|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion: Healing Artisans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What procedure did Konner participate in with David Milano?
(a) Heart surgery.
(b) Exploratory surgery.
(d) Removing surgical stitches.
2. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
(a) Complications in her pregnancy.
(b) Cysts in her uterus.
(c) Adhesions on her fallopian tubes.
(d) Tumors on her ovaries.
3. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
(b) He walked away from a patient's question.
(c) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
(d) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
4. What field did Konner study after OB/GYN?
5. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
(a) What heroic measures could still be taken.
(b) When her mother could be released back to her home.
(c) Why her mother should be allowed to die.
(d) What surgery and chemotherapy would cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
2. What did Konner deliver twice, in his first week?
3. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
4. What is Konner's justification for not practicing medicine?
5. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)