|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Pregnancy complications.
(c) Drug overdose.
2. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
3. What was Scott Lucas' role?
(a) To get the woman's clothes off.
(b) To test the woman's blood type.
(c) To take blood.
(d) To reinflate the woman's lung.
4. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(a) Aspergers syndrome.
(d) Down syndrome.
5. Why did pediatrics appeal to Konner?
(a) Children had an easier time regaining their health after illness.
(b) It resembled his research on African children.
(c) It let him laugh more.
(d) It gave him more room to be aloof and scientific in his observations.
6. What was Konner's previous training in?
7. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
8. What outcome has Dr. Burdick tried to prevent in his practice?
(a) Discharging patients to mental hospitals.
(b) Letting patients bounce around between different wards and hospitals.
(c) Returning patients to the general public.
(d) Keeping patients in the hospital indefinitely.
9. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(d) Patients' relatives.
10. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
(b) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
(c) He walked away from a patient's question.
(d) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
11. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who wanted to help people.
(b) Men who thrive on stress.
(c) Men who thrive on problem solving.
(d) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
12. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) A week.
13. What does Konner say is typical of brain disease?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) Identity loss.
14. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(b) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
(c) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(d) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
15. What procedure did Konner participate in with David Milano?
(a) Removing surgical stitches.
(c) Exploratory surgery.
(d) Heart surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
3. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
4. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
5. What is 'bagging' a patient?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)