|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dr. Brass' reaction when Konner talked to her about her management style?
(a) She saw his point of view.
(b) She kept him awake.
(c) She berated him.
(d) She apologized.
2. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
(a) Eating disorder.
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) Chest pains.
3. What does Konner's friend call to discuss with him?
(a) Applying to med school.
(b) His fainting spells.
(c) His aging mother.
(d) His pregnant wife.
4. How many deliveries did Konner perform in his last rotation?
5. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(b) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(c) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
(d) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
6. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
(a) She had not had it properly notarized.
(b) It was not included in her chart.
(c) Dr. Brass countermanded it.
(d) Bureaucratic confusion.
7. What had Konner's Uncle Dave encouraged him to consider in his decision to return to med school?
(a) His anthropological background.
(b) His family.
(c) His religion.
(d) His income.
8. What department was Richard Harrison head of?
9. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
(a) She was involved in a car accident.
(b) She was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers.
(c) She regained her health.
(d) She was hospitalized for further complications.
10. Which point of view does Konner NOT take in his description of his time in med school?
(c) Husband and father.
11. What does Konner say African men did when their wives were in labor?
(a) Hold their wives' hands and encourage them through the pain.
(b) Leave the village until they were done.
(c) Put animals in their robes as if they had given birth to them.
(d) Induce constipation.
12. What field did Konner study after OB/GYN?
13. How long had Konner spent in Obstetrics?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
14. What complications did Konner's friend Barb suffer after giving birth?
(d) Chest pains.
15. What kind of approach did Dr. Harrison rule out for Charlotte?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
2. What starts the day in the gynecology rotation?
3. Why was Konner's condition ironic?
4. What did Konner deliver twice, in his first week?
5. What are newborn babies assessed for?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)