|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion: Healing Artisans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objection does Konner make to the training of physicians?
(a) They are expected to master an enormous set of shifting facts.
(b) They are taught to focus on the bureaucratic profile of a case, not the human experience.
(c) They are not generally involved in the lives of the patients they are treating.
(d) They are taught to consider human health, but the system really teaches them to make money and get out quick.
2. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He was attracted to her.
(b) He had never performed this exam before.
(c) He was sick himself.
(d) He thought she has severe problems.
3. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
(a) Playing golf.
(c) Chopping wood.
4. What was Konner nominated for?
(a) A National Book Award.
(b) A military appointment.
(c) A prestigious medical honor.
(d) A Pulitzer Prize.
5. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like a fraud.
(b) He felt like a beginner.
(c) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
(d) He felt like he didn't know anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
2. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
3. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
4. Who was the surgeon in the operation on patient Laura?
5. What did interns do after rounds?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)