|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(b) Patients' relatives.
2. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(b) As actors in their drama.
(c) As dangerous.
(d) As drama queens always stealing the show.
3. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(b) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(c) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(d) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
4. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) Back home.
(b) An operating room.
(c) An intensive care unit.
(d) To the morgue.
5. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like a fraud.
(b) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
(c) He felt like a beginner.
(d) He felt like he didn't know anything.
6. What does asepsis mean?
(a) With infection.
(b) Without infection.
(c) Preventing infection.
(d) Treating infection.
7. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A sailor.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A Harvard University professor.
8. What kind of treatment was Katherine Ballard most interested in administering?
(a) Talking cure.
(b) Shock treatment.
(c) Drug treatment.
(d) Hypnosis therapy.
9. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
(c) General psychosis.
(d) Severe migraines.
10. How many medical students was Konner grouped with for his rotation in psychiatry?
11. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(b) He could diagnose patients by himself.
(c) He could make more money.
(d) He could take more time off.
12. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As a pilot.
(b) As an anthropologist.
(c) As a soldier.
(d) As a nurse.
13. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(a) Down syndrome.
(d) Aspergers syndrome.
14. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Thyroid issues.
15. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
(a) He prefers an altogether different approach.
(b) He feels conflicted.
(c) He sides with the psychopharmacologists.
(d) He sides with Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a retractor do?
2. What is the branch of psychiatric medicine that complements Freud's psychoanalysis?
3. What outcome has Dr. Burdick tried to prevent in his practice?
4. How long is a rotation?
5. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)