|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
2. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
(b) General psychosis.
(d) Severe migraines.
3. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
(a) Made the incision in the wrong place.
(b) Failed to anesthetize the patient property.
(c) Removed the wrong organ.
(d) Cut the cystic artery.
4. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) As a nurse.
(c) As an anthropologist.
(d) As a pilot.
5. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) A radical treatment.
(b) A missed heartbeat.
(c) An orchid in the attic.
(d) A compensatory pause.
6. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
(a) Not to be a surgeon.
(b) To publish an anthropological piece on his time in med school.
(c) Not to practice medicine.
(d) To write an expose about his time in med school.
7. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
8. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
(a) A stethoscope.
(b) A leather medical bag.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A cigarette.
9. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Aggressive and combative.
(b) Irritable and judgmental.
(c) Witty and detached.
(d) Weak and fussy.
10. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
(a) Use street drugs.
(b) Regress to childhood.
(c) Attempt suicide.
(d) Assault people.
11. What kind of treatment was Katherine Ballard most interested in administering?
(a) Hypnosis therapy.
(b) Talking cure.
(c) Shock treatment.
(d) Drug treatment.
12. When did walk-rounds begin in the Emergency Ward?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) Twelve noon.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
13. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
14. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
(b) Drug companies.
15. How does Konner characterize surgeons' personalities?
Short Answer Questions
1. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
2. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
3. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
4. Why did pediatrics appeal to Konner?
5. What did interns do after rounds?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)