|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion: Healing Artisans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Lily Corwin?
(a) Arrogant and ignorant.
(b) Brash and vulgar.
(c) Kind and efficient.
2. What is 'dura mater'?
(a) The protective sheath around the nerve cell.
(b) Hard matter around the brain.
(c) Bony channels in the ear.
(d) Another name for bone.
3. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(b) Car accidents.
(c) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
4. Why was Konner's condition ironic?
(a) He had been telling people how to live healthy lives, and his own unhealthy habits were catching up with him.
(b) He had been healthier than ever during his time in medical school, but he could not escape a common cold.
(c) He had been telling mothers to push as if they were going to the bathroom, and now felt that same urge.
(d) He had been treating all kinds of conditions, but he fell victim to a stress-induced skeletal-muscular injury.
5. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(a) Down syndrome.
(b) Aspergers syndrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
2. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
3. What outcome has Dr. Burdick tried to prevent in his practice?
4. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
5. What objection does Konner make to the training of physicians?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)