|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organ did Konner remove during his first autopsy?
(a) Gall bladder.
2. Which point of view does Konner NOT take in his description of his time in med school?
(d) Husband and father.
3. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
(a) The library.
(b) The outpatient gynecological lab.
(c) The emergency room.
(d) The family planning clinic.
4. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
(a) He was reprimanded by the hospital.
(b) He caused unnecessary complications.
(c) He was sanctioned.
(d) He was appreciated.
5. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
6. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
7. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
(a) The EMTs.
(b) The hospital lawyers.
(c) The nursing home physician.
(d) The ER physician.
8. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(b) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(c) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(d) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
9. What comment about Charlotte was red-penciled off her chart?
(a) She is willing to work to improve her condition.
(b) She is friendly and cooperative.
(c) She cannot tolerate her own image.
(d) She appreciated kind attention.
10. What was Dr. Harold Greenspan's field?
11. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
(a) Eating disorder.
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) Chest pains.
12. What was the treatment Dr. Brass recommended for the Pickwickian syndrome case?
(a) Talk therapy.
(c) An anti-cancer drug.
(d) Antipsychotic drugs.
13. Who was the surgeon in the operation on patient Laura?
(a) Dr. Suskauer.
(b) Professor Roth.
(c) Joel Schwartzman.
14. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
(a) When her mother could be released back to her home.
(b) What surgery and chemotherapy would cost.
(c) What heroic measures could still be taken.
(d) Why her mother should be allowed to die.
15. Whose samples had been sent to the lab Konner was working in now?
(a) Professor Roth's patients.
(b) Dr. Brennan's patients.
(c) Dr. Suskauer's patients.
(d) Dr. Mattingly's patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
2. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
3. What was Harrison's specialty?
4. What had Konner's Uncle Dave encouraged him to consider in his decision to return to med school?
5. What was Konner nominated for?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)