
7. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
(a) She was hospitalized for further complications.
(b) She was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers.
(c) She was involved in a car accident.
(d) She regained her health.
8. What does Konner say African men did when their wives were in labor?
(a) Induce constipation.
(b) Leave the village until they were done.
(c) Put animals in their robes as if they had given birth to them.
(d) Hold their wives' hands and encourage them through the pain.
9. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Making a patient more comfortable.
(b) Talking with a patient.
(c) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
(d) Cleaning up after a patient.
10. Who was Konner's first autopsy?
(a) A mathematician.
(b) A professor.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A housewife.
11. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
(b) Full-conscious with pain drugs.
(c) Heavily sedated.
(d) Fully-conscious, without drugs.
12. What was Harrison's specialty?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Nervous disorders.
(c) Eye surgery.
(d) Gastrointestinal tumors.
13. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
(a) Getting a good evaluation.
(b) Selling his book proposal for 'Becoming a Doctor'.
(c) Getting a National Book Award.
(d) Being called into a friend's birth.
14. What are newborn babies assessed for?
(a) Economic viability of the parents.
(b) Racial characteristics.
(c) Signs of abuse.
15. What does Konner say he believes about obstetrics?
(a) It should be practiced by women.
(b) It should be focused on preventative health and health maintenance.
(c) It should be run by scientists.
(d) A woman's reproductive system should be allowed to run its course without interference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner wonder at, during one of his deliveries?
2. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
3. What was Dr. Brass' reaction when Konner talked to her about her management style?
4. What condition does Konner's Uncle Dave suffer?
5. What does Konner say about Charlotte?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)