|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As actors in their drama.
(c) As drama queens always stealing the show.
(d) As daredevils taking all the risks.
2. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
(a) He prefers an altogether different approach.
(b) He feels conflicted.
(c) He sides with Freud.
(d) He sides with the psychopharmacologists.
3. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By sawing off her ring.
(b) By amputating it.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By lancing it and draining the blood.
4. How many medical students was Konner grouped with for his rotation in psychiatry?
5. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) An intensive care unit.
(b) Back home.
(c) To the morgue.
(d) An operating room.
6. What is the branch of psychiatric medicine that complements Freud's psychoanalysis?
(a) Surgical treatment.
(c) Shock treatment.
(d) Drug treatment.
7. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(c) Medical psychiatry.
8. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As a pilot.
(b) As a soldier.
(c) As an anthropologist.
(d) As a nurse.
9. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A writer.
(b) A Harvard University professor.
(c) A sailor.
(d) An engineer.
10. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
(a) Technical expertise.
(b) Political connections.
11. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(a) Drug overdose.
(b) Pregnancy complications.
(c) Car accident.
12. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
(b) Touch the patient.
(c) Read the chart first.
(d) Talk to the patient.
13. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
(a) The least successful teachers he ever had.
(b) The least interesting teachers he ever had.
(c) The most impersonal teachers he had.
(d) The best teachers he had.
14. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
15. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
2. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
3. How does Konner characterize shock therapy?
4. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
5. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)