|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion: Healing Artisans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say he brought with him as a university professor?
(a) Strong feelings about teaching methods.
(b) Bias against science.
(c) A spiritual view of healing.
(d) Distrust of authority.
2. How often were walk-rounds performed in the psychiatric ward?
(a) Three times a week.
(b) Once a week.
(d) Twice a day.
3. What causes Pickwickian syndrome?
(a) Thyroid imbalance.
(b) Traumatic experiences.
(c) Brain degeneration.
4. What was Konner nominated for?
(a) A prestigious medical honor.
(b) A military appointment.
(c) A National Book Award.
(d) A Pulitzer Prize.
5. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
(a) He went out of his way to take care of his patients and their families.
(b) He was brusque and aloof.
(c) He was incompetent and his heavy drinking obscured his medicine.
(d) He was gentle and non-disruptive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
2. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
3. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
4. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
5. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)