|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion: Healing Artisans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
(a) He recommended against it.
(b) He encouraged a home birth.
(c) He recommended that a midwife birth the child in the hospital.
(d) He advocated cesarean section delivery.
2. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(b) He could make more money.
(c) He could take more time off.
(d) He could diagnose patients by himself.
3. What brought about an improvement in Charlotte's condition?
(a) Talking therapy.
(b) Relocation to a long-term facility.
(c) New medication, and surgery.
(d) Termination of antipsychotic drugs.
4. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
(a) The hospital was not well equipped for obstetrics, and patients went elsewhere.
(b) The development of private birthing centers.
(c) An increasing focus on providing birthing mothers with privacy and familiar doctors.
(d) Medical students were prevented from late stage deliveries.
5. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner wonder at, during one of his deliveries?
2. Why was Konner's condition ironic?
3. What was Dr. Brass' reaction when Konner talked to her about her management style?
4. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
5. What causes Pickwickian syndrome?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)