|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Konner spent in Obstetrics?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What optimism does Konner retain in the end?
(a) Even an incompetent doctor is better than no doctor at all.
(b) Patients will heal themselves.
(c) Human beings will be good to one another.
(d) Healing is possible.
3. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
(a) The library.
(b) The emergency room.
(c) The family planning clinic.
(d) The outpatient gynecological lab.
4. What caused RPTA for Konner?
(a) He belittled another medical student in front of a patient.
(b) He misdiagnosed a patient's neurological disorder.
(c) Dr. Brass humiliated him in front of other medical students.
(d) No one asked about his absence or the award.
5. What does Konner's friend call to discuss with him?
(a) His aging mother.
(b) His fainting spells.
(c) His pregnant wife.
(d) Applying to med school.
6. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
7. What had Konner's Uncle Dave encouraged him to consider in his decision to return to med school?
(a) His anthropological background.
(b) His family.
(c) His religion.
(d) His income.
8. What was Dr. Harold Greenspan's field?
9. What was Harrison's specialty?
(a) Eye surgery.
(b) Gastrointestinal tumors.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Nervous disorders.
10. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
11. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
(a) The nursing home physician.
(b) The ER physician.
(c) The EMTs.
(d) The hospital lawyers.
12. What is the fourth year of med school designed to do?
(a) Allow students to broaden their experience before seeing patients of their own.
(b) Give medical students responsibility for patient care.
(c) Develop skills without direct responsibility.
(d) Give medical students a break before they are responsible for patients.
13. What organ did Konner remove during his first autopsy?
(c) Gall bladder.
14. What complications did Konner's friend Barb suffer after giving birth?
(c) Chest pains.
15. How does Konner characterize Lily Corwin?
(a) Kind and efficient.
(b) Arrogant and ignorant.
(d) Brash and vulgar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Konner find when he researched Sophie Hellman's case?
2. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
3. What causes Pickwickian syndrome?
4. What is Pickwickian syndrome?
5. What brought about an improvement in Charlotte's condition?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)