|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(b) Down syndrome.
(c) Aspergers syndrome.
2. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
(a) He could not talk to anyone.
(b) He could not touch anything.
(c) He could not leave the surgery ward.
(d) He could not discuss other cases.
3. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
(a) Surgery is a dangerous business.
(b) He was not surgeon material himself.
(c) Mike Colucci was never going to be a surgeon.
(d) Marty Wentworth practiced bad medicine.
4. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
(a) He did it himself.
(b) He criticized Ramirez' technique.
(c) He showed Konner how to do it.
(d) He wanted Ramirez to intubate.
5. What kind of treatment was Katherine Ballard most interested in administering?
(a) Hypnosis therapy.
(b) Drug treatment.
(c) Shock treatment.
(d) Talking cure.
6. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Beth Israel Hospital.
(b) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(c) Kings County Hospital.
(d) Bay State Hospital.
7. What did Dr. Brennan take from Gerald Edwards' body during surgery?
(a) An abscess.
(b) A tumor.
(c) A paper clip.
(d) A bullet.
8. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) An intensive care unit.
(b) Back home.
(c) An operating room.
(d) To the morgue.
9. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(b) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(c) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(d) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
10. How long is a rotation?
(a) Six months.
(b) A semester.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six weeks.
11. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(b) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
(c) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(d) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
12. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
(a) He was relentless in his pursuit of nurses.
(b) He cared about his patients.
(c) He had no life outside the hospital.
(d) He got away with gross incompetence.
13. What did interns do after rounds?
(a) Start to study.
(b) Write up the rounds.
(c) Wait for patients to come in.
(d) Begin assignments.
14. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
15. What was Konner's previous training in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
2. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
3. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
4. What had Konner been before starting med school?
5. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)