|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ringler's approach to his patients?
(a) Keep them guessing about his approach.
(b) Break them down to build them up.
(c) Make clear deals with them.
(d) Let them heal themselves.
2. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
(a) She was hospitalized for further complications.
(b) She was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers.
(c) She regained her health.
(d) She was involved in a car accident.
3. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
(a) Selling his book proposal for 'Becoming a Doctor'.
(b) Being called into a friend's birth.
(c) Getting a good evaluation.
(d) Getting a National Book Award.
4. How many deliveries did Konner perform in his last rotation?
5. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
(a) The nursing home physician.
(b) The hospital lawyers.
(c) The EMTs.
(d) The ER physician.
6. What was the topic of the article titled 'Med School, Heal Thyself'?
(a) Drug company subsidies for research.
(b) Kickbacks for doctors installing implants and synthetic joints.
(c) Doctors' 'inhumane behavior.'
(d) The over-specialization of medical disciplines.
7. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
(a) A nurse's.
(b) A physician's.
(c) A patient's.
(d) An intern's.
8. What does Konner say about Charlotte?
(a) She dominated his last six weeks in his third year.
(b) She inspired him to write about his experiences.
(c) She gave him a reason to continue practicing medicine.
(d) Her case convinced him to get out of medicine.
9. What organ did Konner remove during his first autopsy?
(a) Gall bladder.
10. What was Dr. Harold Greenspan's field?
11. What is the key cause of "R.P.T.A." (Rapidly Progressive Testicular Atrophy)?
12. How had Barb's midwife treated the condition that formed the complications?
(a) She had given Barb drugs.
(b) She had given her herbs.
(c) She had left it untreated.
(d) She had recommended bed rest.
13. What did Konner suffer from on his trip to Galen the day after his ob/gyn rotation?
(a) Gastric distress.
(b) A cold.
(c) Chest pains.
(d) Back pains.
14. Who was the surgeon in the operation on patient Laura?
(a) Professor Roth.
(b) Joel Schwartzman.
(d) Dr. Suskauer.
15. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
(a) Fully-conscious, without drugs.
(b) Heavily sedated.
(c) Full-conscious with pain drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner say Dr. Downing responded to the woman whose sixty-five year old mother had just died?
2. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
3. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
4. What are Konner's feelings about abortion?
5. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)