|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
(b) He felt like a beginner.
(c) He felt like a fraud.
(d) He felt like he didn't know anything.
2. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(b) Patients' relatives.
3. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
4. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
(c) Drug companies.
5. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
(a) Mike Colucci was never going to be a surgeon.
(b) Surgery is a dangerous business.
(c) He was not surgeon material himself.
(d) Marty Wentworth practiced bad medicine.
6. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
(b) Motor skills.
7. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
(a) Technical expertise.
(b) Political connections.
8. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
(b) Sensitive and much loved.
9. How often were walk-rounds performed in the psychiatric ward?
(a) Three times a week.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a week.
10. What is the prognosis for the patients Konner sees under Dr. Burdick?
(a) They will likely spend the rest of their lives in and out of hospitals.
(b) They will not return to normal lives.
(c) They may improve and be discharged with drugs.
(d) They can be released after a talking cure identifies and cures their neurosis.
11. How does Konner characterize shock therapy?
(a) Mild compared with surgery.
(d) Violent and dehumanizing.
12. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
13. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
14. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Without infection.
(b) Preventing infection.
(c) Treating infection.
(d) With infection.
15. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(a) Down syndrome.
(d) Aspergers syndrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
2. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
3. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
4. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
5. What procedure did Konner participate in with David Milano?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)