|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(a) Medical psychiatry.
2. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
(a) Severe migraines.
(c) General psychosis.
3. What interest did Konner's medical training have in common with his previous training?
(a) Human behavior.
(b) Human evolution.
(c) Cell development.
(d) Distribution of disease in populations.
4. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
(a) A clean syringe.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A bottle of alcohol.
(d) An empty bed.
5. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
(a) The bar.
(c) For a walk with another intern.
(d) The chapel.
6. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
(a) He cared about his patients.
(b) He was relentless in his pursuit of nurses.
(c) He had no life outside the hospital.
(d) He got away with gross incompetence.
7. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Fifteen seconds.
(d) Fifty minutes.
8. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
(a) Skin surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Gall bladder surgery.
(d) Heart surgery.
9. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Cases handled.
(b) Longest time without sleep.
(c) Malpractice claims.
(d) Monthly earnings.
10. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He had never performed this exam before.
(b) He thought she has severe problems.
(c) He was attracted to her.
(d) He was sick himself.
11. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
(a) Science came before patients in medical schools.
(b) America's standard of care was lower than most industrial nations'.
(c) Malpractice insurance was raising the cost of everyone's care.
(d) Pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors to perform unsafe procedures.
12. How did Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrass themselves in front of their colleagues?
(a) By refusing to consult with experts about a patient's case.
(b) By making the wrong diagnosis of a patient's symptoms.
(c) By being caught harassing a nurse.
(d) By taking inflexible opinions in an argument.
13. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
(a) A leather medical bag.
(b) A stethoscope.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A fountain pen.
14. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
15. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(a) Down syndrome.
(d) Aspergers syndrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
2. What did patient Edwards regain after surgery?
3. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
4. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
5. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)