|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion: Healing Artisans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say he believes about obstetrics?
(a) It should be practiced by women.
(b) A woman's reproductive system should be allowed to run its course without interference.
(c) It should be focused on preventative health and health maintenance.
(d) It should be run by scientists.
2. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
(a) When her mother could be released back to her home.
(b) What heroic measures could still be taken.
(c) Why her mother should be allowed to die.
(d) What surgery and chemotherapy would cost.
3. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
(a) He could not talk to anyone.
(b) He could not touch anything.
(c) He could not discuss other cases.
(d) He could not leave the surgery ward.
4. What optimism does Konner retain in the end?
(a) Human beings will be good to one another.
(b) Patients will heal themselves.
(c) Healing is possible.
(d) Even an incompetent doctor is better than no doctor at all.
5. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the topic of the article titled 'Med School, Heal Thyself'?
2. How does Konner say Dr. Greenspan was embroiled in a controversy?
3. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
4. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
5. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)